Maintaining and Protecting SteelBook Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2014
Hi all ninjas,

I'm not sure where to post this topic, but I think it is good to bring up this topic so we can better take care our valuable steels :D

Anyone mind to share your methods/idea to protect your steels by answering these questions below, or free talk :D

What is the best way to protect steelbooks?

Where do you place your bluray discs without frequently open your steel?

Where can I buy the protecting stuff?

Thanks,

Sam.

I use Steelshells to keep them from scratching when pulling them off the shelf.

I would say there's no way to 100% keep your steels from some sort of light scratches. But there are ways to help decrease it.

Be aware a lot of the early steelbooks including "grails" are already showing signs of rust like Futureshops inglorious basterds. I do not think you can really do anything to protect against Mother nature.

I tend to use Steelbook sleeves or wraps whatever you wish to call them and not cram them all together on one shelf. Then allow the equivalent space of one steelbook off that shelf and space the remaining Steelbooks out

I tend to use Steelbook sleeves or wraps whatever you wish to call them and not cram them all together on one shelf. Then allow the equivalent space of one steelbook off that shelf and space the remaining Steelbooks out
do you have some sort of pictures? :D

Be aware a lot of the early steelbooks including "grails" are already showing signs of rust like Futureshops inglorious basterds. I do not think you can really do anything to protect against Mother nature.
you are right, i barely take the steel on and off, but every time i did, i discover a new scratch :(

Fye inception I got off eBay has signs of rust...anyways I use fully enclosed cases from either steelbook central or videogameboxprotectors. If I had to choose I would use steelbook central's but I live in the U.S so boxprotectors are cheaper.

For full slips (like I saw the devil) I trim a poly bag and tape the corners in so it fits nicely into the full slip (the steelbook fits nicely that is). Steelbook central are releasing fully enclosed caeses for full and lenticular slips. I'll be all over those.

Status
Not open for further replies.