Multi Life is Strange: Before the Storm (2017)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: August 31, 2017
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC

image.jpg

If you’re reading this, you’ve likely already heard or watched the news… we reached over 3 million unique paying players! It’s an incredible achievement and one we could not have reached without you, our fantastic community! You helped spread positive words about our game and have continually kept the world interested in what happens next.

We also revealed a key piece of information that many of you have been waiting some time for now - we can indeed confirm that the original Life is Strange team at DONTNOD are working on a brand new Life is Strange game. We can’t wait to tell you all about it when the time is right, but for now we are hard at work ensuring it is the very best game we can create. We’re really thankful for your patience thus far and ask for a bit more time. The new game will not be at E3 in June this year but we will be watching the show alongside you all and wish everyone good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: MGD and tridon
Very excited about this! Loved the first game, although personally I hope they do a new story rather than follow on from the original.

@tridon :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Very excited about this! Loved the first game, although personally I hope they do a new story rather than follow on from the original.

@tridon :thumbs:

I watched that developer video yesterday, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. :p

I'm very happy to know that a sequel is on the way. If it does continue after the first game, I wonder which ending it'll follow.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and MGD
I watched that developer video yesterday, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. :p

I'm very happy to know that a sequel is on the way. If it does continue after the first game, I wonder which ending it'll follow.
Haha I'm glad you said that, because I watched it yesterday too and didn't quite understand what they were trying to say either... I thought it was basically just a video to say they've sold over 3 million copies and that the team are working on new projects... never for a second did I think they were referring to LIS2 though. It wasn't until this morning when I saw the news in writing that I fully understood the announcement.

Very exciting news anyway! Will definitely be interesting to see how they get around the multiple endings if they have decided to continue the story from the first game.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a new three part standalone story adventure set three years before the events of the first game. This time play as Chloe Price, a rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber in dramatic new story in the BAFTA award winning franchise.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 releases August 31, 2017 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark

Meet Deck Nine Games, the developers behind Life is Strange: Before The Storm!

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a new three part standalone story adventure set three years before the events of the first game. This time play as Chloe Price, a rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber in dramatic new story in the BAFTA award winning franchise.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and MGD
This one won't have any supernatural powers or time-bending gameplay. Also, Ashly Birch who voiced the original Chloe couldn't reprise her role because of the SAG strike, which is very disappointing. However, Life is Strange 2 is still in development in Paris right now. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
Can't wait for this! It never crossed my mind that they'd do a prequel rather than a sequel, but I'm actually glad they're going in that direction.

Thanks for adding thumbnails to all these recent threads by the way @bloodsnake007. :thumbs:

Gotta disagree with you, bud. I was quite disappointed when I found out this was a prequel because SO much of the backstory was already explained in the first game. I feel like this will be slightly redundant. I'm sure it'll still be good, but nevertheless, I was disappointed.

This one won't have any supernatural powers or time-bending gameplay. Also, Ashly Birch who voiced the original Chloe couldn't reprise her role because of the SAG strike, which is very disappointing. However, Life is Strange 2 is still in development in Paris right now. :thumbs:

Well that's good to hear that an actual sequel is in development... though my disappointed for this prequel grows with now knowing that Ashly Birch won't be back as Chloe.

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD and Noodles
Gotta disagree with you, bud. I was quite disappointed when I found out this was a prequel because SO much of the backstory was already explained in the first game. I feel like this will be slightly redundant. I'm sure it'll still be good, but nevertheless, I was disappointed.
Hmm true, but hearing about it and actually experiencing it are two different things IMO. You still have a point though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see... hopefully it doesn't disappoint!
For real? That sucks about Ashly. :(

Glad to hear they're also working on a sequel though!

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD and tridon
Hmm true, but hearing about it and actually experiencing it are two different things IMO. You still have a point though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see... hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

For real? That sucks about Ashly. :(

Glad to hear they're also working on a sequel though!

I just felt like the backstory in the first game was so fleshed out as-is, I didn't need to actually experience it. I mean, Rachel wasn't even in it, but I felt like they talked about her so much, I cared about her as a character. This prequel may be good, but I'm more of a Max fan than a Chloe one, so we'll see how it plays out. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Another game i haven't finished and i have in on every console i own.Man, i need to game more.

I like the idea of there being no powers .it was one of my main dislikes about the first game.Having the ability to change choices was never my thing.Makes choicse and let them ride out.

Anyone played this yet?

I'm thinking of downloading the Deluxe Edition from PSN:

Deluxe Edition contains:
- The main game (Episodes 1-3)
- Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode...
- Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game.
- Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits. Includes Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

It's £19.99 which isn't bad as I really enjoyed the first one and it felt worth it.

The first ep is a great start. Adding some new mechanics to the game-play like back talk is fun. It should be very branching in its complexity, the farther along you go in the story the more and more different scenarios you might see versus what I might see. The Deck Nine guys are fans of the series, so I think we'll be in good hands. Waiting see more of Chloe and Rachel's relationship and how that develops and expands over time.

Reactions: Noodles