Mad Max: Fury Road - In theatres May 15, 2015

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Tagline: What a Lovely Day.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]George Miller[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlize Theron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rosie Huntington-Whiteley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicholas Hoult[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zoë Kravitz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Riley Keough[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nathan Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adelaide Clemens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Norton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abbey Lee[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-05-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A apocalyptic story set in the furthest reaches of our planet, in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and most everyone is crazed fighting for the necessities of life. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There's Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oQoIl0j4Lk6NFvOA0u7UREF8Sxm.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
With Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and more...

Trailer:

Old infos:
The Mad Max franchise will be resurrected! The only question is, will Mel Gibson return for it?

That remains to be seen but it has been announced that Charlize Theron will be joining the post-apocalyptic fun! She has signed on to star in the fourth chapter of the series, titled Mad Max: Fury Road.

As the film doesn't start shooting until next August, the production still has time to sway Mel to return. But, if he declines, the show will go on without him, says director George Miller, who also helmed the first three films: "It could be Mel, it could be anyone."

Attachments

• madmax.jpg
    madmax.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this film. Wasn't really into it right away despite the quick action but once the film had me, I was hooked. Love Hardy but really think Hoult stole the show. Few times I wished for subtitles but didn't really take away from the film. :) All in all, better than expected and can't wait to own it. Hopefully, in a steelbook version. :-D

I already saw it twice :naughty:. Still can not beleive this movie was made by a 70 year old Director. One of the crazy action movies i have seen a long time. :woot:
The score,the cars, the Villains, the cinematography :woot: Just awesome

George Miller just pimpslapped all younger action directors with this flick. A 70 year old director and a 70 year old cinematographer just gave us the best action movie in years. I hope this shows other genre directors that practical stunts and FX aren't dead.

George Miller just pimpslapped all younger action directors with this flick. A 70 year old director and a 70 year old cinematographer just gave us the best action movie in years. I hope this shows other genre directors that practical stunts and FX aren't dead.
@dead000 AMEN Brotha!!! :woot: :cool: Pimpslapped indeed!!!
pimpslap.gif

Like Ice Cube says, "Today was a good day!" harry and @DADDYCOOL187 I just got back from watching this a 2nd time! :thumbs: Damn I love this fu**ing AWESOME film! :drool: Just outside the theater there was a Sexy Cowgirl with a cute little Pony. And to finish off the night, a FAT delicious steak smothered with onions and Jalapeños! :hungry: :drool:

Happy Memorial Day!
20150525_10010.jpg 20150525_10015.jpg 20150525_10023.jpg

Well said my friend :thumbs:

Reactions: dead000
I think it has a lot to do with the fact the action actually made sense and it never relied on shakiness which is popular among the younger filmmakers for some reason. I read that George Miller told the cinematographer to keep the subjects' nose in the center cross hair at all times. Pretty rad.

Finally saw this (must have been the last in here) and in butt shaking DBOX.
Truly enjoyed the movie, Theron performance was truly amazing, inspiring. Was surprised by Hoult devotion. All the weirdos and all was entertaining... my only "regret" is Hardy. Damn...Talk about one dimension, less than 10 words spoken and when he does, he sounds exactly as he did when he did Bane... simply a big disapointment for me for Hardy's "performance".

Oh and DBOX was dammmmmmn intense! Had my buns shaking even in the car on the way back home! Damn! :p

I think it has a lot to do with the fact the action actually made sense and it never relied on shakiness which is popular among the younger filmmakers for some reason. I read that George Miller told the cinematographer to keep the subjects' nose in the center cross hair at all times. Pretty rad.

Chad Stahelski and David Leitch (the directors of John Wick) would disagree with your "shakiness" assessment. Ha! That flick had some of the best stunt choreography in a US action film in quite some time. Considering the directors are stunt performers and coordinators kinda makes sense. You knew where Reeves was during the entire fight. He never got lost in the shuffle. Also, Wick had an extremely fluid and evocative sense of cinematography. Beautifully shot and incredibly well lit for an action film.

John Seale, who shot Fury Road, is no slouch either. If there's anyone better equipped to shoot desert landscapes, it's Seale. He shot The Hitcher (not that crap remake but the '86 classic) and The English Patient. Over on Vimeo, there is a 2 1/2 hour masterclass where Seale and David Burr discuss the cinematography of Fury Road. Incredibly informative and entertaining.

Chad Stahelski and David Leitch (the directors of John Wick) would disagree with your "shakiness" assessment. Ha! That flick had some of the best stunt choreography in a US action film in quite some time. Considering the directors are stunt performers and coordinators kinda makes sense. You knew where Reeves was during the entire fight. He never got lost in the shuffle. Also, Wick had an extremely fluid and evocative sense of cinematography. Beautifully shot and incredibly well lit for an action film.

John Seale, who shot Fury Road, is no slouch either. If there's anyone better equipped to shoot desert landscapes, it's Seale. He shot The Hitcher (not that crap remake but the '86 classic) and The English Patient. Over on Vimeo, there is a 2 1/2 hour masterclass where Seale and David Burr discuss the cinematography of Fury Road. Incredibly informative and entertaining.

John Wick was fantastic! The overall look of that movie really nailed what I love in action movies. I didn't particularly notice how well it was shot until the club scene. I agree, you always knew where Reeves was which was nice.

I haven't seen that masterclass yet, I'm going to have to check it out.

Reactions: dead000
Finally saw it last night (in 2D: never cared about 3D - never will!) and above all else what I appreciate is that while it clearly goes out of its way to satiate the action junkies, it's signposted so well on the point that surely even those turning off the engines in their head surely can't help but absorb at least some of the egalatarian juice. A blusteing action film with a modern social conscience... you don't see those every day. :cool:

A bit overhyped? Perhaps. I feel when the dust settles from the cinema and we watch it at home its impact will dial down for a portion of the audience... they may come to think too much on the loose-fitting archetypal moulds that probably don't emote quite enough or nitpick at some of the sloppier looking effects. I think I'll be able to excuse its shortcomings when I think on the fact that for all the modern amenities they had in crafting it, the thing still bleeds the old school fuel and feels about as raw as a a bigtime studio picture can in this day and age.

Loved this movie. For anyone looking for a compelling story or amazing acting, this movie is not for you. But if you want action, stunts and a crazy futuristic world, this movie works really well. Agreed with most that the fight scene involving the chain was very well done as was all the chase sequences.

George Miller does a great job at telling a simple story with interesting characters with just visual cues and design. Whereas movies like Birdman are dialogue heavy, this is movie is visually heavy in order to drive the storyline and it works in my opinion. Story may be a tad bit too simple and obvious, but I think a more complex story may work against the flow and pace of this movie. Highly recommended for action fans.

Reactions: harry and Drum18
I read this yesterday about one of the many reasons that made this movie such a great one (source):

Film Editor Margaret Sixel was given over 480 hours of footage to create MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. The final edit ran 120 minutes and consisted of 2700 individual shots. That’s 2700 consecutive decisions that must flow smoothly and immerse the viewer. 2700 decisions that must guide and reveal the story in a clear and concise manner. One bad cut can ruin a moment, a scene or the whole film. No pressure!

Mad Max center framed

The most popular editing tendency for action scenes and films over the last 10 years has been the “Chaos Cinema” approach. A barrage of non-congruent and seemingly random shots that overwhelm the viewer with a false sense of kinetic energy and power. It can be effective in smaller doses, but exhausting and confusing when absorbed for 2 hours. If the story is incomprehensible due to editing…you are doing it wrong. So how do you keep action scenes energetic and fresh without shaky cameras and hypersonic editing?

Tom Hardy Center Frame

One of the many reasons MAD MAX: FURY ROAD is so successful as an action film is the editing style. By using “Eye Trace” and “Crosshair Framing” techniques during the shooting, the editor could keep the important visual information vital in one spot…the Center of the Frame. Because almost every shot was center framed, comprehending the action requires no hunting of each new shot for the point of interest. The viewer doesn’t need 3 or 4 frames to figure out where to look. It’s like watching an old hand-drawn flip book whiz by. The focus is always in the same spot!

Charlize Theron center framed

This was an edict passed down directly from director George Miller. Over the walkie talkies during every scene he could heard saying “Put the cross hairs on her nose! Put the cross hairs on the gun!” This was to protect the footage for editorial and to ensure that the entire high speed film would be easily digestible with both eyes and brain. Every new shot that slammed onto the screen must occupy the same space as the previous shot. This is by no means a new technique, but by shooting the entire film in this way, Margaret Sixel could amplify and accelerate scenes, cut as fast as possible with the confident knowledge that the visual information would be understood.

“Eye Trace” is another editing technique that posits that you can guide the viewers eye and make them look where you want. By using motion in frame and/or positioning critical points of focus in successive shots to fall on a natural or comfortable area of the screen. An arrow shot from a bow flying left to right on screen of one shot…will seamlessly cut with a whip pan into the next shot that has a target and an arrow already stuck into it still quivering from the impact. Your eye is tracking the arrow left to right and your brain expects it to hit somewhere on the right side of the screen in the next shot. The viewer never sees the arrow make contact and doesn’t need to. A properly placed sound effect will convey the energy and impact. Apply this same technique to the punches, gunshots, spears, car crashes or any other shot in MAD MAX:Fury Road and you can see how much easier it makes the action to follow.

Mad Max storyboards by Mark Sexton. https://twitter.com/DGSimo/status/492881087618490368

As they prepared to shoot the film, George Miller had no script. He did have over 3500 storyboards created by Mark Sexton. The Studio of course asked for a script and George said there wasn’t one. He offered the 3500 storyboards as it had taken him more than 10 years to get the story mapped out with this precision. The Studio said they NEED a script. George apparently had one cranked out but said it was “not good”. It didn’t have to be. He already knew how the whole film would look and feel. Visually center framed and barreling right at the audience.

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing, I summed it up in this screenshot:

1240106_10155656045890451_8651066123326034846_n.jpg

A big shot in my head !!!! A big action Movie with beautiful pictures and actors with a Great Introduction Trailer before the movie the first one Jurrassic parc and second one Star Wars ...... I have already cry before this trailer on a Theatre Screen !!!! I can't wait....It's too long

Reactions: harry
I loved this film, but can't help but think you can tell it was originally developed with the idea of Mel Gibson returning in the title role.

It seems pretty obvious that Fury Road is set even further in the future than the previous trilogy, but, while some of the younger characters in the film appear to have no knowledge of life before the fall of civilisation, Max introduces himself to us at the start as once having been a police officer.

Desk

I just finished reading this article on Yahoo, I thought this was pretty damn cool! :thumbs:

Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron's 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Stunt Doubles Fell in Love and Got Married
Not only is Mad Max: Fury Road the most badass film of the year so far (maybe of all the years), but apparently it sparked a real-life love story!

While shooting the George Miller-directed film in Namibia, Dayna and Dane Grant, two New Zealanders, worked as stunt doubles for Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy. They also fell in love.

Mad Max itself was anything but a typical action movie, but Dane admitted to stuff.co.nz that he and Dayna's relationship had a very classic love story beginning.

"We've said it before and it's quite cheesy, but it really was love at first sight," he said. "While we were punching each other we were falling for each other – quite rapidly."
Twitter.JPG

popcorn2.gif