Digibook Man Of Steel Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook (w/Lenticular cover) [USA]

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: 12th November 2013
Price: $24.99 $19.99 Release week pricing
Purchase link: Man Of Steel
Group buy: here - CLOSED
Also available now through HDN SHOP
Notes: Lenticular cover artwork alternates picture of Kal-El and General Zod :LOL:

image.jpg

Courtesy of adrenaline78:
ZPhyRSt.gif

From Target website:

Target entertainment movies action & adventure
Man of Steel (Blu-ray/DVD) - Only at Target

$24.99

Release Date:11.12.13
Product Information

• "X-Ray Vision” (EC) –30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel
• Destruction of Krypton
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitude
• Battle on the streets of Smallville
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Superman
• Attack on Metropolis

BD Book – Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman
• Offers an intimate look at the reinvention of the world’s most iconic superhero through the eyes of acclaimed director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy). This unique companion book offers a rich selection of materials, from concept art and behind-the-scenes set photography to director commentary and interviews with key creative's, unlocking the secrets behind giving new life to an immortal hero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the Collectors Edition and if you want something a little bit more special than just another steelbook this to me looks like the version to get. Very tempted to get on the GB :ohno:

EDIT: Question... are the images the same that's in the coffee table Art Book?

So this is what I ended up doing, took the 3D, 2D and Special Features blu-rays from the Collector's Edition and replaced them with the Digibook discs.

Now the digibook is at another level. The CE discs actually have a diff surface texture and adorn the colors of superman with hues of red, blue and black.

Looks amazing with the digibook. The S symbol from the CE will be displayed on the glass cabinets and the discs from the Digibook I'm selling on eBay to recoup the cost of the digibook :) win....win

Here are the comparison pics: 1st pic is the original disc. The 2nd picture is the comparison picture with the CE disc.

2013-11-12MoSBR9_zpsefa4179f.jpg

2013-11-12MoSBR6_zpsc770e0a1.jpg

2013-11-12MoSBR10_zpsc7e16ab7.jpg

2013-11-12MoSBR8_zpsd833ad32.jpg

That's a great idea! Those discs look MUCH better than the standard grey S shield ones. Is the CE the only release to have that artwork on the discs?

Reactions: CyberAthlete
Just picked this up today. Super nice. Something to note:

There appears to be 2 versions of the lenticular cover. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know how it works or if this was even intentional, but 1 version appears to have Superman (Cavill) as the direct first image (The one you see if looking head on) and if you tilt it, you then see the villain (General Zod). The other version shows the villain head on, and if you tilt it, you see Cavill. I got the one with Superman as the main image head on, and the villain as the optional lenticular image if tilted. This made more sense to me, since it's a Man of Steel digibook afterall.

:scat::scat: :LOL:

ManofSteelforMarc1-2500_zpscd518341.jpg

ManofSteelforMarc2-2500_zpsc41d9c87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See post #125
"However! I did noticed that not all lenticulars are the same. When you look at the cover directly, some of them show Superman, others show Zod, and sometimes you're seeing the inbetween transformation. So I had to go through their entire catalog to find 5 decent covers which showed man of steel when looking at the cover directly."

Also, I made sure that you should see zod at the same angles when you tilted the digibook left and right. Some of the digibooks would immediately show zod the moment u tilted it one direction, only to tilt it a lot more in the other direction to see zod again.

Good eye. This is a manufacturing/quality control issue. I had to go through 20 digibooks to find 5 that were decent. Not all lenticulars are the same.

Reactions: Hussun
I cancelled the steelbook because of the big letter S and decided to buy this instead. So this is my first digibook and im very happy with this:scat:

I have a question, could confirm if the disc Special Feature has Spanish subtitles?

Rumor has that is only audio and subtitle in English, right?

I want to have Spanish subtitles.

Sorry i imagine this has been mentioned already but hard to go through the pages on my phone. is this region free or region A locked. looking at getting a copy off ebay as decided i dont want the UK steelbook but dont want to end up with a disc i cant watch!!!
many thanks

since its a warner Home Video realese, i would say its 100p region free. everything iv bought from America thats from warner has been region free.

Reactions: Miffed
since its a warner Home Video realese, i would say its 100p region free. everything iv bought from America thats from warner has been region free.

Thanks. might have to get that then, theres a copy for under £22 including postage on ebay which i think is pretty decent price and actually preferring this digibook to the Uk steel as love the lenticular front.

Reactions: Poitvd
Thanks. might have to get that then, theres a copy for under £22 including postage on ebay which i think is pretty decent price and actually preferring this digibook to the Uk steel as love the lenticular front.
buy buy buy :scat: yes this is a great realese. will soon be in my hands:LOL:

Just picked this up today. Super nice. Something to note:

There appears to be 2 versions of the lenticular cover. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know how it works or if this was even intentional, but 1 version appears to have Superman (Cavill) as the direct first image (The one you see if looking head on) and if you tilt it, you then see the villain (General Zod). The other version shows the villain head on, and if you tilt it, you see Cavill. I got the one with Superman as the main image head on, and the villain as the optional lenticular image if tilted. This made more sense to me, since it's a Man of Steel digibook afterall.

:scat::scat: :LOL:

HTML:
[IMG]http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/jimmyv12/ManofSteelforMarc1-2500_zpscd518341.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/jimmyv12/ManofSteelforMarc2-2500_zpsc41d9c87.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Mine is the general Zod in the direct first image...dark man of steel.

I opened my Digi also. Is there a reason this one is better than the Canadian. I would assume they would be the same or is there bilingual text on the CA one