Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they had just put the right art up everyone would be talking about how nice it is and well done zavvi/Disney it wouldn't be such sour grapes and this crop could have been avoided just all it needed was a photo to think something so simple can be so difficult absolute joke.

Reactions: Actarus
Are you presently on any kind of medication? You can certainly use some.

That doesn't prove that any Zavvi employees were aware and therefore lied. It is definitely possible but I don't think it's okay to make accusations unless you have proof. It is all just speculation right now and unless Zavvi reveal the real reason why this occurred (which I think is very unlikely), it is all it will ever be.

here is the accusation that is iron clad reality snooloui... zavvi took orders for one product description, received another from the supplier, and passed along the surprise to all buyers. there is absolutely, positively NO room for excuse. as a retailer, you cannot do this. what their employees know or don't know is completely irrelevant. zavvi, the company, is responsible for their sales. for me personally i didnt order this. im waiting for a proper edition that does not slap steelbook collectors in the face with blank black cover.

"We apologise to anyone who feels misled by the white cover artwork previously displayed on our website but hope that you guys prefer this version as much as we do!"

WHERE DO I EVEN START WITH THIS!!!!!!

Anyone who FEELS misled??? What about EVERYBODY who WAS misled into thinking they were getting a white gloss steelbook with different cover art!!!!

Previously displayed!!! How about PERMANENTLY displayed beyond charging people their hard earned money and dispatching said product until changing the artwork this afternoon....4 DAYS AFTER DISPATCHING!!!!

prefer this version as much as we do!!!! Well thank you Zavvi...that makes it all ok then!!!! You utter f***ers!!!!!

just you wait until Trading Standards get their mitts into you...i'm going to try and get f***ing refunds for everybody who wants one through Trading Standards!!!

Zavvi SHOULD NOT be allowed to get away with this scandalous treatment of their customer base...who spend hundreds, if not thousands on this hobby, obsession...whatever we call it!!

Zavvi...the home of Steelbookz!!! the home of immoral, thieving, lying w***ers morelike!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You need to calm down a bit.

Lol, if you look on eBay, the scalpers are selling the white version still! They are going to get some negative feedback I think!! Teach them to sell at ridiculous prices!

Reactions: DJ IXS
Too many people saying 'so what'. If the steel had turned up and it was matte, title-less and ugly artwork you'd be going mad. Just because it's still a lovely item doesn't excuse the false advertising.

No it doesn't, but if I receive something that looks better than the mock-up they had on the site, then I'm hardly going to complain about it. It's like complaining if they send you 2 instead of 1.

As I said, this happens all the time. Usually though, the actual item doesn't differ quite as much.

How often have we wondered whether or not the 3D logo will appear on Warner releases? To this day, despite being available for months, Man of Steel still doesn't feature the 3D logo on the pictures of both Amazon and Zavvi's listing yet we all know it's on the actual product.

Reactions: StifflersDad
The only ones that I can understand are upset are those that got the spain version. Ya, that sucks, but there are worse things.
Zavvi IS NOT responsible for what Disney chooses to release.

Zavvi can't play the victim card. Even if it was Disney at fault its up to Zavvi to pass this onto them and find a suitable solution.

Now I'm not saying I'd like a £5 reduction, I'm just saying I'd like a £5 reduction.

I jest, I JEST!

The only ones that I can understand are upset are those that got the spain version. Ya, that sucks, but there are worse things.
Zavvi IS NOT responsible for what Disney chooses to release.

Nobody is arguing that Zavvi is responsible for changing the art. People are mad they were not given info about the change before the item shipped.

Here's my opinion..... This choice by Zavvi not to inform it's customers of the vast change in design, before posting the steelbooks is really polarising opinion on here. I can agree with both sides of the argument as there has been some very good points. Zavvi, or employees of, must monitor this forum to gauge hype for certain steelbooks due for release, they will be aware that the Spanish version was black and has sold very well in this country due to it's stark contrast in design to the Zavvi exclusive. Now, it's getting close to release date, it's completely sold out and you receive the order from Disney and it's black, the same as the Spanish edition.... Now, do you inform customers of the change by Disney before posting, which they could do very easily on here or by email, risking huge cancellations by double dippers but retaining their own integrity. Or, do you hedge your bets and post it anyway, knowing it's completely different in design to what you had advertised on your website and hope that the majority of collectors will keep it rather than being stuck with no steelbook at all, plus all the hassle of posting it back. Then once all the deliveries are completed, change the website art and release an apology :thumbs: Sorry for making that so long lol :writing:

Reactions: justboy