tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: June 3, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

5070EDD2-F36F-4ECE-96CE-6F784F89389D.jpeg

898CDDA4-FF58-4102-B66A-C36B82130EAD.jpeg C7EFE2B7-A2B4-419B-BAD7-A79CEDAD5792.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why a new SteelBook for Mad Max: Fury Road reason is Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga is in Cinemas on May 24.

Warner and other labels often do re-releases of back catalogue when they have a new film in a franchise getting a cinema release.
It's been happening for decades.
I think everyone's fully aware of that trend, but the general consensus is... Is it really needed?

I think everyone's fully aware of that trend, but the general consensus is... Is it really needed?
Exactly. Okay, some people may not have a copy of Fury Road on Steelbook, maybe...but this is really a manipulative, greedy marketing tactic to pull in the whales who "absolutely have to catch them all" (excuse the Pokémon quote, it seems apt) empty their bank accounts again and again, when essentially you buying the exact same thing.
Lets have some fresh meat on the shelves please. :LOL:
Can we have a decent release of some other movies now.

Reactions: Punker76
2024: Collectors realize that the steelbook market is dominated by marketing strategies

We need a meme for this
Honestly why make a comment like that. Its like giving everyone who aren't years and years into collecting the big finger from your lofty collecting roof. :LOL: oh, well.
I started collecting in 2023. So yep, I guess I am new to this. Sorry for being a novice.

Why the heck are we getting this again?

Won't there be another "complete" collection with the next film on retail release.
Why buy this, or why buy any of the others if there's likely to be another set at the end of this year.
It's like Avatar and The Monsterverse. Ongoing franchise's and individual releases. They always have differences in art and are never matching.
Honestly why make a comment like that. There may be collectors who are looking forward to it. Who like the artwork better. Haven't been able to buy another one yet.

Wow, really!
Sorry GIF by Alayna Joy

On the other hand you don't have to complain, or be buying everything a tenth time, and feel guilty. :D
Yep, basically gives me the option of not giving a feck. One is enough thanks.
By collecting, I mean Steelbook collecting. My standard collection could just about fill up Jeff Bezos' fourteenth home, tenth bedroom, foot spa.
(Massive)

The artwork is not uninteresting. However, the artwork would be nicer without the credits on the back and if the title lettering had slipped a little lower. This is one of those Steelbooks where the finish will make a big difference. Which finish? How good are the metallic effects and will there be embossing or debossing?