UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Let Me In
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the art for this one, but there need to be a price drop before I convince myself to buy it. And zavvi needs to stop making steels for every movie out there before they start losing the collectors as customers.

I really like the art for this one, but there need to be a price drop before I convince myself to buy it. And zavvi needs to stop making steels for every movie out there before they start losing the collectors as customers.

This is an Icon release so should be £14.99 like all the other Icon releases.

Reactions: AlienKing
Not a fan of the artwork on front as it could of been better and more detailed but the back looks good. Great film never the less.

Two Play.

Two discs. Disc 1. Original. Disc 2. Remake.
Front art first film. Back art second film. :cool:

So much controversy with the versions of this because of the close proximity between the two releases, a Two Play steelbook like the recent x-files steelbook would of been a great way of doin this exclusive release IMHO.

….only seen this remake edition btw. not bad, but certainly not spectacular to these eyes. its greatest achievement is probably making every1 who sees it want to see the original lol ….too bad as the plot is ofc thoroughly spoiled after watching this. … why oh why did they have to name it so similar ? when it was on TV i thought i was watching the original ….now i can’t experience the original story as the director intended goddammmit :facepalm:

Two Play.

Two discs. Disc 1. Original. Disc 2. Remake.
Front art first film. Back art second film. :cool:

So much controversy with the versions of this because of the close proximity between the two releases, a Two Play steelbook like the recent x-files steelbook would of been a great way of doin this exclusive release IMHO.

….only seen this remake edition btw. not bad, but certainly not spectacular to these eyes. its greatest achievement is probably making every1 who sees it want to see the original lol ….too bad as the plot is ofc thoroughly spoiled after watching this. … why oh why did they have to name it so similar ? when it was on TV i thought i was watching the original ….now i can’t experience the original story as the director intended goddammmit :facepalm:

That's impossible cant happen unless a joint distribution happened by 2 different companies
1) Let the Right One In (2008) (Swedish Production from EFTI/Sandrew Metronome Distribution)
Blu ray/DVD Released in UK by Momentum Pictures in 2008

2) Let Me In (2010) (UK Production from Hammer Films)
Blu ray/DVD Released in UK by Icon Home Entertainment in 2010

They are different Films
Let Me In is not really a remake of Let the Right One In
Its an English adaptation of Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In (novel) released in 2004
Both films are different adaptations of the Novel

Note

Let Me In
The film received highly positive reviews from critics, becoming one of the best critically reviewed films of 2010 and was placed on several critics' top-ten list

Last edited:
Reactions: themanfromunkle
@SaberTooth
Thanks for the post .. I've listened to the podcast for years but never looked up the hosts, so it feels weird to have a face associated with a familiar voice lol.

I don't normally post in threads where I have no interest in purchasing the steelbook, but I did agree with Kermode in that review and also Filmspotting's review of Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Both are perfectly well made films with higher production values, more social exposure and arguably better acting/directing ... but there's really no point in either film existing other than to make money and/or satisfy an English-only speaking audience.
You could say the same for the recent Oldboy remake, which was an embarrassing effort.

Rover

Absolutely love this film, I do like the original too but the cat scene winds me up. Anyway not liking this art so a pass from me