Hot Toys Marty McFly (Back to the future) - 1/6 Scale Figure [Hot Toys]

herpderp

Collectibles Mod
Premium Supporter
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
10346465_10152200750727344_6693750884050109281_n.jpg

The 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly in Back to the Future

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture

- Body with over 30 points of articulations

- Approximately 28 cm tall

- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of relax palms

- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms

- One (1) pair of palms for holding skateboard

- One (1) open left palm

- One (1) left palm for holding camcorder

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) red tee

- One (1) white and black checkered shirt

- One (1) pair of black suspenders

- One (1) blue denim jacket

- One (1) red vest

- One (1) pair of blue jeans

- One (1) pair of white running shoes

Accessories:

- One (1) pair of sunglasses

- One (1) black watch

- One (1) portable audio cassette player with headset

- One (1) camcorder

- One (1) skateboard

- One (1) red backpack

- One (1) handout

- Three (3) pins

- Figure stand with Marty McFly nameplate and the movie logo

Special Version – Bonus Accessory
(This special edition is for Ani-Com pre-order and selected markets only.):

- One (1) 1/6th scale guitar

Last edited:
I saw that sideshow offered points.. I didn't know it was 5%, that's really good. I will definitely consider them in the future. . I think I get worried about ordering from overseas because of all the extra charges as I'm on a pretty tight budget, the marty I've ordered from one sixth bruce I paid 1/3 off the payment up front so there will be less to pay when it's in stock,which is great. . I'm gonna miss the guitar but I guess for my first time getting such an expensive figure it will have to do lol. Its funny though cos I never thought I'd pay so much for a figure and now I've started with marty I'm looking at the other releases and wanting them too, terminator, tony stark, iron man etc.. its a slippery slope lol. Taking of iron man, I remember when I joined hdn I had a look at members "man caves" and I think it was yours @Wreck, that you have a massive iron man.. must have cost a fortune.. it looked amazing.. out of my price range so I've started collecting the neca mavel 1/4 figures.. It was after seeing your stuff that got me thinking about figures:thumbs:. . Like steelbooks weren't expensive enough lol:happy:

You'll love the Hot Toys mate. It will go great displayed next to a steel. Nice addition. They are expensive but somehow worth it in the end due to the insane quality. They hold good resale value too if not actually "appreciating" dependent upon sell outs of course.

Yes I do have a 1/2 scale Iron Man. Also a Wolverine. It was a pretty crazy time making those massive Flex Pays... Never again. :p

Search ebay for 1/6 guitar or something you might find something just like it or later pick one up when someone breaks down a set. You never know....

The SideShow points def come in handy and would be something to consider if you ever got into buying stuff from them more frequent. ie. 4?+ a year. But you do get hit by customs so there is always that problem. So you gotta get all freaky and do all the math to see what makes more economical sense in the end.

Thanks @Wreck for all your help and information. . I'll definitely keep looking for a 1/6 guitar:thumbs:

I haven't seen your 1/2 wolverine but I'll have a look for it. . Would I find pictures in the man Cave section here on hdn?
I hope you didn't take out a second mortgage to fund the 1/2 figures but I'm sure the price of them came close. . That iron man you have is truly an amazing work of art. . Any fan of the movie's will be jealous of that.. I know I am lol.:naughty::happy:

Thanks wreck for the link.. I'm still trying to work out the site so the link was really helpful. . I'm just slowly learning a bit about all these figures and all the different companies that make them so the link was really helpful.:thumbs:
Your 1/2 scale statues look awesome.. I know they cost an awful lot of money but as you bought two you must have thought that the first one was worth the money (build wise) to have invested in a second statue. I was having a look at the iron man 1/2 scale today and found that sideshow has bought out iron man mark VII 1/2.. I'm having crazy thoughts about buying one (thinking about doing the payment plan, although thats still quite a high monthly payment, wish they doubled the payment plan lengh which halved the payments).. as you own one I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about it, like if you feel it's worth its price, is it really fragile.. does it scratch easily when you clean it... is it made out of durable materials? Sorry I know this is the wrong thread to ask these questions, having said that everytime I come to this marty thread I have a good look at the pictures of the figure.. next march or later feels like too long to wait.. I want it now:happy:

@chunk the Iron Mans are extremely durable. heavy, wont break. The wolverine is much more fragile and in parts that connect th high powered magnets. Iron man is one piece.

I bought 2 ... yes. But I actually pre-ordered both not long from another its just the months lined up diff on payment plans so never had to pay in same month for both.

Would I buy them again. The ones with a pose definitely over time make you feel like you got more your money's worth. ie. Wolverine. The IM Mark 7 has a bit better pose. Would rather have that now. Oh well, I'll live. It would take another HUGE fav character to get me to ever consider LSF size again. I own a few Premium Format size stuff and for the size of those and cost vs. size of these and cost it just makes more sense to collect PF.

For instance .... you can get many PF's at $350 around 18-20 inches. LSF is $2,000 at like $30-36 inches. If you ever were to grow tired and need/want to sell off you can do a PF on ebay and not dread the "how do I ship this!" The LSF so much bigger and boxes and packaging so much bigger which YOU HAVE TO KEEP and store ... that you will have to sell off locally. Pain in the ass.

If I ever go big again its going to be for like a 1/1 size. PFs or Macquettes are the way to go. Hulk at $650 is a bargain when you see the quality in person compared to the cost of the Iron man. Great pieces no doubt but best bang for your buck I think lies in Premium Formats.

Hi @Wreck, thank you so much for all the information, i know you're super busy here so i appreciate even more the time you've taken to help me out.. i am so new to figures that i know next to nothing, and your last post gave me a lot to think about, i read it yesterday and went off to look up some of the figures you'd talked about( my intention was to have a look and come back and reply but there's so much out there that I'm only getting back to hdn now). What you said about the 1/2 scales i thought that you were right, if at some point I needed to sell any large statues it would be a pain in the ass.. you talked about PF's (i had no idea they existed before I read you post, I'd only been looking for 1/6 and neca 1/4 figures, so you opened up a whole new world for me, big thanks wreck:) ) i found a couple i liked, iron man mark 42 and iron patriot, i put my first order in with sideshow yesterday then found that i could get them at the same price with forbidden planet uk so i ordered both from them:)... think I lost my $40 i paid upfront to sideshow because i cancelled within hours of putting in an order, see total newb lol :).. you live and learn right.. but I'm happy that I'm dealing with a UK retailer just in case i have any faulty items i won't need to return them so far.
I really wanted a Terminator figure but the new sideshow t-800 battle damaged figure doesn't look quite right on the head sculpt, looks really orange too.. i did find an older 18" t-2 battle damaged figure by enterbay but that's going for quite big bucks so for now I'm going to save up for the two iron man figures and marty, and of course keep my eyes on the Delorean thread:)
I'm really excited but Dec, Jan, and March seem a long way off, and like you say, any figure can be delayed.. maybe I'll save up first for a little hot toys 1/6 terminator to keep me going.

No problem bud glad I can help. You might try emailing sideshow @chunk cause sometimes I know they will actually in fact refund or at least they will credit it to another order should you be willing to set one up. $40 towards a $199 or less Hot toys might be worth the order as to not lose the $40 ... if you get hit with customs it might feel like you didnt since you didnt lost that $40? *shrug*. idk.

Reactions: chunk
I was wondering if anyone here has bought anything from the online shop onesixthbruce? I've pre ordered marty and star-lord from them but I thought they were a uk based store but I think it might be based in korea or china.. I've had to email them about a payment query and they seem to not be very efficient with their replies and my email provider has flagged their email as suspicious. Has anyone had any dealing with them to put my mind at rest. Thanks :):):)

I was wondering if anyone here has bought anything from the online shop onesixthbruce? I've pre ordered marty and star-lord from them but I thought they were a uk based store but I think it might be based in korea or china.. I've had to email them about a payment query and they seem to not be very efficient with their replies and my email provider has flagged their email as suspicious. Has anyone had any dealing with them to put my mind at rest. Thanks :):):)

I use OSB on quite a regular basis. Sometimes the items are slower at getting to you compared to other HT sellers but overall they are pretty reliable.
They're actually very popular choice of sellers of HT 1/6th figures in the UK (based in Derby). Due to their popularity with buyers it means they normally get overloaded with emails so response tends to be slow.
Hope this helps...

• Informative
I use OSB on quite a regular basis. Sometimes the items are slower at getting to you compared to other HT sellers but overall they are pretty reliable.
They're actually very popular choice of sellers of HT 1/6th figures in the UK (based in Derby). Due to their popularity with buyers it means they normally get overloaded with emails so response tends to be slow.
Hope this helps...

Yes that helps a lot, thank you for the info.
I ordered marty and payed the first instalment via paypal then I ordered star-lord and I accidentally hit bank transfer when I paid the first instalment through, I realised that the payment had not gone out of my bank account, so I emailed them, after a couple of weeks they got back to me and said they would send me a paypal invoice (that was over a month ago now) and I still haven't had the invoice and I have emailed twice since then and I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if I should cancel the order and start again? I'm worried they might charge me a cancellation fee regardless of the fact I would make another order.
It's a relief you have confirmed they are a UK based company, I was starting to worry that I would get hit with customs.
Many thanks @Uraki :):):):)

Reactions: Uraki
I have emailed twice since then and I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if I should cancel the order and start again?
You could try leaving a message on their Facebook page. Maggie seems to respond quite regularly their. Failing that you can try calling them.

I'll try that, thanks @Uraki.. never used facebook before.. I guess emailing is out of date now. . I'm so old hehe :):):):)

Got a cancellation email for my order in the wait list for an exclusive as it is now sold out :(
In return, they offered free shipping on the regular edition within the US, which does not help me either.

Just had my final invoice and was told it's on it's way :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah: super excited for my first hot toy:joy: I'll post pics when it arrives and is set up:joy:

My marty mcfly finally arrived! I had given up on ever receiving it due to no response from the retailer for the last 4 months. But it's here now, my first hot toy, and I love it:drool: I missed the limited guitar so I bought a non movie accurate red 1/6 scale guitar for him.

@harry and @Mark I said I'd show you pictures :cigar: and @Flash , you'll be interested in this too:) apologies for the low resolution, I have to take pictures on a 2mp setting otherwise i get pop up that says the file is too big. They look ok on phones but a larger screen you'll see the low quality :emb:

20150918_151336.jpg

20150918_151549.jpg

20150918_151433.jpg

20150918_151352.jpg
20150918_151352.jpg

20150918_151500.jpg

20150918_151523.jpg

20150919_123253-1.jpg

The detail and accessories are awesome:drool:

Reactions: dan8885 and Mark
My marty mcfly finally arrived! I had given up on ever receiving it due to no response from the retailer for the last 4 months. But it's here now, my first hot toy, and I love it:drool: I missed the limited guitar so I bought a non movie accurate red 1/6 scale guitar for him.

@harry and @Mark I said I'd show you pictures :cigar: and @Flash , you'll be interested in this too:) apologies for the low resolution, I have to take pictures on a 2mp setting otherwise i get pop up that says the file is too big. They look ok on phones but a larger screen you'll see the low quality :emb:

View attachment 188751
View attachment 188752
View attachment 188753
View attachment 188754 View attachment 188754

View attachment 188755
View attachment 188756
View attachment 188757
The detail and accessories are awesome:drool:

omg.gif

That is incredible @chunk

The detail of it, wow it's a thing of pure beauty.

Congrats on your first hot toys figure, they are bit expensive for me but lovely, glad yours finally arrived :)

Yey!! So pleased for you @chunk i know you have been waiting for this for a long time! Its awesome!! A nice addition to your collection! Thanks for sharing the pix here :)
Thanks mark:thumbs: when all the steels come out next month I'll go for a marty mcfly award.. gonna be poor next month:rofl:

omg.gif

That is incredible @chunk

The detail of it, wow it's a thing of pure beauty.

Congrats on your first hot toys figure, they are bit expensive for me but lovely, glad yours finally arrived :)

Thanks flash:thumbs:
Hot toys are out of my price range too, I had to save up for this one which was hard with buying steelbook's too.. so this will probably be my one and only hot toy, but I'm so happy to have it.. still love the movies as much today as I did in the 80's:drool:

Thank you both for checking out my post and commenting:notworthy::thumbs:

Reactions: Mark