Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
really going to be interesting to see if the FA can match the lenti from Kimchii being almost the same design i think.

Nope definitely experience. As someone who owns 50+ FACs and deal with Kimchi GBs I know who does a better lenti ;)
I also own many FAC's and Kimchis.

Both do good lentis, both do bad.

Kimchi have also produced some right lenticular duds (It Follows, Whiplash, Snowpiercer to name a few.......) But when they get it right, they do get it RIGHT (Memento, Tangled etc....)

It's easy to write off FA when we haven't even seen what they can offer yet. I'll hold my judgement until I see both finished products side by side.

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx and cooey
This might sound crazy but I'm not feeling that lenti. Or least that gif makes it look a bit weird... Still not sure whether I should go for this or leave it and stick with the standard uk steel. Pound is doing crap again too which don't help

Kimchi have also produced some right lenticular duds (It Follows, Whiplash, Snowpiercer to name a few.......) But when they get it right, they do get it RIGHT (Memento, Tangled etc....)

It's easy to write off FA when we haven't even seen what they can offer yet. I'll hold my judgement until I see both finished products side by side.

What it follows lenti? Because for me the swimming pool filling up with blood is awesome

I've got the non-swimming pool lenti for It Follows and the lenti itself is good (not a lot of depth but otherwise ok). But the biggest problem is the slip is waaay too big for the steelbook, I mean it literally just falls off the steelbook when you pick it up.

The last point has me slightly nervous about my Life purchase, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I must agree with Flloydo about It Follows, pool lenti is amazing in hands.

Anyways I´m also still not decided whether to go for it or not. But I think few more looks at that lenti and It will break me afterall :whistle::angel:
I thought the It Follows pool lenti was average. No depth and just a standard transition. Each to their own though! This lenti looks like it might have depth aswell as transition though, it could be good.

I thought the It Follows pool lenti was average. No depth and just a standard transition. Each to their own though! This lenti looks like it might have depth aswell as transition though, it could be good.

I agree there's not much depth and I don't really like transitional lentis but that's one of the only ones I do really like. I think the blood looks really rich and full if that makes any sense lol

I like depth and transitional together but mainly depth lentis

I don't agree with Pearse much, but I give you credit for this^^. The FA Lenti looks awesome. Kimchi are becoming a bit of a hit and miss now with their overall quality...
If Kimchi does come out the better Lenti, it won't be by a lot. The Lenti and Full Slip are very similar to FA's.

If Kimchi did the thicker slip I be interested. Meh @ those skinny tall slips.... :confused: And also Meh @ the toilet roll fullslip for High Water on their last release :wtf:

Well said, I didn't think it was great, but average. The H8 was their worst, Spotlight was their best. I can't comment on Hell High as it was sold out!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Well said, I didn't think it was great, but average. The H8 was their worst, Spotlight was their best. I can't comment on Hell High as it was sold out!

Spotlight is a nice lenti but not their best. Memento and incredibles are better

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Spotlight is a nice lenti but not their best. Memento and incredibles are better

Was referring to the Blucollection as the discussion went from IT Follows. Thor is a great Lenti, still think it's Kimchi's best. Never really saw what the big deal with Tangled was (yes I did own it). I guess like anything, you hear all the good opinions and general hype, and when you finally get it was a little underwhelmed due to the high expectations I guess.

Was referring to the Blucollection as the discussion went from IT Follows. Thor is a great Lenti, still think it's Kimchi's best. Never really saw what the big deal with Tangled was (yes I did own it). I guess like anything, you hear all the good opinions and general hype, and when you finally get it was a little underwhelmed due to the high expectations I guess.
I had tangled from day 1 and love it. I picked up Thor after all the hype and was a little let down. Still love them both but I totally agree with what you've said there. They can only ever be so good

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx