Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Life (2017)

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Daniel Espinosa

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ariyon Bakare, Olga Dihovichnaya, Alexandre Nguyen, Hiu Woong-Sin, Camiel Warren-Taylor, Naoko Mori, Elizabeth Vargas, David Muir, Allen McLean, Jesus Del Orden, Haruka Kuroda

Release: 2017-05-26

Plot: The six-member crew of the International Space Station is tasked with studying a sample from Mars that may be the first proof of extra-terrestrial life, which proves more intelligent than ever expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

LifeLogo.jpg

Source: ComingSoon.net
Sony Pictures has just unleashed a stylish trailer for next summer’s space thriller, Life. In the player below, you can take a first look at the Memorial Day 2017 thriller with the Life movie trailer. Set to a September 12, 1962 John F. Kennedy address at Rice University, the science fiction thriller balances realistic sci-fi terror with the President’s iconic words on America’s plans for space exploration.

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ariyon Bakare, and Olga Dihovichnaya, Life reteams Reynolds with Safe House director Daniel Espinosa and boasts a screenplay from the Deadpool and Zombieland pair of Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. As you can see for yourself in the Life movie trailer, however, this one is no laughing matter and appears to be somewhat of a cross between Alien and Gravity.

The official description for Life reads as follows:

Life tells the story of the six-member crew of the International Space Station that is on the cutting edge of one of the most important discoveries in human history: the first evidence of extraterrestrial life on Mars. As the crew begins to conduct research, their methods end up having unintended consequences and the life form proves more intelligent than anyone ever expected.

Life is produced by David Ellison and Dana Goldberg alongside Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn. Look for it to hit the big screen May 26, 2017.
popcorn2.gif

Seriously, man. Does anybody even look at a movie database? This title was used already not too long ago...
IMG_5828.JPG

And why have a Kennedy Space speech in the trailer? Makes zero sense.
And Hiroyuki Sanada is onboard the ship...so is this the sequel to SUNSHINE?:rofl:

Looks like a suit said "give me ALIEN meets GRAVITY".

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing
WOW. Great Cast!

That is for sure how this looks. And I think that's a GREAT thing. Can't wait to see this!
I love Sci-fi and never root for a bad film - so I hope it is good. But it does look like someone tried to jam two existing films together. I do hope it is actually quite a bit more than what the trailer is revealing.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Looks good, do agree that it looks like gravity meets alien but I'm cool with that.

Jake is in so I'm in :)

Only one black guy in space and i dont think he made it past the trailer. smh @ hollywood. :p:rofl:

I think i'm gonna go and watch Sunshine again :D

Jake is one of my favs, he's great in pretty much everything

Sunshine is a decent film with a really good cast but the last 5 mins is just annoying to watch IMO

Reactions: AlienKing
Jake is one of my favs, he's great in pretty much everything

Sunshine is a decent film with a really good cast but the last 5 mins is just annoying to watch IMO
Jake's choice of films are interesting. he always does something different. Minus couple of bad choices.

I havent watched Sunshine in a long time. I forgot the last 5 mins :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I still have never watched Prince of Persia. That bad?

I'll give anything a go with jake, over the past few years he's up there with Leo and pheonix for me and chooses some very interesting films but like any actor they all make a few bad ones and i turned prince of Persia off after about 20 mins. I don't do that for many films, even if they are bad I usually continue in hope it gets better but that was just painful

I hated source code too. But I watched it the other night again on film 4 and was a little better than I remembered. Still don't like the ending though.
I always said after moon Bowie had to bite the bullet and make a Hollywood commercial film to break into Hollywood properly and then I hoped after he would continue little indie films but after Warcraft I can't see it happening. That was worse (good visuals though)

I'll give anything a go with jake, over the past few years he's up there with Leo and pheonix for me and chooses some very interesting films but like any actor they all make a few bad ones and i turned prince of Persia off after about 20 mins. I don't do that for many films, even if they are bad I usually continue in hope it gets better but that was just painful

I hated source code too. But I watched it the other night again on film 4 and was a little better than I remembered. Still don't like the ending though.
I always said after moon Bowie had to bite the bullet and make a Hollywood commercial film to break into Hollywood properly and then I hoped after he would continue little indie films but after Warcraft I can't see it happening. That was worse (good visuals though)
Apparently, we owe Prince of Persia a thank you. He said it really turned him off the path of making blockbuster fare.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Apparently, we owe Prince of Persia a thank you. He said it really turned him off the path of making blockbuster fare.

Ha, I never knew that.
Thanks Persia

Although I don't mind him doing blockbusters but yeah he picks weird little indie films or decent thrillers/ dramas by respectable directors (mostly) of which both I like and he usually gives it his all

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
I still have never watched Prince of Persia. That bad?
At least it's better than the new Hitman movie or Far Cry. :giggle:
But yea, like other hollywood adaptations, it didnt do much justice to source material. As a standalone movie, well, one afternoon if you wanna take some time off and turn off your brain and watch something fantasy-ish, then it's watchable.
I think it's worth the watch if you enjoyed the games though.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database