Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
Released December 16th

Shout Factory

Amazon

LoI.jpg
From Clive Barkers Facebook page...

"The other movie of mine that Shout is preparing a definitive new edition of (I've just seen the art-work for the DVD. It's superb ) is indeed LORD OF ILLUSIONS, as many of you have already guessed. The edition will have both cuts of the film, interviews, analysis, a profile of D'Amour traced through all his literary and cinematic journeys and Nix knows what else... It's going to be a whole new vision of D'Amour's world, all the way up to, and including, THE SCARLET GOSPELS.
My love to you all, Clive Barker"

DISC ONE: Theatrical Cut of the film
DISC TWO: All NEW High Definition transfer of Clive Barker’s Director’s Cut of the film
- Commentary by Director Clive Barker
- “A Gathering of Magic” Featurette - Original Behind the Scenes Footage
- Unseen Rare Behind the Scenes Footage “Illusion of Reality” - Vintage interviews and UNSEEN On-Set Footage provide a fascinating look into the making of the film
- Deleted Scenes with Clive Barker commentary
- NEW Interview with Storyboard Artist Martin Mercer
– Photo Gallery

EDITS:
8.26.14 Artwork added

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching this live on MGMHD channel right now! I just happened across it.

I have no clue if this is the version that SHOUT! has been working on or not, but I'm amazed at the picture quality compared to the DVD that I have!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

False alarm!

After doing some searching, it seems that MGMHD has been showing this a couple times a year since 2011, and it's not the director's cut. Still, it's a !@#! nice improvement over the DVD.

Last edited:
They've got their work cut out though if they're going to release both the theatrical and directors cut in HD. I don't mind the delay too much as long as it's done right :D

Reactions: Hooch
Extras revealed -

DISC ONE: Theatrical Cut of the film
DISC TWO: All NEW High Definition transfer of Clive Barker’s Director’s Cut of the film
- Commentary by Director Clive Barker
- “A Gathering of Magic” Featurette - Original Behind the Scenes Footage
- Unseen Rare Behind the Scenes Footage “Illusion of Reality” - Vintage interviews and UNSEEN On-Set Footage provide a fascinating look into the making of the film
- Deleted Scenes with Clive Barker commentary
- NEW Interview with Storyboard Artist Martin Mercer
– Photo Gallery

• Informative
Reactions: Hooch and vläd
I have only seen the theatrical version.... on network television (USA, and Sci-Fi Channel). I am very much looking forward to seeing this director's cut. It would be wonderful if the image quality is as good as the Nightbreed release.

Got this for Xmas... now to find the time to watch it. Only seen it the once and don't remember much about it