Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair to TonyStark, the white steel book was a World Exclusive Artwork. It wasn't seen anywhere else and for the sheer contrast to the black version, this was unique and a must have.

For those that wanted this unique steel book, they may have withheld purchasing the black versions elsewhere because THIS was the one to have. Had they known this version would have been similar to others, they may have preferred to purchase elsewhere sooner, for example, they may have preferred the Spanish version at retail price.

Now that this has been released, it is a massive let-down that:
1. You do not have the WEA that you had hoped for.
2. You were not informed by the retailer and found out in a shoddy way of receiving and opening your parcel.
3. You were not offered a concession and an apology from the outset to alleviate that pissed off feeling.
4. You have missed out on purchasing an alternative steel book, like say the Spanish steel book at retail price, as in waiting for this WEA, that item is now OOS and price to obtain elsewhere is higher.

For those reasons, I can understand the animosity.

And if Zavvi cannot, as of right, give advance notification of the error, apologise and offer a conciliatory gesture of a couple of quid off or 10% code or something, it does look like your being treated like a bit of a mug and the customer service is poor.

As such, a snarly email to them asking for a bigger concession is understandable, just to hurt them in the pocket, as this is sometimes the only way they will sit up and listen, cos God knows they haven't any other way.

That's my 2 cents anyway....

The Spanish version is in stock, at retail price, at DvdGo.
I would think people would be more annoyed at having paid retail price for the 2D-only Spanish version when the could have ordered the cheaper 2D/3D Zavvi version.

Bloody hell, is it "write a novel night"!?! :wtf::hilarious:

Finally got round to watching the film - thought it was awesome! :woot:

And despite the non-OCD condition, I am LOVING this steelbook!! :D

@BradG1984 Does somebody have the CliffNotes for the Novel above ???

lmao :hilarious: ...I saw the movie and didn't know anything about it, had no expectations(had heard lots of bad things about it) and I was just taken away by the story and the visual effects, was not expecting some of the things that happened, love love love it so much got lost in the world of Disney with this movie can't wait to get my copies :)

Reactions: BradG1984
Guys, this thread is awesome entertainment! :D

Trading Standards over a film case :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Keep up the good work!

No offense to those that have submitted, but, my bet is all these complaints are getting tossed. They have bigger fish to fry. I can't imagine heavy resources going into investigating an artwork change on a blu ray. Probably quite a low priority, especially considering the retailer has no power over what they receive from a movie distributor that has every right to change the cover at their leisure.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
I've no interest in this movie or steel but if I had bought it I wouldn't mind the artwork change. The black cover is way nicer than the white. Complaining won't help cause Zavvi simply just don't care, they just like to pretend to care about steelbooks. More often than not they have pre orders for steels that have little or no information and we don't know what we've actually paid for till it arrives. It's downright wrong but, yeah, they just couldn't give a monkeys

That's the problem you face with many pre-orders though, wherever you get them from.

Sticking with Disney titles, initial batches of Frozen were shown with a slip, yet even those that pre-ordered with Amazon got ones without. To this day, you can order in-stock Disney titles shown with slips and with the yellow oval on the spine. Whether you get one with a slip or the oval is pot-luck. You might get one without the slip, without the number on the spine at all, with the yellow oval at the wrong height or with the new classic number design.

For Months, Peter Pan was advertised on the mock-ups on every site with the picture at the top and the yellow oval right underneath it on the spine. For no apparent reason, the real thing didn't look like that (the number was far too low to match the others), and it wasn't the first time. Disney eventually admitted they'd screwed up and offered cover replacements for around 5 of their titles.

To date, their releases of Avengers Assemble (edited spear-tip), The Little Mermaid (scene out of sequence - creating sync issues) and Tarzan (flickering picture - supposedly 'fixed') still have these issues with no sign of anything being done about it. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes had episode 7 missing from their 'complete' first season due to an error. They never offered replacements, you just had to buy later copies and hope you got the fixed disc.

Anyway, what's done is done. It's up to each consumer to decide how they deal with the Maleficent situation. Getting hold of a white copy is impossible, so try for a discount or get a refund if the black version isn't to your liking.

Finding it hard to complain when the steel I got is such a beauty and mint condition :woot:

This steel has lovely colourful inside artwork too - would have looked killer as outside art - would have stomped all over the white or black arts... :kiss:

Mine arrived this morning. I've had rotten luck with steelbooks arriving damaged lately so I was nervous about this one as Angelina is my favorite actress and I LOVE this movie. However, i'm more than pleased to say it arrived in perfect condition :D.
I think its a stunning steelbook - looks even better in person than on pictures etc, especially when you get it in certain lights. Possibly my favorite in my collection to date.
I feel really sorry for those of you who had this arrived damaged - I know all too well what that feels like. I hope you all get some sort of resolve to it :)

My response from Zavvi

Hello Karl,
Thanks for taking the time to contact Zavvi.com.
We did not receive the stock until the day the item was dispatched to yourself.
It was a last minute change by the manufacture.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience and I will ensure full feedback is passed over to the relevant departments.
Unfortunately we do not have the white edition meaning that the only resolution is to return the item for a full refund.
If you have further questions then please feel free to contact me, I will always be more than happy to assist.
Kind regards, Jord

Has anyone else still not received theirs yet or is it gonna be another case of a rare item being "lost in the post" that can no longer be got without paying ridiculous prices on fleabay?

Received spare copy, what a surprise, it has scratches on the front.

What I don't understand is the videos online show flawless copies. I never receive a truly mint Steelbook.

I complained to Zavvi about the artwork change just because I thought they should know that a lot of people weren't happy with the lack of information and communication about the artwork change. If nobody complained, they might think everyone was okay with it and that it would be fine to do it again. Today I received a reply (after waiting for 2 days) saying that they'd give me a 10% refund as an apology. I already got a bit of money off of this when I first ordered it and now I've got even more. Under £20 for a great steelbook. Not bad.

I ordered a copy along with a spare when they were available for pre-order again (a number of days ago). The order still hasn't processed, and now I just received an email from them stating that they are sourcing me my copies... Why would they have to do that? Safe to say that I missed out?