Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a feeling this was going to happen soon and agree with all the above, not a bad price, not bad art but too much lettering

Hope it's gloss too

Is the chrome also a extended cut? Because it mentions it including the colour 'theatrical cut' or is it because the 'chrome' version is not the theatrical cut.

I'm guessing the latter but would be cool if it's cut different or has new scenes also

Easy pass for me on this. This is bringing the cash cow to a whole new level.

Director: 'Oh I'll pretend my vision for this film was to be in black and white and I'll re-release it again for the lucrative Christmas market and call it the 'Black and Chrome edition'. And many shall come and fork out again for the same movie '!!!!

I'll turn down the colour on my TV next time I watch it and save me the expense! :p

The Mist had a black and white version, was well nice, very effective. But with Fury Road being mostly golden yellow anyway.... Not sure it needed a black and white edition.

Easy pass for me on this. This is bringing the cash cow to a whole new level.

Director: 'Oh I'll pretend my vision for this film was to be in black and white and I'll re-release it again for the lucrative Christmas market and call it the 'Black and Chrome edition'. And many shall come and fork out again for the same movie '!!!!

I'll turn down the colour on my TV next time I watch it and save me the expense! :p

Actually, George Miller initially envisioned this film being black and white- and advocated for the film to be black and white. However, the studio denied that claim, and preferred that he go the more traditional, desaturated style. Miller did not do this, and just to piss them off- he made the film as colorful as he possibly could. xD

I have the German Steelbook release for this film, which is, IMO- the cleanest of the Fury Road Steelbooks- so I don't feel overwhelmingly compelled to get this edition.
Especially since they felt so compelled to put "Mad Max" on the steelbook twice as much as it needs to be.

Is this retribution for us always wanting a title on the spine from Zavvi? Now they put the darn thing on there twice?

Reactions: lgans316