Marvel Collector Corps (Discussion Thread) [Funko]

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
This statement was made by Brian Mariotti (President of Funko) last week about Marvel. It was made in the POP!s section of another forum by Mariotti himself.

"Keep your eyes on a special announcement coming directly from Marvel next week. Next week could one of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko." -Brian Mariotti

Anyone have a guess as to what it is? What are you hoping for?

Feel it might have worked better if Cap had his shield up actually sheilding himself or something, Personally was kind of hoping for the less obvious characters Cap and IM have had plenty of designs

I totally agree pretty much everyone who wanted an Iron Man or CA or them together probably has it so to release it yet again only the slightest bit different. How about even having them as fully Tony Stark and Steve Rogers

@Flash @pdbluray
Funny. Apparently they changed the Pop last minute. It was never going to be this.
You can see here:
"The box was originally going to contain a Falcon Captain America Pop! as well as introduce a new line from Funko!
Plans changed last minute to include a Pop! 2-Pack. In Order to meet production deadlines Funko skipped the concept stage and went straight to the sculpting stage"

popcards2-e1461002155442.jpg

Reactions: Flash
@Flash @pdbluray
Funny. Apparently they changed the Pop last minute. It was never going to be this.
You can see here:
"The box was originally going to contain a Falcon Captain America Pop! as well as introduce a new line from Funko!
Plans changed last minute to include a Pop! 2-Pack. In Order to meet production deadlines Funko skipped the concept stage and went straight to the sculpting stage"

View attachment 234444

Interesting they should have gone with that. I've read online there is a card inside telling people it was going to be this other pop but then something about production and it's now this set. It's a bit odd that they include a card telling customers 'look what you could have got' lol

Last edited:
YEAR ONE BOX IS NOW AVAILABLE!:

yearone.jpeg

"In honor of our fantastic first year, we've released a Year One Super Box.
This box is bigger and better than anything that's come before, and it's now available to all active subscribers!

The Year One Super Box will cost $125, including shipping, and will be available until stock runs out.
Supplies are extremely limited, so if you want the box, you'll need to act fast!
Simply log into your account and check your Members Only Products section.
As long as you have an active membership, a credit card attached to your account, and a US or Canadian shipping address, you should see the Year One Super Box in the Exclusives section as long as supplies are left!

Limit is 1 per user account, and the box will ship in late July.
Note that, if you're a PayPal customer, you'll need to switch to credit card in order to be eligible!"

Any guesses what could be in it!?
$125 US is a pretty steep price tag... I'm very temped to buy it... but I wish they would give more of a hint as to what it is.

YearOneSuperBox.jpg

Reactions: Flash
LOL the one sub that ships to UK but when it comes to the biggest box keeps it only as US and Canada.

Mind $125 would put this well outside my price range.

SPOILER ALERT

This is an unboxing of the year one box

@kaw I don't know if you want to know or not but for how expensive the box is and I know you ordered its up to you if you want to see what in there.

If it was me to be honest I wouldn't be that ecstatic with the contents for such a high price and I guess it depends which things by Funko you like. It's totally up to you if you want to look.

As I said if it was me, I'd want to know and hopefully still have time to cancel if unhappy as its alot of money.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw and pdbluray
SPOILER ALERT

This is an unboxing of the year one box

@kaw I don't know if you want to know or not but for how expensive the box is and I know you ordered its up to you if you want to see what in there.

If it was me to be honest I wouldn't be that ecstatic with the contents for such a high price and I guess it depends which things by Funko you like. It's totally up to you if you want to look.

As I said if it was me, I'd want to know and hopefully still have time to cancel if unhappy as its alot of money.

I love the Hobgoblin pop i mean always like the character anyway in Spiderman, everything else though i have zero interest in. You would of thought with the price it was that you would get at least 2 pops (Considering you can get two pops in a regular box sometimes) Honestly these sub boxes have been dropping the ball a bit more than a few times now unfortunately IMO.