Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play to those who have ordered this, but am not one of those who have as i can't bring my self to buy this based on the fact that it would just look odd in the collection imo, awesome film though :thumbs:
Odd in what way sorry? A lot of the Disney steelbooks don't match in terms of finishes, things like borders etc- other than the lenti magnet (which I have no intention on keeping on the steelbook) think this would sit fairly well with the others in the Disney collection. Shame about the back art though!

My biggest bug bear is the films with no titles on the spine, to the point that it's a deal breaker for me- no title, no spine.

Because of this, I have anomalies in my collection like the blufans/Kimchi versions of Zootopia, Frozen, Inside Out as they were the only options I had of having films with titles on the spine in my collection at the time. However, this then presented the issue that these editions are the all singing, all dancing versions complete with slipcases and extras. As much as I love these packages, they stand out on my shelves compared to 'normal' steels. I get far too obsessive with things like this!!

Odd in what way sorry? A lot of the Disney steelbooks don't match in terms of finishes, things like borders etc- other than the lenti magnet (which I have no intention on keeping on the steelbook) think this would sit fairly well with the others in the Disney collection. Shame about the back art though!

My biggest bug bear is the films with no titles on the spine, to the point that it's a deal breaker for me- no title, no spine.

Because of this, I have anomalies in my collection like the blufans/Kimchi versions of Zootopia, Frozen, Inside Out as they were the only options I had of having films with titles on the spine in my collection at the time. However, this then presented the issue that these editions are the all singing, all dancing versions complete with slipcases and extras. As much as I love these packages, they stand out on my shelves compared to 'normal' steels. I get far too obsessive with things like this!!
I'm also debating selling my Blufans Frozen steelbook (truth be told, I love the whole package but the steelbook itself is disappointing) and getting the recent lenticular Zavvi version- Normal steelbook, title on spine- Job done.

Fair play to those who have ordered this, but am not one of those who have as i can't bring my self to buy this based on the fact that it would just look odd in the collection imo, awesome film though :thumbs:

Also want to see how this turns out but I bet now this one turns out full gloss, embossed and a great lenti lol

I think he means because this is the only "new release" out the current lenti editons and many of us have not bothered with the re releases so it will stick out just having a lenti magnet unlike the rest of the Disney collection

Also although the rest of the actual proper collection is matte and gloss I assume this will have no embossing so it sticks out in that sense too

Of course you can still place the lenti inside the steel like I have done with the marvel ones I own with shocking lentis but I think that's what he means

I'm still up for this and I'll prob put the lenti inside but I've had to cancel for now - had no choice

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer
Also want to see how this turns out but I bet now this one turns out full gloss, embossed and a great lenti lol

I think he means because this is the only "new release" out the current lenti editons and many of us have not bothered with the re releases so it will stick out just having a lenti magnet unlike the rest of the Disney collection

Also although the rest of the actual proper collection is matte and gloss I assume this will have no embossing so it sticks out in that sense too

Of course you can still place the lenti inside the steel like I have done with the marvel ones I own with shocking lentis but I think that's what he means

I'm still up for this and I'll prob put the lenti inside but I've had to cancel for now - had no choice
Pretty much hit the nail on the head where am coming from @Flloydo , because i keep mine sealed and in scf1 putting the lenti inside is no go for me, be cool if zavvi forgot to put the lenti on and it was embossed etc lol :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

I almost begrudgingly kept my order- To say I'm irked with the lazy back art is an understatement, but needed to add this to the collection; haven't seen it in years either so will be nice to (hopefully) be reminded just how good this film was.

In terms of the steelbook- I'm not holding out too much hope in terms of a 10/10 job on the finish or any extra love given to it, but as long as it's passable I'm sure I'll forgive that once I've got my hands on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The back still puts me off.

@zavvi this is so lazy man, how can you let this art back. I heard you do feedback and get in touch with them if you feel there's a problem with the design yet no one pointed this out.

You wonder why people would pay more over in the UK to import Blufan steelbooks... *sigh*

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84
The back still puts me off.

@zavvi this is so lazy man, how can you let this art back. I heard you do feedback and get in touch with them if you feel there's a problem with the design yet no one pointed this out.

You wonder why people would pay more over in the UK to import Blufan steelbooks... *sigh*

Could be Disney's fault. They're notoriously difficult to work with. Fortunately, it seems like @zavvi 's been pushing for some features to be added/changed based on our feedback. I imagine the art used is one of the hardest if not the hardest thing to change once it's been approved. That said, it's hard to imagine how Zavvi even agreed to this design to begin with.

Dispatched as well, hope I get it tomorrow as Rogue one was debited yesterday and arrived today, hopefully Zavvi and RM are on a roll with the postal delivery!

My order was just despatched
My debit card only got charged just before this

Lot quicker than usual most my orders I had card charged day before

Dispatched as well, hope I get it tomorrow as Rogue one was debited yesterday and arrived today, hopefully Zavvi and RM are on a roll with the postal delivery!
Doubt it, being Good Friday and a public holiday! Unless you're in Scotland, that is. From the RM website:

England, Wales, Northern Ireland

14 April - Friday - Good Friday bank holiday - No collections or deliveries

Scotland
14 April - Friday - Good Friday bank holiday - Normal collections and deliveries

Doubt it, being Good Friday and a public holiday! Unless you're in Scotland, that is. From the RM website:

England, Wales, Northern Ireland

14 April - Friday - Good Friday bank holiday - No collections or deliveries

Scotland
14 April - Friday - Good Friday bank holiday - Normal collections and deliveries

Thanks forgot about the holidays and you also forgot the Monday BH also. So Saturday or Tuesday it is then.

Thanks forgot about the holidays and you also forgot the Monday BH also. So Saturday or Tuesday it is then.
I wasn't forgetting Monday - I was just responding to your comment regarding tomorrow, that's all! :LOL:

But just in case anyone is wondering, this applies to the whole of the UK:

17 April - Monday - Easter Monday bank holiday - No collections or deliveries

Opened copy...

Overall, I dig this- the finish is what it is, but the colours are vibrant enough for it to work irrespective of it not being a gloss finish.

The back artwork hasn't irked me as much in person as it did when the steelbook was first unveiled (naturally, would of preferred an alternate image, but I can live with it)

Attachments

• IMG_8976.jpg
    IMG_8976.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_8977.jpg
    IMG_8977.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8978.jpg
    IMG_8978.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 211