Madden 12 roster update general question...

Aug 22, 2011
Chicago, IL USA
Sorry if this sounds so newb, but do you need xbox live gold in order to download the roster updates from EA? When I log into my Online Madden Community, and go to rosters and edits, I get a pop-up window that states that I have an Xbox Live account that restricts the use of this feature. In NCAA '12 I have no problems uploading rosters from other people for names ect. and I was always under the impression that one would not have to pay for xbox live gold for roster updates. Is this something new, or did I just miss the boat on this one? Seems to me a win for PS3 owners, since it would never be an issue...

I'm kinda wishing I didn't get it on xbox either.... :angry:
Why not?It has the better online service and since the last Hardware release a much lower failure rate.Better overall Console.
Yeah Xbox Live Gold is the reason why I don't normally get games for Xbox. It may suit folks better, but not me.

Gold is worth it if ya think about it.Plus Ms pretty much made it so if you want to get anything out of the Console you have to have it.But you do get alot of crap.

But to answer the question,You have to go online to update the roster right?If that's the case your gonna need gold for any Online Features .Or wait until one of the free weekends.

Why not?It has the better online service and since the last Hardware release a much lower failure rate.Better overall Console.

Gold is worth it if ya think about it.Plus Ms pretty much made it so if you want to get anything out of the Console you have to have it.But you do get alot of crap.

But to answer the question,You have to go online to update the roster right?If that's the case your gonna need gold for any Online Features .Or wait until one of the free weekends.

It serves its purpose and suits some, but not me. I don't eat that hardware failure is lower BS anymore.

Not sure why they went the Gold route with Madden though. I understand the MP being Gold only, but roster updates too?