IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 16, 2017
Purchase links: Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click
Price: $45.99 (Double Lenti) - $43.99 (Full Slip) - $46.99 (Special Box) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box
Notes: 3000 numbered copies. SteelBook has full gloss and the title is debossed. Disc is locked to Region A.
Full Slip (400 copies): High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (700 copies): Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy +Spot Matte + Embossing
Special Box Set (700 copies): High Quality Kraft Paper Box with Magnet insert + Detachable 3D Lenticular Magnet + Spot Gloss + Spot Matte + Embossing + Full Gloss, Emboossed Quarter Slip
One Click (400 sets)

doublelenti.jpg fullslip.jpg specialbox.jpg
IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
Wow what a release!! The first thing that hits you is the weight and that's just when Mr Postman handed me the box, the overall quality once opened up though is other level good so much so this smokes the boxes HDZeta and Nova give us for their one clicks. Really hope Manta do more of these as I'd easily pass on one clicks just to get 1 edition like this

View attachment 332373

Literally my only negative is that you don't get the faux leather like Manta badge/sticker the other releases get, instead you just get a boring one similar to those that my 3 year old daughter gets with her magazines :p

They are considering more releases like this (possibly with the same style box but they do like to experiment so could be different) plus more exclusive print runs in the future etc

Although they were lucky to be allowed to use the IMAX art with the bigger films the studios have a bigger say in what is used whereas if they make editons for smaller films manta get a bigger say and more creative flare. Same for all retailers really but it changes depending on the studio for that film and the relationship between the retailer and studio

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Received my super duper deluxe special boxset today :p Mightily impressed! :drool::cigar: Thank my lucky stars everything is mint including the Steelbook too :angel::emb: (@harry :joy:). Awesome edition all round and another top quality innovative release from Manta :notworthy:

(My only minor quibble is that I'd have preferred the Lenti magnet to fill the entire front of the box opposed to leaving space for a border. Oh, and the region coding but that's a separate matter :rolleyes:;))

I had a complete mental blank, I thought the full slip art was the lenti art. Wasn't until last week I realised the lenti art was the A variant.
Anyway can't wait for my one click!

Maybe it's because I've never bought a one click box set or anything similar before, but I don't think I'd quite prepared myself for what the special box would actually be like... it's a very sturdy/high quality set and is the definition of a premium edition IMO. Really hope Manta do more of them in future!

A few complaints though, one of which has already been mentioned by a few people... the fact the lenticular magnet doesn't quite cover the entire front of the box -- very minor "issue" there though and is something I can easily live with, especially as the lent itself looks amazing!

The thing that's really starting to bug me though is the amount of Manta steels I have with scratches/chips... literally all of my Manta steels (Logan included) have some sort of defects on them, so am I just unlucky or do others notice the same problem?

That aside, I'm really impressed with this release... to be honest I found it to be very affordable for what it actually is -- I doubt many other retailers would produce something like this for such a decent price. Only downside is now having to spend extra money on buying a region B disc that I can actually watch.

But anyway... nice work Manta! :thumbs:

Maybe it's because I've never bought a one click box set or anything similar before, but I don't think I'd quite prepared myself for what the special box would actually be like... it's a very sturdy/high quality set and is the definition of a premium edition IMO. Really hope Manta do more of them in future!

A few complaints though, one of which has already been mentioned by a few people... the fact the lenticular magnet doesn't quite cover the entire front of the box -- very minor "issue" there though and is something I can easily live with, especially as the lent itself looks amazing!

The thing that's really starting to bug me though is the amount of Manta steels I have with scratches/chips... literally all of my Manta steels (Logan included) have some sort of defects on them, so am I just unlucky or do others notice the same problem?

That aside, I'm really impressed with this release... to be honest I found it to be very affordable for what it actually is -- I doubt many other retailers would produce something like this for such a decent price. Only downside is now having to spend extra money on buying a region B disc that I can actually watch.

@Noodles buy a panny!
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...region-free-for-bds.16109/page-3#post-1835488

Reactions: Noodles

Same here mate, never bought a one click before (I'm not counting EBs Shaun lol) so I wasn't expecting this effort. When I got handed the package I couldn't believe how heavy it was for the one editon, nearly dropped it lol

And yeah like yourself, mickle and others have mentioned the lenti is a small gripe in terms of size but I'm still happy like yourself. Maybe next time if they do this then it will cover the whole front. Suppose same could be said for some lenti magnets too. Especially the new nova age of ultron lenti magnet and although the lenti has incredible depth and clarity it could cover the whole front considering the image is completely different to the actual steel art. A bit like what they did with the hunger games collection steelbook. It covered the whole front because it was different art. Whereas I get the smaller ones like the Disney lenti magnets because they use the same art (not that they always match up with the picture)

Half of my manta purchases Have had issues with the steel or slip and they have been great to replace them and 9 times out of 10 it's much better condition. My revenant, deadpool and Constantine steels and slips were mint but the other exclusive steels have all had defects. My man of steel full slip had a dent but again they replaced it.
My Logan is not bad though, but it does have a chip but I might leave it

It is a shame about the discs, I've mentioned it to them and apparently this time was changed without them knowing but I've asked that this don't happen again and maybe others could pass that feedback on too (I'm sure some have) and yes I agree compared to their other Logan editons this was very affordable considering the amount of extras you get aswel as a very heavy and sturdy box with magnetic clips

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and oks
Maybe not the *"Seven Ages of Man" but three at least (lol) . . .

DJGPV5dUMAI_EQ0.jpg:large

*seven ages of man (Shakespeare . . . "As You Like It" . . . 1623:-
  1. The infant, mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
  2. The whining school-boy, with his satchel and shining morning face, creeping like a snail unwillingly to school.
  3. The lover, sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad made to his mistress' eyebrow.
  4. The soldier, full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel, seeking the bubble reputation even in the cannon's mouth.
    (Pard refers to the leopard; the soldier's beard is being compared to a leopard's whiskers.)
  5. The justice, in fair round belly with good capon lin'd, with eyes severe and beard of formal cut, full of wise saws and modern instances.
    (A capon is a fattened chicken prepared as a delicacy, and lin'd here means more like "stuffed." Proverbially, a capon refers to a bribe. Wise saws refers to old sayings, and modern instances are trite sayings.)
  6. The lean and slipper'd pantaloon, with spectacles on nose and pouch on side, his youthful hose, well sav'd, a world too wide for his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice, turning again toward childish treble, pipes and whistles in his sound.
    (A pantaloon is a foolish old man.)
  7. Last scene of all, that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness and mere oblivion; sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
    (Here, mere means "complete." Second childishness and mere oblivion is a fancy way of saying "old age and death.")

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Mickle_89