kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
From IMDB
Release Date: April 10, 2015 (Limited)
Directed & Written by: Ryan Gosling
Starring: Iain De Caestecker (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Saoirse Ronan (Hanna), Christina Hendricks (Drive), Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Eva Mendes (The Place Beyond the Pines), and Ben Mendelsohn (The Place Beyond the Pines).

Reactions: William
@William Looks like it will be in theaters April 24 in the UK, fyi

It looks really cool! Gosling seems like he could be a promising director as well as a fine actor.
Didn't this used to be called "How to Catch a Monster" or something like that? Wonder why they changed the title?

@kaw You're right, that was the working title. I have no idea why they changed it, I quite like it! Thanks for the info btw!!!! I have been looking for a decent trailer for this for some time! It's had a mixed reception, but like Only God Forgives and so many others, I reckon it will be a brilliant film, full of style and substance that the critics will for some reason hate!! :rofl:
I agree that Gosling is definitely a director to watch out for, I have a feeling he will go bog of he sticks to films he has a passion for!!!

Been intrigued by this one for a while, and the new trailer definitely has me sold! I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but it was the same case with Only God Forgives, which I ended up loving. Can't wait to see Gosling's directional debut. :D

Been intrigued by this one for a while, and the new trailer definitely has me sold! I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but it was the same case with Only God Forgives, which I ended up loving. Can't wait to see Gosling's directional debut. :D
You can tell he's had inspiration from Winding Refn, Korine and Lynch. The script may be awful but the look of the movie itself is convincing enough for me to watch it.

@William Looks like it will be in theaters April 24 in the UK, fyi

It looks really cool! Gosling seems like he could be a promising director as well as a fine actor.
Didn't this used to be called "How to Catch a Monster" or something like that? Wonder why they changed the title?
I heard something that the title was "misleading" because the generic "Lost River" is so much better lol

You can tell he's had inspiration from Winding Refn, Korine and Lynch. The script may be awful but the look of the movie itself is convincing enough for me to watch it.
Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Refn and Lynch vibe from it (haven't seen Korine's work so can't comment), as well as maybe a bit of Malick.

Last I heard this was supposed to be going straight to DVD, so I'm glad to see it's finally getting a cinema release! Hopefully it does fairly well.

• Helpful Post
Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Refn and Lynch vibe from it (haven't seen Korine's work so can't comment), as well as maybe a bit of Malick.

Last I heard this was supposed to be going straight to DVD, so I'm glad to see it's finally getting a cinema release! Hopefully it does fairly well.
Ya I heard limited theatre release with home media release being a month or two after.

• Helpful Post
Awesome Mondo poster for Lost River by artist Jay Shaw:
mondo_lostRiver.jpg

Reactions: William and Drum18
Just saw this.......
AMAZING.

That is all I can say!
It is such a shame that this will go down in history as being universally panned (n)

All I can seem to find is a standard DVD version form Britain for this, does anyone know of a better edition done by elsewhere??
Thanks!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles