Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
While this steel is one of the most requested/desired steels from the Disney vault, its design is really holding it back, I think. The characters are poorly drawn and Stitch's image is even duplicated exactly on the back. Very very lazy work, I think.

Gonna pass at least until in hand photos come out.

The character designs are something Disney have been ruining on many of their newer releases.

There's a good image online showing how their princesses should look (ie: in their movies) and how they now appear on merchandise in general. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Mulan have been airbrushed to within an inch of their lives as to be almost unrecognisable.

The character designs are something Disney have been ruining on many of their newer releases.

There's a good image online showing how their princesses should look (ie: in their movies) and how they now appear on merchandise in general. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Mulan have been airbrushed to within an inch of their lives as to be almost unrecognisable.

That's because Disney combine artwork from different sources (especially on their steelbooks). Some of the artwork is poster/promotional, some seem to be sourced from comic books etc, so you'll even get steelbooks that show different characterizations of the same characters on back and front (or inside art). The Rescuers/ Fox & The Hound steelbooks are good examples of this.

Also, a lot of cover artwork looks like animation frames that have been traced and airbrushed. The problem with this, is that the posture (and composition) of a character in a frame still would likely read differently than the same character posture depicted in an original cover illustration. The reason for this is simply that these depend on different design choices. An animation still lack the other frames to balance out the action and composition, while a good illustration creates a single image that embodies the entire action. If you simply trace a film frame and colour it, its imperfections will only become more evident. That is part of my problem with Disney releases. They tend to mix artwork from different sources (I guess from a library of pre-approved artwork), and so the packaging design is often not up to the standard of the films themselves.

Last edited:
Why do they do this with the prices!

Just change it to start with zavvi

This is the first of Disney's lenticular steels that I've ordered... more new titles on steel please! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Zavvi have posted on twitter
Looks like a pricing error. The team will be on it

Price should be corrected soon to £17.99

This is the first of Disney's lenticular steels that I've ordered... more new titles on steel please! :D

Just wished they dropped the lenti with the new new ones and continue them glossy

This will most likely be the only release and there's only a few I need to finish the collection so I don't mind pre ordering but the art should of been better on this. Or at least the back art

If it's still in stock around release and depending on my cash flow I might cancel and wait it out. Not sure yet

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer and Noodles
Just wished they dropped the lenti with the new new ones and continue them glossy

This will most likely be the only release and there's only a few I need to finish the collection so I don't mind pre ordering but the art should of been better on this. Or at least the back art

If it's still in stock around release and depending on my cash flow I might cancel and wait it out. Not sure yet
Completely agree with all your points... but beggars can't be choosers, as they say.

Hope they do Bolt at some point!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
how much should it be then in €

I believe I spent 24 €
Price in Euros is €21.25

Best to reorder at cheaper price and the after you do that cancel previous order

Zavvi are hit and miss at pre order price promise for european customers so always best to re order if price drops in Euros before release date

Completely agree with all your points... but beggars can't be choosers, as they say.

Hope they do Bolt at some point!

If they really want to get on my good side then

• rescuers down under
• the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• return to Oz
• Basil
• cars 2 (just to complete Pixar - Hmv printed back is awful)
• Petes dragon (original)
• dinosaur (possibly)
• Bolt
• muppets Christmas carol
And
• muppets most wanted to go with the one before

And a bonus that will never ever happen
• songs of the south

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Ordered. Despite its imperfections (which, I've just noticed, also includes the Disney logo being on the frame of the steel rather than within it) I'm more than happy to show my support for any new and unreleased titles in the Disney animated classics collection. Bring us the rest, @zavvi and thank you for showing some love to the underdogs of this series (although it's really quite hard to apply that term to Lilo & Stitch, it's an absolute gem of a movie). Fingers crossed future titles will spoil us with some glossing and bossing. Although this Lilo & Stitch cake looks delicious, it would have been even better if someone's hadn't taken off with the icing!

• Thanks
Reactions: DrH
If they really want to get on my good side then

• rescuers down under
• the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• return to Oz
• Basil
• cars 2 (just to complete Pixar - Hmv printed back is awful)
• Petes dragon (original)
• dinosaur (possibly)
• Bolt
• muppets Christmas carol
And
• muppets most wanted to go with the one before

And a bonus that will never ever happen
• songs of the south

Amen to all of those! I would go doolally for The Black Cauldron too, but the chances of that happening are slim to zero. I think I'm in the minority for loving what they tried to do with that movie. IMO John Hurt as the horned king deserves his place beside the likes of Maleficent, Jafar and Prince John. What a dude. RIP.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo