IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 16, 2017
Purchase links: Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click
Price: $45.99 (Double Lenti) - $43.99 (Full Slip) - $46.99 (Special Box) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box
Notes: 3000 numbered copies. SteelBook has full gloss and the title is debossed. Disc is locked to Region A.
Full Slip (400 copies): High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (700 copies): Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy +Spot Matte + Embossing
Special Box Set (700 copies): High Quality Kraft Paper Box with Magnet insert + Detachable 3D Lenticular Magnet + Spot Gloss + Spot Matte + Embossing + Full Gloss, Emboossed Quarter Slip
One Click (400 sets)

doublelenti.jpg fullslip.jpg specialbox.jpg
IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
We have received a customs fee also for the same cost. From Royal mail? As that is who ours is from. Presuming from the threads that it is Logan also. Not had to pay any customs fee so far from any others. Disappointing isn't it
Same here. Royal Mail £11 customs charge. Even more galling as I wouldn't have bought in the first place it if I'd known about the region lock. Balls.

Just received a £11 customs fee card for this, anyone else in UK have to pay? :dunno:
Sorry to hear that mate (n) What did you order?

My Special Box was marked at $19 Merchandise by default. I didn't contact ML beforehand asking to alter it. I think the threshold for imported goods in UK is £15 so $19 is slightly under that but still a little risky given fluctuation. Saying that, I've had packages still sent at $20 and got through fine but typically it's best practice to do as @Flloydo says to try and avoid being hit with charges.

• Thanks
Reactions: Shakey and Flloydo
Sorry to hear that mate (n) What did you order?

My Special Box was marked at $19 Merchandise by default. I didn't contact ML beforehand asking to alter it. I think the threshold for imported goods in UK is £15 so $19 is slightly under that but still a little risky given fluctuation. Saying that, I've had packages still sent at $20 and got through fine but typically it's best practice to do as @Flloydo says to try and avoid being hit with charges.

I've had a few come through at $20 but luckily got through fine. That might of been a manta and they must of forgotten about my request. Nova actually write notes on your order which you can view so it reminds them when shipping. Same with kimchi but you can mod it yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickle_89
Why is the 1/4 slip opened at the bottom? The steelbook can slide right through the bottom unless you carefully hold it at the bottom. I like to slide the steelbook into a 1/4 slip and be able to hold it with two fingers without worrying about the steelbook sliding through the bottom. Very disappointed in this. Manta Lab, you failed here.:(

John said they'll send a replacement case with Covenant! :)
have to say, the Manta customer service and interaction is second to none - I'd much prefer purchasing from them than another when/where possible (helps that the quality of releases are excellent too - only own 3 but all are perfect)

Got my double lenti copy today, not great lenti on the front but the back one is great.

Just received a £11 customs fee card for this, anyone else in UK have to pay? :dunno:

And this was my first time hit with customs charges :( The guy at the post office reckoned marking parcels @$20 will now likely pick up charges :(
Must remember to ask to have them marked lower.

Reactions: DudleyMan
Received my Manta special box today and it's amazing. Only complaint is that the lenticular is a bit scratchy and dirty - anyone else have this? I know it's hard to find a pristine lenticular but mine is particularly bad. Anyone know the best way of trying to clean them (especially small bits of glue residue)? Sorry if this has already been covered off a thousand times!

Received my Manta special box today and it's amazing. Only complaint is that the lenticular is a bit scratchy and dirty - anyone else have this? I know it's hard to find a pristine lenticular but mine is particularly bad. Anyone know the best way of trying to clean them (especially small bits of glue residue)? Sorry if this has already been covered off a thousand times!
I had that same issue with my lenti magnet for Star Trek beyond, I tried goo gone really gently and washed it off it worked pretty good. Like I said it was a magnet though, not a slip.

Reactions: dandydownham
Finally got around to cracking open my full slip last night. It's a solid effort, but it does seem slightly underwhelming compared to some of Manta's earlier full slips. The characters are nicely spot-glossed, but that's the only treatment on the slip. Manta's previous full slips have just been impeccable, and this doesn't quite have that extra bit of effort that made Walter Mitty and the like such knockouts.
5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

The steelbook itself is also a good (not great, imo) effort. I don't think it was ever going to top the FAC steel for me, as the colors used on that edition are just gorgeous. Manta's steel does look much better in hand than in pics, though. Such a dark image tends to wash out a bit under all that gloss in photos, but it certainly looks nice in the flesh. I had a couple of small chips and a little micro-dent on my steel. Luckily, I was able to buff out the dent and touch up the two chips easily enough. :thumbs:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Perhaps most importantly: I've finally broken free from the curse of misaligned 'bossing that's plagued me recently. Couldn't be happier this time around. :LOL:
9.jpg 10.jpg

OK, got mine today, pretty nice heavy package, but also little disappointment. At first, got a little damaged box. Such a hard edge box they send it in, lot of bubblewrap around and still got damaged, you really can´t be 100% safe with those bloody postmans. Also the surface underneath the lenti magnet has lot of roughness. Lenti itself has great depth, but I expected a little bit more movement and sharpness tbh. That´s what happen when you get spoiled by flawless lentis like Kimchi´s Doctor Strange for example :whistle:. But ok, in overall lenti is great, not flawless, but great :p. The stuff inside I skipped for now and went immediatelly to a steelbook which I was looking to most. By looking at foil I was already like :wow::confused: how many scratches it had. Most of it stayed on foil, but few got through to a steelbook. One caused a little paint chip and the rest are just a tiny surface scratches hard to catch on camera, but still :rolleyes: one get the idea how those steelbooks are treated at production/assemble line. Really disappointed by quality control out there. Take a FA for example, my Logan steel is totally mint, beautiful clean surface all around. Also, not sure about aligning a debossing on my steel, It´s not so bad, but still pretty noticable. But I feel so bad to bother Manta CS with both the box and steel :emb:. Will probably leave the steelbook as it is. Im not high OCD level so I think I can live with that. All in all, nice steelbook in hand, but I must say FA is the winner here. Lovely colors, more beautiful perfectly align ´bossing, better inner artwork, and last, but not least totally clean surface hence feels more premium and professional.

Yeah and 1/4 slip is made too big :rolleyes: amateurish....

DSC_0572.jpg DSC_0574.jpg DSC_0589.jpg DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg