Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, let's not forget that not every release in the original wave was gloss. There were plenty of matte titles in there. From memory, Mermaid, Wreck it Ralph, Fantasia, Peter Pan, Lady & Tramp, Dumbo, Dalmatians Frozen and possibly Alice and Jungle Book were all matte, though they did have bossing. The collection was consistently glossy from Bambi onwards. Same situation with the Pixar collection - Toy Story trilogy was matte, and so was Cars and Up, possibly others.

Also, let's not forget that not every release in the original wave was gloss. There were plenty of matte titles in there. From memory, Mermaid, Wreck it Ralph, Fantasia, Peter Pan, Lady & Tramp, Dumbo, Dalmatians Frozen and possibly Alice and Jungle Book were all matte, though they did have bossing. The collection was consistently glossy from Bambi onwards. Same situation with the Pixar collection - Toy Story trilogy was matte, and so was Cars and Up, possibly others.
Alice in Wonderland was full gloss finish

"Cheap finish" on the Disney/Zavvi lenticular steelbooks is a comment I expect to read from someone who doesn't own any of these.

ZERO FINISH: a delicate cross between matte and gloss with non of the issues associated with gloss used specifically to accentuate the contrast, give oomph to the colours and bring out the blacks.
It is fingerprint friendly and reflections from ambient lighting are not an issue when it comes to display.
More importantly Zero is less prone to scratching, paint stretching etc. than either Matte or Gloss steelbooks.
Sometimes called the best of both world and rarely called the worst.
Anybody still equating a cheap finish with these lovely steelbooks should check out the images in these unboxings . . . once the magnets have been removed of course . . . classy steelbooks with zero tackiness :-
II
V

• Thanks
Reactions: DrH
As mentioned above not all of the first wave were fantastic gloss finishes.
Peter Pan was underwhelming for instance.
Emporers new groove and wreck it Ralph are completely different so why the problem with a Lenti.
This has made my week with the announcement of Lilo and Stitch

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06
"Cheap finish" on the Disney/Zavvi lenticular steelbooks is a comment I expect to read from someone who doesn't own any of these.

ZERO FINISH: a delicate cross between matte and gloss with non of the issues associated with gloss used specifically to accentuate the contrast, give oomph to the colours and bring out the blacks.
It is fingerprint friendly and reflections from ambient lighting are not an issue when it comes to display.
More importantly Zero is less prone to scratching, paint stretching etc. than either Matte or Gloss steelbooks.
Sometimes called the best of both world and rarely called the worst.
Anybody still equating a cheap finish with these lovely steelbooks should check out the images in these unboxings . . . once the magnets have been removed of course . . . classy steelbooks with zero tackiness :-
II
V

Where do you get this BS from?

"Sometimes called the best of both worlds and rarely called the worst"

Do you tally up people's options in a book?

About Damn time!!!!!!!!!
I swear, seeing this ridiculous reissues was driving me crazy, when there are so many films we're still missing; this one being the BEST in my opinion.

So glad that this is getting the steelbook treatment, but annoyed as hell that the image of Stitch is recycled onto the back- Surely the designers of the steelbooks know that back artwork is a big part of the appeal of a steelbook. Lazy attempt, but they'll get away with it as people will want to own this particular version of the film (I'm loathe to say myself included)

In terms of the recent wave of re-releases, the one title that WOULD make sense as a re-release would be Fantasia, if only to replace the horrible back artwork of the original.

Oliver & Company and The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh next please!

The back and the inside looks a bit disappointing for me to be honest,but i still might grab this

@zavvi, just seen that you've joined the HDN boards, welcome! I thought it would be worth drawing your attention to this thread. A lot of love in here for Zavvi's first wave of Dinsey animated classics on steelbook. It would be fantastic to see Lilo & Stitch continue the high standard set by that original collection (high gloss finish, and embossing) rather than the zero finish lenticular package that seems to be standard for the recently re-issued titles.

Lilo & Stitch is new to steelbook, and well worth all the bells and whistles! Any chance of feeding back to Disney on this, and perhaps finding out why we're getting the cloned artwork on the back and minimal inside art?

@zavvi, just seen that you've joined the HDN boards, welcome! I thought it would be worth drawing your attention to this thread. A lot of love in here for Zavvi's first wave of Dinsey animated classics on steelbook. It would be fantastic to see Lilo & Stitch continue the high standard set by that original collection (high gloss finish, and embossing) rather than the zero finish lenticular package that seems to be standard for the recently re-issued titles.

Lilo & Stitch is new to steelbook, and well worth all the bells and whistles! Any chance of feeding back to Disney on this, and perhaps finding out why we're getting the cloned artwork on the back and minimal inside art?

@zavvi joined HiDefNinja?

Great...guys rework the backart, or tell Disney to, whatever you do just make sure it's changed. Why would you approve artwork where Stich on the front art is copied and pasted from the front.

It's THE Zavvi! Hey dfoles :)
Hey again THE Zavvi!!

Posted a similar comment a few days ago, but appreciate that someone from the company is actively visiting this site.

Quick question- How does the exclusivity deal between you and Disney work re the steelbooks being Zavvi exclusives? Obviously you're the distributor, but do you guys have any say whatsoever in terms of quality control/designs of the steelbooks?

Again- I know you're not the guys who are designing these things, but do you have active dialogue with the producers of these steelbooks??

Would be nice if there is some form of feedback channel between you guys and the producers, and even more so if you take into consideration the thoughts echoed by the guys on dedicated sites like this- for instance, I'm sure scanning through this thread alone a lot of people are a bit irked with the back artwork of the steeelbook being what it is (i.e. the same image of Stitch used that's on the front of the steelbook) and if you've got the power to communicate this with the possibility of getting a redesign we'd definitely appreciate it!!!

Hey again THE Zavvi!!

Posted a similar comment a few days ago, but appreciate that someone from the company is actively visiting this site.

Quick question- How does the exclusivity deal between you and Disney work re the steelbooks being Zavvi exclusives? Obviously you're the distributor, but do you guys have any say whatsoever in terms of quality control/designs of the steelbooks?

Again- I know you're not the guys who are designing these things, but do you have active dialogue with the producers of these steelbooks??

Would be nice if there is some form of feedback channel between you guys and the producers, and even more so if you take into consideration the thoughts echoed by the guys on dedicated sites like this- for instance, I'm sure scanning through this thread alone a lot of people are a bit irked with the back artwork of the steeelbook being what it is (i.e. the same image of Stitch used that's on the front of the steelbook) and if you've got the power to communicate this with the possibility of getting a redesign we'd definitely appreciate it!!!

Hey Andycadle84 :)

So.. While we can't talk about the exclusivity deal. We can say that we do not have much input regarding design - They are Disney's property. - There have been times with companies where we have passed on feedback/comments regarding quality.