02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a great looking steelbook
The embossing is very good
Here eyes look great when light shines on them

Its a fingerprint magnet though and shows up very easy due to use of black

hahaha so true dude, had to use 2 silk cloths just to get it in a plastic case. Breath near it and dust just seems to sticks.

Truly gorgeous steelbook, and definitely one of my favourites of the year. I have a lamp that shines on a few steels once it goes dark outside and the eyes on this glow, very cool effect. :D

I was a bit disappointed with no artwork on the back of the SB, they could have put some of that green majestical stuff on there. Nice SB though :) mine arrived 3 days ago :)

Received mine with a number of scratches on the front, visible even with the shrink wrap on. I've contacted Zavvi and they've offered me 15% off or a refund as they don't have stock to provide a replacement. Unfortunately, I'm pretty OCD and can't really live with the scratches, so back for a refund it goes. If anyone has any spares they'd be happy to part with at cost price, send me a PM before I head over to eBay :ohno:

Reactions: justhedudeman
Bloody hell, is it "write a novel night"!?! :wtf::hilarious:

Finally got round to watching the film - thought it was awesome! :woot:

And despite the non-OCD condition, I am LOVING this steelbook!! :D

Chapter one.

In the beginning there was a picture of a white steelbook we'll call Maleficent. It looked very attractive but hey, off in the small print it said this may not be the final image . . . . .

Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnn :yawn: :naughty: :)

Folks, not being happy about what occurred with a product you purchased is your prerogative. However, please do not use the HDN community to attack each other with unnecessary foul language or aggression. Please be respectful and feel free to take ongoing arguments to private messages. Thank you for observing our basic community etiquette.

But that steelbook is awful... The slip is alright but that doesn't count if you ask me ;)

I would disagree on this, it's a lovely steelbook, and what Kimchi did with it brought it to another level. Only the Kimchi one I think they brought the best out of that steel but it is a matter of simple taste. If the Steelbook would have been that awful, it would not have sold out the way it did and Kimchi's ones were going up to 300$ on bay...lenti and 1/4... but we can agree to disagree as collectors we all have different taste reason why there's diversification in releases so it's not a bad thing to not agree

I'd say the Kimchi version of Frozen going for as much as $300 didn't have much to do with the design per se, it was the Kimchi appeal and the fact that far more people were interested in Frozen for obvious reasons. The Kimchi version (especially then Lenti) looked different and had the extra cache of being an "exclusive." In terms of Steelbook design (the metal itself), painting, and overall product presentation, Maleficent wins out IMO. I find the steel to be eerie and in some cases frightening lol (those Angelina eyes). I have to give it to the team that designed and painted it. But as you've stated @Actarus we all have different tastes and preferences.

I'd say the Kimchi version of Frozen going for as much as $300 didn't have much to do with the design per se, it was the Kimchi appeal and the fact that far more people were interested in Frozen for obvious reasons. The Kimchi version (especially then Lenti) looked different and had the extra cache of being an "exclusive." In terms of Steelbook design (the metal itself), painting, and overall product presentation, Maleficent wins out IMO. I find the steel to be eerie and in some cases frightening lol (those Angelina eyes). I have to give it to the team that designed and painted it. But as you've stated @Actarus we all have different tastes and preferences.

fair enough, for me I can't explain I just fell in Love with Frozen Kimchi, just thought they brought it to another level... but I never said I didn't love this steel, Frozen I fell in Love and same thing is happening with Maleficent. I think when I get my copies I will probably freak out on it also, after all I bought the Korean Amaray all 3, the Taiwan 2 copies, The zavvi also so it's I would say my 2nd release this year that I fall hard for it. I can't wait to have it in hands and to see all it's glory... but that's what makes us collectors and have a blooming market for it, the difference in taste

Last edited: