Man of Steel 3D - In theaters June 14, 2013

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Man of Steel (2013)

Tagline: You will believe that a man can fly.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Zack Snyder[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Henry Cavill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Shannon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diane Lane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Russell Crowe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Antje Traue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Costner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Meloni[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laurence Fishburne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jadin Gould[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tahmoh Penikett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ayelet Zurer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Schiff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dylan Sprayberry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carla Gugino[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Cetrone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mackenzie Gray[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julian Richings[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary Black[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Samantha Jo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rebecca Buller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Wren[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Lewis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Doug Abrahams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brad Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alessandro Juliani[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Foley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Gerdisch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Lennix[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jacqueline Scislowski[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Raj Lal[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-06-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]143[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
xWlaTLnD8NJMTT9PGOD9z5re1SL.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
An alien infant is raised on Earth, and grows up with superhuman abilities. He sets out to use these abilities to guard his adopted world.
With: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and much more!!!

Trailers:

Old infos/trailers:

Poster:
399516_414200565292571_1731125494_n.jpg
man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg

Old infos:
Per Coming soon:

Aronofsky in the Running to Direct Superman
Source: Heat Vision September 28, 2010

Black Swan helmer Darren Aronofsky has joined the list of potential directors for Warner Bros.' new Superman movie, reports Heat Vision.

The list includes Duncan Jones, Jonathan Liebesman, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott and Zack Snyder. The trade adds that Ben Affleck was also briefly in the running but he is reportedly no longer pursuing the job.

Aronofsky is said to be in active talks, though it's early.

Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas will executive produce the film, targeted for a 2012 release.

Read more: Aronofsky in the Running to Direct Superman - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70192#ixzz10qGP5CCK

Attachments

• man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg
    man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this last week and didn't think I was going to like it but ended up loving it and wishing I saw it in IMAX. Definitely worth the time to see it again.

I saw this last week and didn't think I was going to like it but ended up loving it and wishing I saw it in IMAX. Definitely worth the time to see it again.

If possible, catch it in IMAX 3D - another notch up the movie experience :scat:

I just finished reading The Man of Steel art book (Amazon.com) cover to cover. High quality prints on glossy thick paper plus awesome writing by Snyder and Wallace - filled in the gaps on the new back story and all the while to listening the soundtrack - man, we are all so blessed to have such great artists among us today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MoS-E.jpg
    MoS-E.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 112
  • MoS-F.jpg
    MoS-F.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 128
  • MoS-G.jpg
    MoS-G.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 103
  • MoS-BB.jpg
    MoS-BB.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite surprised by the reaction this movie gets from quite a few critics, mostly considering how many people loved this.
Having seen it twice I have to say I really enjoy it, maybe not the best superhero movie ever for me, but definitely close.
Doesn't really matter in the end but I would have expected way better reviews for this one...

OK it's definitely on a par with TDK (The Joker stole that movie indeed), totally missed that :ohno: (somehow Batman doesn't fit in the Superhero Criteria for me lol)

DC is going strong, bring on Justice League I say :scat:

Yep, I choked up as well.

I don't want to start a debate here, but TDK for me is the best superhero movie out there.

Personally, I think TDK went on for 30 mins too long. MoS felt like the perfect length. It just whizzed by. Plus the romance didn't feel forced, unlike what went on between Batman and Rachel. Frankly, I felt the action was better too. Physically speaking, Superman and Zod are a far more interesting match up than Batman vs Joker. Granted Joker was a crazy S.O.B., but he always got his a$$ kicked.

Went to see this the second time tonight and I have to say it was what i expected from Snyder. Those visuals were absolutely amazing! Story was solid, acting okay and score fitted perfectly. Well done Zack! I think I will go see it once more :)

After Batman trilogy this is definitely my favourite DC flick!

Reactions: ash333
Saw it yesterday...I think it was too long and sometimes I felt the fighting scenes served no purpose but to showcase the effects they used. I could have done with 15 min or more less of the flick, and would have probably liked it better if it was a bit slimmer in that regard. I liked Henry as Superman, and the attempt to create a more introspective story. But overall, I was disappointed. I tend to stay away from all critic or other reviews before seeing a film I REALLY want to see, like this one, and make up my own mind. I'll probably see it again at home, just because I am generally a fan of the franchise and a huge fan of '78 movie, but I expected more from this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333 and vurt
Saw this today and liked it! I see what everyone is saying about it being epic, i could also see what they say about the need for a bit more character development. Perry Mason's character seemed a lot different than i remember in the original, Laurence Fishbourne appeared to play it as he does most of his usual roles bar Morpheus.

There was the usual emotional attachment with Superman and his folks as most of us have pretty much grown up with the character, but i had hoped for a bit more humour from him as superman.

He was pretty intense throughout the movie, and serious.

The fight scenes were pretty extraordinary and on such a grand scale, which is a very Zach Snyder thing so well done to him for that.

Overall, i liked it. Does it beat the original movie? I think i would always say no, but that is because i was a little boy when i first saw that Superman, so for me as an impressionable boy christopher reeve's version for me is the ultimate.

I guess kids watching this movie today will think the same of Henry Cavill...

oh, by the way, IMAX was fine, as for 3D, what 3D? hardly noticed it.

I think Star Trek Into Darkness was better for 3D.

Reactions: Hussun
He's a great guy, Ash! He seemed disappointed when the Q&A was over, a very down to Earth guy. He was super excited when I pulled out my steelbook - as you can imagine everyone is focused on Man of Steel at the moment and those who aren't, want to talk 300 and Watchmen.

Reactions: Hussun and ash333