Let The Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 37) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 25th, 2016
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - Pre-order on June 2 at 14:00 (Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (individual editions) - $104 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (500 copies) - Lenticular Type A (900 copies) - Lenticular Type B (500 copies) - One Click (300 copies)

Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B | Full Slip

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
12347872_1803388449888364_2900774884093079029_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!!! Excellent news! This amazing film deserves so much the steelbook treatment and the art chosen is thankfully awesome! I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the pre-order specifics!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Awesome. Really like both versions of this. I think there were certain better parts in both, but both are equally great. Must have :D
Too bad the steelbook for the remake is region b only tho, hopefully it wont be an issue here.

Reactions: MGD
I saw this yesterday and thought that it would be Let Me In after just catching a quick glimpse of it and kinda lost interest, even though that's a great film too. Let The Right One In... will stay tuned, always interesting to have steelbooks for these type of films, it's Swedish too so it's almost like buying a steelbook of a Finnish film... :D

You're kidding, right?

Next to It Follows, this is the most exciting Steelbook news I've heard all year. I can't believe it's happening.
No I'm not kidding. Check out the reviews on Rotten tomatoes.com and you will see I'm not the only one that I actually like the second film. Ok. I love Chloe Moretz especially from kick ass and I am also a fan of the second film because it is also English friendly.
Just like the second film of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I prefer the second one.

Reactions: Actarus
No I'm not kidding. Check out the reviews on Rotten tomatoes.com and you will see I'm not the only one that I actually like the second film. Ok. I love Chloe Moretz especially from kick ass and I am also a fan of the second film because it is also English friendly.
Just like the second film of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I prefer the second one.
Well, you can't judge anything with RT or any aggregate reviewing method.
If you used Rotten Tomatoes and put up a Subtitled, foreign language Star Wars vs. An English language Transformers- Transformers would always win because people, by and large, don't dig subtitled movies.
If you prefer the remake, that is completely acceptable (especially since it is one of the rare ones that is actually not a total disaster). I just think the real McCoy should always have first dibs on special treatment.;) ...And I think the original probably gets higher marks across the board with critics- it was quite the lauded movie when it was released.

Reactions: augustus
The original, better film deserves preference.
That is like saying Point of No Return deserves a steelbook before La Femme Nikita.

Unfortunately, your average clientele in the 'Anglo-Saxon' countries have an aversion to foreign language films, which tends to explain why the better ones get remade in English.

I remember going to see Oliver Hirschbiegel's "Downfall" aka "Der Untergang" (2004), and being one of an audience of three at my local cinema.

The situation is better in the bigger cities, which tend to be more cosmopolitan, but they're still a niche interest.

The same situation also applies to home video releases, where many people I know prefer to watch films such as Sergei Bondarchuk's "War and Peace" aka "Voina i Mir" (1966) in its English dubbed version, rather than tackle the subtitled version of the Russian original.

Their loss, I guess, as I certainly wouldn't want my film collection to be without the works of Sergei Eisenstein, Luchino Visconti, Ingmar Bergman, et al, in their original languages.

Last edited:
Finally some exciting news! Recently watched the remake and without comparing to the original, that was an average movie at best.
If we are comparing to the original, this is definitely the winner for me. I'm in :)
I was worried I'd have to hunt down the rare Korean slipbox, now I don't :cigar: