Logan (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #77) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 12, 2017
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: Edition 1 (999 CZK) - Edition 2 (1099 CZK) - Edition 3 (999 CZK) - Edition 4 (4499 CZK)
HDN Group Buy: Live May 29 at a random time and closes June 6 - each edition limited to 100 copies.
E1 GB open HERE
E2 GB open HERE
E3 GB open HERE
E4 GB open HERE
E5 GB open HERE

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
steelbook.jpg interior.jpg
FilmArena have listened to feedback and have therefore updated the artwork - more info soon!
IMG_2161.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The other big hiccup with Fox's region code is The Revenant from Manta lab. That was region locked as well. What a pain in the bum. What's worst than having the movie delivered 5,000 miles away, it's the weekend, you made time with your family or loved ones, get the pop corn and snacks out, and you can big screen saying region code cannot be played lol. Managed to get a region free player so that doesn't happen again. But from Fox, awful to have it locked.

Reactions: schrute farms
The other big hiccup with Fox's region code is The Revenant from Manta lab. That was region locked as well. What a pain in the bum. What's worst than having the movie delivered 5,000 miles away, it's the weekend, you made time with your family or loved ones, get the pop corn and snacks out, and you can big screen saying region code cannot be played lol. Managed to get a region free player so that doesn't happen again. But from Fox, awful to have it locked.

Revenant ML is not from FOX. Its from a different authoring studio who did a completely different encode.

Revenant ML is not from FOX. Its from a different authoring studio who did a completely different encode.
Wiki states distributed by 20th Century Fox. How are we supposed to know it was this random distributor that covers HK on behalf of Fox?
I'm not really interested in the legality of this all.
I will now be wary of ordering a Fox title in Asia and in particularly Hong Kong.

Just to add - I did find a multi region player so no problems in future. But that isn't the point. How is average person supposed to know this all?

Wiki states distributed by 20th Century Fox. How are we supposed to know it was this random distributor that covers HK on behalf of Fox?
I'm not really interested in the legality of this all.
I will now be wary of ordering a Fox title in Asia and in particularly Hong Kong.

Just to add - I did find a multi region player so no problems in future. But that isn't the point. How is average person supposed to know this all?

Because it is safe to go with the worst case scenario.

I don't trust Wiki. The authoring has been done by a different studio for HK release of The Revenant.

I know this was a huge release from FAC and I respect that our GB ninjas are busy, but am I the only one not getting any message reply at all from Karel? My message weren't even read at all since May 29th. :dunno:

I know this was a huge release from FAC and I respect that our GB ninjas are busy, but am I the only one not getting any message reply at all from Karel? My message weren't even read at all since May 29th. :dunno:
what was the logan question you had?

what was the logan question you had?

It was more of a follow-up message after the pre-order than a question. I forgot to include my HDN user info into the Paypal instructions (ie. "Logan E5 UN/ Dan") as I was in a rush to pay for the item and also a request for combined shipping of 3 steelbooks that I have completed the payment except the shipping fee. I know Logan is not released yet, but I was just mainly looking for acknowledgement.

It was more of a follow-up message after the pre-order than a question. I forgot to include my HDN user info into the Paypal instructions (ie. "Logan E5 UN/ Dan") as I was in a rush to pay for the item and also a request for combined shipping of 3 steelbooks that I have completed the payment except the shipping fee. I know Logan is not released yet, but I was just mainly looking for acknowledgement.
you should be fine as long as its states "validated" in the group buy
upload_2017-6-17_0-36-13.png

You also sent the email to him right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
What's with the weird vertical lines?

Also you can still see the other hugh lol

Wait, the lenti is just the front and back images of the steelbook, but as a flip-flop magnet? o_O

Seems a bit pointless to me. I think I'd rather just look at the art on the glossy, embossed steelbook than on a depthless bit of lenti plastic...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jawcrc and Flloydo
Those vertical lines are usual on their magnets, I noticed it on Warcraft for example as well, there were horizontal though, coz the flip flop was from up to down.

Anyway, nothing surprising, I think it´s just their standard, but like @misformatt said, in this case of gorgeous steelbook it would be a heresy to cover it with this lenti....

Those vertical lines are usual on their magnets, I noticed it on Warcraft for example as well, there were horizontal though, coz the flip flop was from up to down.

Anyway, nothing surprising, I think it´s just their standard, but like @misformatt said, in this case of gorgeous steelbook it would be a heresy to cover it with this lenti....

I've never seen those lines on any of my FAC lenti magnets. First time I've ever seen them.

Agree, the steelbook is so nice it don't need to be covered up by the crappy lenti magnet

Not seen the movie yet REALLY need to as it Logan/wolverine and I'm a biggish MCU fan but the slips lenti's etc... look pretty poor on this release yes I have a problem with FA but I still am a fan of FA when they do what their good at. Steelbook as wea looks pretty good rest looks rubbish sorry but steel is only thing worth buying on this release and saying that I ordered the steel only as not in my number range thx FA again I would of bought the lot but you make it just below my number??? So again point of FA membership is??? Sorry not being to negative but this release deserved a lot better than what your going to get.

Not seen the movie yet REALLY need to as it Logan/wolverine and I'm a biggish MCU fan but the slips lenti's etc... look pretty poor on this release yes I have a problem with FA but I still am a fan of FA when they do what their good at. Steelbook as wea looks pretty good rest looks rubbish sorry but steel is only thing worth buying on this release and saying that I ordered the steel only as not in my number range thx FA again I would of bought the lot but you make it just below my number??? So again point of FA membership is??? Sorry not being to negative but this release deserved a lot better than what your going to get.
By all means buy the standalone Steelbook here but wait to see what Manta come up with too ;)