Lone Survivor - In theaters January 10th, 2014

jcm

Premium Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
From IMDB:
Based on the failed mission "Operation Red Wings" which tasked four members of SEAL Team 10 on June 28, 2005 to kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shah. They were quickly compromised and under attack, Marcus Luttrell being the only member to survive and evade capture.
With: Mark Wahlberg, Eric Bana, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch

Trailer:

Attachments

• Lone-Survivor-Cover.jpg
    Lone-Survivor-Cover.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for this trailer for soooo long! Pretty much since the project was announced on imdb. I hope Peter Berg knocks this one out of the park with this movie. The cast certainly is there for it.

Reactions: ash333
Lone Surviror - In theaters January 10, 2014

From IMDB:
Based on the failed June 28, 2005 mission "Operation Red Wings." Four members of SEAL Team 10, were tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader, Ahmad Shahd. Marcus Luttrell was the only member of his team to survive.
With: Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and more...

Trailer:

Attachments

• LONE-SURVIVOR-TRAILER-570.jpg
    LONE-SURVIVOR-TRAILER-570.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched this and wow, it is one of the best war movies I have ever seen. It is on par with Black Hawk Down which is a very difficult bar to reach.

Let's hope it lives up to your billing (BHD territory, really?! wow), Im going to go watch this when it comes out here. Been looking forward to this for some time now. Peter Berg hasn't made a really awesome movie IMO since The Kingdom.

Let's hope it lives up to your billing (BHD territory, really?! wow), Im going to go watch this when it comes out here. Been looking forward to this for some time now. Peter Berg hasn't made a really awesome movie IMO since The Kingdom.

It's a movie that both military personel and civilians can appreciate, much like BHD. What I though was good is that it is not cheesy, has lots of suspense and action, and shows the personal dynamic of the military.

I'm interested to see what you guys think

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Bourne
It's a movie that both military personel and civilians can appreciate, much like BHD. What I though was good is that it is not cheesy, has lots of suspense and action, and shows the personal dynamic of the military.

I'm interested to see what you guys think

Thats good to hear. Will definitely share my thoughts once I have seen it. BHD is definitely one of my absolute favourite war movies of all time for sure.

If your a military/war movie fan of any kind like I am then you MUST watch the HBO mini-series (I think its 6 hours or so total) called "Generation Kill". Its often over-looked by many and is brilliantly done. Pretty cheap on BR too, around $20 on sale often.

Thats good to hear. Will definitely share my thoughts once I have seen it. BHD is definitely one of my absolute favourite war movies of all time for sure.

If your a military/war movie fan of any kind like I am then you MUST watch the HBO mini-series (I think its 6 hours or so total) called "Generation Kill". Its often over-looked by many and is brilliantly done. Pretty cheap on BR too, around $20 on sale often.

EPIC mini:scat:
best character Captain America :hilarious:

Reactions: Jason Bourne