Looking for Over the Ear Headphones

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Can be wired or wireless. They don't have to be noise cancelling and I'm looking in the $150-$220 range. They will be primarily for blu ray watching, gaming, and some music (mostly movies and gaming though). I have been looking at these models and was curious if anyone has some information on them or other comparative models. Thanks.

Audio Technica ATH-M50 -- LINK

BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO -- LINK

Sennheiser HD 598 -- LINK

Can be wired or wireless. They don't have to be noise cancelling and I'm looking in the $150-$220 range. They will be primarily for blu ray watching, gaming, and some music (mostly movies and gaming though). I have been looking at these models and was curious if anyone has some information on them or other comparative models. Thanks.

Audio Technica ATH-M50 -- LINK

BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO -- LINK

Sennheiser HD 598 -- LINK

Get the Sennheiser HD 598, I have a pair and they sound awesome. They are also very sturdy or strong. It feels like a pillow on your ear too, you hardly feel them. It's all personal preference really. I will say this though, if your wanting to game multiplayer and use a mike then I would get a pair of Astro A50's for your gaming and the Sennheiser HD 598 for everything else. That's what I do.

I've heard the BeyerDynamics and I like the fidelity of the Sennheiser HD 598 way more. I haven't heard the Audio Technica's though so I'm not sure about them. Sennheiser HD 598 :scat:

Reactions: darczap
Thanks guys. I was originally leaning towards the Senn HD 598 but I started to look at some of the other models. The thing I like about the Beyer's is that you can swap out parts if things break. I'm not sure if the Senns are flexible like that. I also read that the cushion on the top part of the head set falls apart on the Senn HD 598. I'm not sure how true that is. The Audio Technica ATH M50 got really good reviews for the price point. I'm still leaning towards the Senn HD 598's. I really don't like the color all that much though. I guess I could live with it. As far as gaming goes, I wouldn't utilize the mic feature so one mic-less pair is good enough for me. These will be used first and foremost for blu ray watching, so I want a set that delivers good fidelity, that blocks a lot of ambient noise, while not emitting a ton of noise for them headset either.

Just ordered the Sennheisers through a third party store, but fulfilled by amazon. They had a lower price than amazon, plus they didn't charge me sales tax :LOL:

Total cost was $210 shipped. Can't wait to get them!

Reactions: Lone Crusader