Manta Lab - Retailer Thread (now sales website operated by Collectong)

New sales website: Collectors from Kwun Tong. HK SAR

best-retailer-png.411629

ME#1 - Man of Steel
ME#2 - The Revenant
ME#3 - Constantine
ME#4 - Kingsman
ME#5 - Walter Mitty
ME#6 - Fight Club
ME#7 - La La Land
ME#8 - Logan
ME#9 - Fantasic Beasts
ME#10 - Alien Covenant
ME#11 - Wonder Woman
ME#12 - Ex Machina
ME#13 - Planet of the Apes
ME#14 - Se7en
ME#15 - Justice League
ME#16 - ?
ME#17 - Ready Player One
ME#18 - Shape of Water
ME#19 - Greatest Showman
ME#20 - Deadpool 2
ME#21 - First Man
ME#22 - ?
ME#23 - Inglorious Basterds
ME#24 - Aquaman
ME#25 - A Star is Born
ME#26 -
ME#27 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be very interested in Manta Lab picking up the following titles:

for more recent releases:

Get Out
Swiss Army Man
Nocturnal Animals
A Cure for Wellness
Colossal
Free Fire

Older releases that dont have premium slip

Lost In Translation
500 Days of Summer
Se7en
Inception

I would like to a premium edition of Maleficent 3D some day, especially since it never got a 3D release in the US. I still love the Zaavi steelbook so you could simply create some custom slips and there is a lot of great artwork out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I want a Dark Knight Trilogy boxset too ! :p

Oh be still my beating heart! If this were to happen...... I could well see that being my second boxset after the HDZeta Mad Max Fury Road 1 click last annihilated my wallet. Didn't someone tweet to Manta recently about a Dark Knight package?

Manta Labs Facebook

[October Announcements] at mantalab.com
Hello everyone, we hope everyone is ready for the weekend and the pre-order for our exclusive Wonder Woman steelbook tonight. We should make announcements in the beginning of the month but we are getting later and later due to many tasks need to be done around the office. Here's our brief summary of what's going on at Manta Lab

1. [ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We are shipping out at the moment and the editions look amazing! We will send out all tracking number by next Wednesday and we hope that all orders arrive safely to our customers' addresses.

2. [ME#6, 7, 9] Fight Club, La La Land, Fantastic Beast
These titles have moved to production now and we are preparing for the pre-order and the release! We understand our customers have been waiting for a very long time for these releases and for Fight Club when we looked at the first email receiving the artworks was back in January so it took about a year to finish this title. We had some ups and downs designing these products but we are happy with the results. We will release more information in November for these titles.

3. [ME#11] Wonder Woman
Tonight is the pre-order! We are very excited for tonight and due to high demand of certain editions, we have amended the numbers and set different limits. *Full Slip -> -100 units, *Double Lenticular Full Slip -> +100 units and Double lenticular Full Slip will be Limited to 1 per order. We try our best to predict the right combination of numbers for our customers but it's never easy. We are very sorry about changes.

4. [ME#13] War for the Planet of Apes
Finally watched the last movie of the Planet of Apes and it was... AWESOME!! That's why we have decided to release this in an exclusive format. We expect the release to be ready by December. We hope our customers look into our release.

5. [ME#??] DunKirk
We are currently designing for the Dunkirk and not all artworks have been releases by the studio yet. We are expecting a January release and we hope to show more information soon.

Thank you very much and we are getting later with these updates but we want to share as much information with our customers so please understand us being late. If you have any comments or questions, please leave below.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

22552341_1545167945593308_8103632687633521959_n.jpg

would be nice, when Manta Lab would release an empty Box for Man Of Steel and BvS to match the Wonder Woman box. I asked them, let's see.

I'm only asking this because there's been no activity here since November '17, but are upcoming releases always posted here in this thread for Manta? I see all of their steels are sold out, and Justice League is 'coming soon', but I'd like to be privy to whatever is coming down from these guys. Perhaps there's been nothing to report since November?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I'm only asking this because there's been no activity here since November '17, but are upcoming releases always posted here in this thread for Manta? I see all of their steels are sold out, and Justice League is 'coming soon', but I'd like to be privy to whatever is coming down from these guys. Perhaps there's been nothing to report since November?

This is their latest update from their Facebook page:

• Thanks
Reactions: jaws finatic
For those who can't see the above:

30530404_1721048458005255_1421877259099101015_n.jpg

April Update -------!

Hello everyone! It's already April and we are working very hard to design for our new releases these days. It's crazy how fast time goes. We have our release updates and misc to talk about. Please read more for the details.

1. Fight Club
Fight Club is all shipped and this time, we were on time! We are working very hard to meet the schedule with our releases and thankful that everything was produced on time. We have few copies for the restock and we will post them back on again with the next pre-order.

2. Next releases
We are currently working on a lot of releases and here are some of WEA steelbooks that we are working on.

1. The Shape of Water
2. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
3. Bladerunner 2049
4. The Greatest Showman
5. Ready Player One
6. Tomb Raider

There's no guarantee that we are releasing all of the movies above but as long as we are satisfied with the designs and receive approval from the Studio, we will give them a shot!

3. Kingsman: Golden Circle WEA
There's been a lot of enquiries for this release and as you can see in the photo, It's been submitted for the approval. Due to the strict approval process with the second release, we expect it to be a long process for this. As soon as we receive any news, we will update them.

4. Justice League Steelbook Pre-order
We've updated all single version information but yet to upload the One Click Box. We are waiting for the approval from the Studio and we expect to be finished this week. We expect the pre-order to start by next week. Thank you very much for your patience.

5. Small increase in price with our products
We are currently switching our production to another factory for the steelbook and due to the high MOQ and since we are trying to keep our releases limited, there's going to be around $2-3 increase with our products in the future. We wanted to keep our price contained but due to the increasing cost of production, we have decided to increase the price slightly. We hope our customers could understand our difficulty and we will return with better products.

6. Website Renewal and Loyalty Program
Since last year, we've been working a new website layout with faster speed and better layout. We are not sure when it will be finished but we are trying our best to provide even better website experience for our customers. Also, we wanted to implement a loyalty program for our loyal customers since last year. We are trying to select the best APP for this but there's very high cost maintaining these programs so as soon as we find the APP that fits our needs, we will implement this program as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for the continuous support and we hope to make the great movies that were release this year. We are also working on few catalogue titles as well so we hope to update the information soon, too!

Best regards,
Manta Lab

Reactions: jailbird_joey

[MAY UPDATE]

Hello everyone! It's already end of May and we are here to post another monthly update. Summer is coming up and a lot of releases are getting ready (at least in approval) so please look below for the newest updates.

1. Justice League
After our Fight Club release, we were aiming for another spot on schedule but there's been a change of the packing facility just recently due to our current packing facility closing down. Because the packing machinery needed to be set up at the new location, we are going to be delayed 1 week for this release. We are very sorry and we will send out the tracking as soon as they are ready.

2. Universal Studio Release
After many months of negotiation and getting approvals, we are getting very close to releasing our first Universal Studio release. We are at the last stage of approval so once everything is approved, we will announce the release! (Adding another Studio Gem to our gauntlet :D)

3. Approvals and Stalls
It seems like getting approval is harder and harder everyday. We have many releases that are scheduled for release but many of them have been struggling with the approval from the studio. We are trying to be as patient as possible with the approval and hope that it goes through with our new designs.

4. Ready Player One
RP1 is expected to pre-order in June! We are finishing the designs at the moment and as much as we've loved the movie, we are making the best packages possible for the movie.

Thank you very much for reading our monthly update. It seems like there's not a lot to announce due to having many releases struggling with approvals these days but once approvals go through there will be a lot of releases in coming months.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Can anyone fill in the blanks?

ME#1 - Man of Steel
ME#2 - The Revenant
ME#3 - Constantine
ME#4 - Kingsman
ME#5 - Walter Mitty
ME#6 - Fight Club
ME#7 - La La Land
ME#8 - Logan
ME#9 - Fantasic Beasts
ME#10 - Alien Covenant
ME#11 - Wonder Woman
ME#12 - Ex Machina
ME#13 - Planet of the Apes
ME#14 - Se7en
ME#15 - Justice League
ME#16 - ?
ME#17 - Ready Player One
ME#18 - Shape of Water
ME#19 - Greatest Showman
ME#20 - Deadpool 2
ME#21 - ?
ME#22 - ?
ME#23 - Inglorious Basterds

I'm assuming Dunkirk and Kingsman 2 were meant to be #14 & #16. Deadpool 2 one of #20, #21, or #22 what about the others?

EDIT: seems #14 is actually Se7en and Deadpool 2 will be #20

Last edited:
Thanks @lemonlinnn for sharing this in the release threads

47393028_2028605657249532_6109346105294585856_n.jpg

Hello everyone.

This is John from Manta Lab. Today is our 3rd Anniversary and I am super glad that we've come this far. Thanks to our customers and our GB hosts first for supporting our brand throughout 2018. I want to thank our designer Claudia and other freelance designers who helped with our projects. Also, thanks to our licensees partners and studios that helped us to make fantastic business in 2018.

There were many ups and downs like 2017 and many projects were cancelled and changed due to the request from studios but I am pretty satisfied with what we have produced for our customers. I know many customers enjoy what we bring to the market that are different from other retailers and we really try our best to be produce the ultimate package for each movie. Thanks for the support as always and we will continue to make great products in 2019.

I know everyone is expecting an anniversary sale but this time, we've decided to move the sale to New Years (February). I hope you guys are not disappointed with this news. We are planning to do some events and promotions for next couple of weeks to give out some coupons and prototype samples we've made throughout 2018.
We have December update coming up and we are hosting pre-orders for Deadpool 2 and Fantastic Beast Exclusive steelbook in December. More details will be posted soon.
There are many things I want to share (mostly my thoughts over the year) but I think continue to produce great products and providing great service speak for itself.
Again, thank you very much for another fantastic year and I look forward to receiving more in 2019.
Thank you!
Best regards,
John

#mantalab #Anniversary #3rdyear!

Congrats John and the team from Manta Lab :thumbs: Well deserved title for 2018 :cigar: Thanks for the memories of all the amazing World Class Steelbook Premiums you and your team output last year as you should be very proud. I hope you have a Happy New Year for this coming Tuesday.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k