London Film & Comic Con - July 29 to July 31, 2016

Asopp

Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2013
Finland
logo.jpg

Web Site: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-film-comic-con-summer-tickets-18935142521

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialshowmasters

Twitter: https://twitter.com/showmasters

Showmasters London Film & Comic Con will be taking over the whole of the Olympia in London in July. Taking place on Thursday 28th, Friday 29th, Saturday 30th and Sunday the 31st of July 2016, London Film & Comic Con promises to bring you some of your favourite stars from TV, Film and Comics as well as a whole host of fun activities including photo shoots, panels, autograph sessions and hundreds of stalls full of TV and Film memorabilia to browse.

Show opening times:
- Thursday 4pm - 8pm
- Friday 9am to 6pm
- Saturday 9am to 6pm
- Sunday 9am to 6pm

Venue Address:
Olympia
Hammersmith Road
London
W14 8UX

2015 LFCC thread: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/london-film-comiccon-july-17-19-2015.58275/

• Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
I visited London in 2015 for the first time and loved it, but would really consider going again for the Con in July 2016. Looking forward to further star announcements, but Jack Gleeson is a real good start. Not too excited about Henwick and Jones as they also were at the Vienna Comic Con some weeks ago.

I'm thinking about visiting the LFCC Spring more or less because of Nick Frost, I'd LOVE to take a photo with him (and get some stuff signed). But I've never been there, so I got some questions... maybe someone (@HUBMUSWELL ? :D) can help me out...

If I order my tickets (entry, photoshoot, autograph), how do I get them? Do they send it to my home (living in Vienna) or do I just get e-mail confirmations? And IF I buy a ticket for Nick Frost, it's 100% sure that I'll get what I paid for? Because I don't want to end up waiting for a chance for photos and autographs and miss out. Of course I know there can always happen something and Frost may not show up, but that's a risk you have to take I guess...

What's the procedure (photoshoots, autographs - not used to queuing systems) once I'm @ LFCC?

I've just booked weekend tickets for this and the spring event. I don't want the chaos I had last year. I'm now looking forward to getting my Hellboy, Shawn of the dead and Hot Fuzz Steelbooks signed. I'm hoping Simon Pegg will attend the Star Trek convention in October to add.

I'm thinking about visiting the LFCC Spring more or less because of Nick Frost, I'd LOVE to take a photo with him (and get some stuff signed). But I've never been there, so I got some questions... maybe someone (@HUBMUSWELL ? :D) can help me out...

If I order my tickets (entry, photoshoot, autograph), how do I get them? Do they send it to my home (living in Vienna) or do I just get e-mail confirmations? And IF I buy a ticket for Nick Frost, it's 100% sure that I'll get what I paid for? Because I don't want to end up waiting for a chance for photos and autographs and miss out. Of course I know there can always happen something and Frost may not show up, but that's a risk you have to take I guess...

What's the procedure (photoshoots, autographs - not used to queuing systems) once I'm @ LFCC?

I've been a few times the last few years, but I've never booked a photo season. In the past, when you book you get an email confirmation with an attached PDF. Just print that out before you go and the bar code on that gets scanned on the way in. Nice quick entry.
If you want any autographs, especially of anyone popular, get the early ticket and NOT the after 11am entry ticket. The autographs works on a virtual queuing system. What that means is you go to each of the signing desks of the actors as soon as you get in and at each desk a member of staff will give you a numbered ticket for each. To keep the queues down to about 20 at a time, they only let people join a queue if you have a correct numbered ticket in the range they're asking for. For example, if you have ticket number 130, the member of staff will only let people with ticket numbers 1-30 to join at the start. If your outside that range, they tell you to go away. After a time, they will extend that from 1-50 and then 1-100 and then 1-150 and so on throughout the day. The speed of the queue depends on how quick the actor signs and if they have any talks, photo seasons, etc., to go to as well. So it's always best to go straight in, walk straight past the trade stands, etc. and get the lowest ticket number possible. If you get there late, you'll get a high ticket number and they may not even get to that number range on the day. This also means once you've got your numbered tickets, you can go off and do other things and come back later in the day for your autographs, joining a short queue. This system works very well. I usually aim to arrive at least an hour before the doors open, to get early enough to get low ticket numbers. Even an hour before, you find there will be a decent size queue forming. So arrive as early as you can.

The spring event will be less busy and if you're planning on attending both events, then you can use the spring event as a trial run and get an idea of how it works and thus be better prepared for the summer event. The summer event tends to more busy and have the bigger actors. Anymore questions, then just ask.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Back to the Matrix
I've been a few times the last few years, but I've never booked a photo season. In the past, when you book you get an email confirmation with an attached PDF. Just print that out before you go and the bar code on that gets scanned on the way in. Nice quick entry.
If you want any autographs, especially of anyone popular, get the early ticket and NOT the after 11am entry ticket. The autographs works on a virtual queuing system. What that means is you go to each of the signing desks of the actors as soon as you get in and at each desk a member of staff will give you a numbered ticket for each. To keep the queues down to about 20 at a time, they only let people join a queue if you have a correct numbered ticket in the range they're asking for. For example, if you have ticket number 130, the member of staff will only let people with ticket numbers 1-30 to join at the start. If your outside that range, they tell you to go away. After a time, they will extend that from 1-50 and then 1-100 and then 1-150 and so on throughout the day. The speed of the queue depends on how quick the actor signs and if they have any talks, photo seasons, etc., to go to as well. So it's always best to go straight in, walk straight past the trade stands, etc. and get the lowest ticket number possible. If you get there late, you'll get a high ticket number and they may not even get to that number range on the day. This also means once you've got your numbered tickets, you can go off and do other things and come back later in the day for your autographs, joining a short queue. This system works very well. I usually aim to arrive at least an hour before the doors open, to get early enough to get low ticket numbers. Even an hour before, you find there will be a decent size queue forming. So arrive as early as you can.

The spring event will be less busy and if you're planning on attending both events, then you can use the spring event as a trial run and get an idea of how it works and thus be better prepared for the summer event. The summer event tends to more busy and have the bigger actors. Anymore questions, then just ask.

Thank you very much, @Lester ! Now that's what I call information. :D

I read something about batches (for the photograph session) and it seemed like this is something you get when you book it. Does that play any role?
And... for me Nick Frost would be the reason to visit, but he'll only attend on saturday. So if I have booked a ticket, is it possible that I miss out because they gave away too much? Really don't want that to happen...

Also I see the photo session prices and booking area online, but is there one for autographs as well? Or are these handled there (can't imagine that)?

Reactions: Lester
Thank you very much, @Lester ! Now that's what I call information. :D

I read something about batches (for the photograph session) and it seemed like this is something you get when you book it. Does that play any role?
And... for me Nick Frost would be the reason to visit, but he'll only attend on saturday. So if I have booked a ticket, is it possible that I miss out because they gave away too much? Really don't want that to happen...

Also I see the photo session prices and booking area online, but is there one for autographs as well? Or are these handled there (can't imagine that)?

No problem. The way it works, is the guests turn up around 9:30ish each day and during the day they will have pre-booked talks and photo session's. When they're not doing those, they're signing autographs. The talks and photo session's are best to book up online before to guarantee a spot. Depending on who they are, will depend if they sell out before. I think you can book your ticket and then after book a talk or photo, as they announce more guests, but you have to quote your ticket booking number or something (don't quote me on that and more information might be on the website). The autographs you pay for on the day when you queue up, just before seeing the guest. Included in the price is a photo of the guest you pick from a selection or you bring something for them to sign. If you bring something, still pick up a photo, as the price don't change and you've paid for the photo. Because they could be disappearing for a talk or photo sesson, that is another reason for the virtual queuing system. The staff know when they're disappearing and can control the queue. I think you maybe able to book a talk or photo session on the day, providing it hasn't already sold out online. If someone you think will be popular and you really want it, then book online before and this will also save a long queue when you get in, only to then find out its sold out. As I said, if you're planning on attending both times, then use the spring event as a trial run to a feel of how it works. When done correctly, using the simple rules I said, then it can be enjoyable with not a lot of queueing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Back to the Matrix
With this happening next weekend, is anyone going and want to meet up? Now Ron Perlman has cancelled, I'm now not to bothered about going, but if people want to meet up, then I'll make the effort. I was only going to get my Hellboy Steelbooks signed by Ron. :dunno: