Let the Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Friday October 13 @ around 12PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11572920-1794523475585582.jpg

Last edited:
Aah the back art is putting it down :sick: but front already grow on me :D even smooth matte finish similar to Arrow matte would be nice!

Front art good, but that back art is not doing it for me at all - like @paulboland I'll be sticking with the beautiful Kimchi/Blu Collection release :drool: (which you can get the lenti's for a decent price fairly often too!)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Oh the SHAME, the SHAME, watching the remake first! :naughty:;)

I agree both are superb in different ways. Still will stick with the Kimchi though
Haha you'd have your head in your hands if you knew just how often I do that. :bag:

I believe it was actually yourself and a few others on here who originally persuaded me (for those who aren't aware, I'm not a big fan of horror -- I'm a wuss basically :ohno:) into checking out both films, so for that, I thank you! :notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Haha you'd have your head in your hands if you knew just how often I do that. :bag:

I believe it was actually yourself and a few others on here who originally persuaded me (for those who aren't aware, I'm not a big fan of horror -- I'm a wuss basically :ohno:) into checking out both films, so for that, I thank you! :notworthy:

I feel proud lol.

I'm not sure I'd actually class this as outland out horror, more a gothic love story like Frankenstein. For me the US version was the better more streamline film. I read the book, watched the original first and still prefer the US version

I feel proud lol.

I'm not sure I'd actually class this as outland out horror, more a gothic love story like Frankenstein. For me the US version was the better more streamline film. I read the book, watched the original first and still prefer the US version
I completely agree with everything you just said. :thumbs:

Reactions: psychoscot
Love the front art but not so keen on the rear - may as well have used the actual image rather than an ok-ish pop art version.

I'd like to get this but will hold out for a price drop

Reactions: psychoscot
Aaaaah, not more trees (lol(!
Anyway, original-ish art and not recycled from other editions . . . which has got to be a good thing:-
upload_2017-10-13_2-2-21.png
upload_2017-10-13_2-1-10.png

. . . for continuity I'd have put Eli on the front and the trees on the back . . . like the other steelbook (lol) . . . title on front not essential (imo) but if absolutely necessary could be incorporated into the blood of the artwork BRONSON style:-
upload_2017-10-13_5-22-22.png
upload_2017-10-13_5-48-13.png
upload_2017-10-13_5-0-51.png

As for the French they insist on entitling the film MORSE . . . which got me thinking of the Code and the Inspector . . . but thankfully saved by the Urban Dictionary which informed me that it's a mythological "half man, half horse" creature - I thought that was a Centaur !?
"Half moron, half horse" as in "- - - - - - - ' - being a ****ing morse" seems more appropriate but no less apt as the title for the film . . . mind you, haven't watched in a while . . .
Maybe a French person will enlighten me?

Swedish horror films in steelbooks only slightly less rare than horror films from Norway in steelbooks . . . and, speaking about Norway, would love to see a steelbook for the delightfully humorous and OTT gory duo DEAD SNOW 1 & 2.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Love the look of this steelbook.....love it! Haven't seen the film and have always wanted to, so will pick this up at some point.

Think the art looks great so I would actually consider this on a price drop, but would have to be below £10 as I have this twice already and don't really need another

For some reason the front art reminds me of the dark knight teaser poster with the joker behind the frosted glass writing "why so serious"

Think it's the writing of the title is quite similar and tone and colours used that reminds me

As for the French they insist on entitling the film MORSE . . . which got me thinking of the Code and the Inspector . . . but thankfully saved by the Urban Dictionary which informed me that it's a mythological "half man, half horse" creature - I thought that was a Centaur !?
"Half moron, half horse" as in "- - - - - - - ' - being a ****ing morse" seems more appropriate but no less apt as the title for the film . . . mind you, haven't watched in a while . . .
Maybe a French person will enlighten me?
You don't need a French person, morse code is a means of communication used in the film. Making it the title of course continues the proud tradition of stupid decisions in localized movie titling.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Interesting artwork and more "real" than Pop with Eli well represented on the back.
Front looks MONDOesque and the inside is aces.
upload_2017-12-3_23-16-17.png
upload_2017-12-3_23-22-57.png
upload_2017-12-3_23-21-40.png

As they've gone all artistic instead of original poster on our steelbook it's maybe a pity they didn't go the whole hog and go full MONDO with the Tyler Stout artwork as wraparound:-
stout-let-the-right-one-in-duckyhoward.jpg

The back artwork giving me a sense of deja vu . . . reminding me of the image Tom Fournier did for the BRONSON steelbook cover:
upload_2017-12-3_23-58-17.png
upload_2017-12-3_23-59-10.png

. . . and very different in style to the other steelbook with the original poster images:-

Let-the-Right-One-In-steelbook-1.jpg
Let-the-Right-One-In-steelbook-2.jpg

Ooooh look they've tried to make yet another steelbook look like a graphic novel, never saw that coming.

Jesus, I imagine even people that like this style plastered all over their steelbooks are getting sick of the lack of variety now.