Luther: Series 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: April 25, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on February 27, at 6 PM - UK time)
Price: £14.99

11251926-4674368706879953.jpg

11251926-1684368706898100.jpg
11251926-3444368706914753.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool, though I believe these are not Region A friendly. So not ideal. And I'd agree with above, would like some commitment to the rest of the series

So glad I'm not a fan of this or peaky blinders.
Zavvi seem to be releasing a lot of series steels recentley.
I'm interested in daredevil if they do it but I hope they don't over do the series Steelbook thing.

I suppose it matters if they carry on with the rest of the seasons when it comes to TV steels

Art is kinda bad on both too

So glad I'm not a fan of this or peaky blinders.
Zavvi seem to be releasing a lot of series steels recentley.
I'm interested in daredevil if they do it but I hope they don't over do the series Steelbook thing.

I suppose it matters if they carry on with the rest of the seasons when it comes to TV steels

Art is kinda bad on both too

DONT LIKE LUTHER :ohno: .

Reactions: harry
DONT LIKE LUTHER :ohno: .

I've never sat down to actually watch it properly (just in bits and pieces)
just can't be bothered with it. I have a thing about British dramas (but I'm told this is okay but looses it in places)
There is something so bad and cheesey with our dramas at times.
This might not be one of them but we have too many cr*ppy series compared to US

One of the worst I've ever seen is Sherlock and people go mad for it. Especially on here. Benedict is sooo bad as Sherlock and the series is so cheesey it makes me cringe but I've only seen bits here and there. One day I might attempt it from the start

I prefer our comedies

Reactions: kenny222
Brilliant TV Drama Series

100% Purchase
I will most likely pre order depending on the price or wait for a price drop either way I'm getting this

Reactions: harry
just can't be bothered with it. I have a thing about British dramas (but I'm told this is okay but looses it in places)

One of the worst I've ever seen is Sherlock and people go mad for it. Especially on here. Benedict is sooo bad as Sherlock and the series is so cheesey it makes me cringe but I've only seen bits here and there. One day I might attempt it from the start

I prefer our comedies

We have some pretty good dramas but you're right, there is a lot of crap to get through to find them. The two episodes of Luther on over Christmas were garbage but the first three seasons were solid. Not a fan of Peaky Blinders.

Reactions: Flloydo

I prefer our comedies

I WAS the same only saw Series 1 episode 5 about 20 minates from the end. Then missed out untill series 3 . I work Tuesday's 6 till 9 or 10 pm . It left me GOBSMACKED . Like the eding of The Desolation Of Smaug . I got the box set .

Even the Hubby . Eerr we watching a Luther today over the Christmas break.

It's more like a gritty European countries series rarther than English . Try it NOTHING like Sherlock .

Got to be good for me to A Double Dip and B order from Zavvi .

Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
We have some pretty good dramas but you're right, there is a lot of crap to get through to find them. The two episodes of Luther on over Christmas were garbage but the first three seasons were solid. Not a fan of Peaky Blinders.

I mignt give it a go

We had/ have a few good ones but not many (IMO) last decent one I watched although was only a 4 part series was southcliffe and Sean Harris was absolutely incredible in it. Had a lad from thrones in it too and M'S sidekick from bond.
The last episode was rubbish though and they left it open back in 2013 and never went back.

I WAS the same only saw Series 1 episode 5 about 20 minates from the end. Then missed out untill series 3 . I work Tuesday's 6 till 9 or 10 pm . It left me GOBSMACKED . Like the eding of The Desolation Of Smaug . I got the box set .

Even the Hubby . Eerr we watching a Luther today over the Christmas break.

It's more like a gritty European countries series rarther than English . Try it NOTHING like Sherlock .

Got to be good for me to A Double Dip and B order from Zavvi .

My mum said the same to me a while back that it's like a gritty non English series

I probably will give it a go at some point. The art looks so bad though

@Flloydo

When you see it the art WILL fall into place . Amost pulled a Sickie for Series 4 .

Yhea Southcliff was i thought it was me feeling like that with the ending .

One of the best I LOVED Messiah .

I just don't like the front art and the colouring. Don't think the series will change that for me