• Yes

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Maybe. Depends art.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly don't know why everybody hates this film. I thought the special effects were great, the storyline was intriguing, and the characters likeable. I loved it so much I saw it three times in the cinema!

I must be missing something here, as I clearly don't understand what's not to like about this film. Would somebody please fill me in on why it's loathed so much?

it was one of those movies i had really high hopes for. like Van Helsing.

then i saw it. and was disturbed that i had lost those precious hours of my life.

that said...this is a prime candidate to be rebooted, and it should be. but as for the steel? i wouldn't buy it in an amray case.

It's a shame ... No candidate for an opinion? Everyone likes to criticize the opinions of others, however, can not explain why. Some even prefer the show prehistoric. No, it was Jurassic Park.

You can't criticise a movie or TV show because of it's age, everyone & everything is a product of it's time, would you write off "The Twilight Zone" because it was made in the 60's in B/W ?
The early episodes of season one have some excellent writing & acting, unfortunately this wasn't maintained once the studio realised that the Doctor Smith / Will Robinson / Robot dynamic was proving popular with the audience so the stories mainly revolved around these characters and became camper than a row of tents ! an all time low being reached with the episode "The great vegetable rebellion". The writing picked up in season 3 but never reached the quality of the early B/W episodes.
The movie follows this same path, starts of well but after the derelict sequence it becomes pantomine space opera and the script spirals into more & more ludicrous set pieces (flying through the planet as it breaks up :hilarious:)
As a modeller I found the Jupiter 2 design was very poorly executed. It lacked any symmetry and resembled a cow pat and the crash sequence whilst being miniature work rather than CGI lacked scale. The same sequence in the original series whilst limited in scope seemed more "real".
It's a shame as the concept holds a lot of promise but like similar 60's series big screen reboots (Avengers, Bewitched, Wild, Wild West and it look's like the new Lone Ranger) it fell way short in its execution.

That's my 10 pence for what its worth.

Well at least the reviews are being made. Some in favor, some cons. But look on the other side: it is a fiction production. Based on old version. However, it is important to give your opinions.This is the purpose of a forum.

Too many people wanted and expected it to have been more like the cheesy 60's TV show, but were disappointed because they looked back with rose-tinted glasses. As a modern reboot, I think it worked very well, and they should have made the other films that they had originally planned.

I remember going to see this, Godzilla, and The Avengers (John Steel & Emma Peel) in the cinema at the same time, and being disappointed only by The Avengers

I find it very cool when producers work ideas from movies or sitcoms past and bring a new version today.
We saw that in several instances, however, with results not always pleased the crowd. Godzilla, Speed ​​Racer, Conan, Total Recall, Clash of the Titans, Planet of the Apes, Lost in space, Yoggi Bear, among many others. All were targets of criticism. However, watch an updated version of a film that marked his childhood, his creation, is very cool. So I believe that we should encourage the special editions of these films as epoch.
When criticism is constructive, accompanied by suggestions that could be evaluated by other people, it should be welcomed.
Now: say it is "horrible" or "junk" hurts the taste or the opinions of others.
And belief is equal to "butt": each has its. So we should respect the opinions of others.
Just vote negative. Just do not vote positive. Never criticize, decreasing the taste of others. Say: "I did not like" or "could have been better" and comment on your criticism. Constructive.
And we're not talking about a movie "Spectacular". We're not talking about Casablanca, Ben-Hur, The Bridge on the River Kwai.
The movie we're talking about is "lost in space", which I value score of 4, from 10.
But it's my opinion. I've seen worse movies in Steelbook.
Really, there is a spectacular film.
And who said that only exists in Steelbook editions spectacular?

Last edited:
Totally agree with you regarding people's personal opinions, I may not rate this movie but i'd never decry anyone else's love of it, there are going to be plenty of movies I like that others will hate, it's a two way street.
Interestingly you obviously like this film more than I do but you only give it 4 out of 10 which is about where I would place it, strange old world isn't it.

You've got to admit, the first five minutes of the film are absolutely awesome! Just a shame that the rest of the film isn't as impressive