Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 30, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £34.99 (Amazon) £36.99 (Zavvi)
14707782_1522515931098307_7403852021606737072_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted I missed the first 2 seasons, any idea where I can get these from now?

Season 2 digi should be ok on eBay price wise. Season one original limited digi will SERIOUSLY cost you £60+ and the majority of second hand sellers will still send you the non digi version. I know a fair few been stung that way. The original version was extremely limited, and in hand absolutely gorgeous!

Is this still available as a Digipack? Pictures on retailer sites seem to indicate it comes in an Amaray case now.

Is this still available as a Digipack? Pictures on retailer sites seem to indicate it comes in an Amaray case now.
The Digipack packaging are limited releases
Once the stock is Sold Out they are replaced with Amaray version

You need to pre order the Digipack versions to make sure you get one as they sell out quickly after release date

You need to pre order the Digipack versions to make sure you get one as they sell out quickly after release date

Thanks for the info. I was waiting for Disney to release this in USA, but I guess that's not happening. I should have moved quicker to secure one.

I pre-ordered it, yet I received a cheap Amaray version from Amazon.

I had to buy it a second time on eBay, to get the digipack.

I pre-ordered it, yet I received a cheap Amaray version from Amazon.

I had to buy it a second time on eBay, to get the digipack.
Depends on when you Pre Order if you order just before release date there is a risk of not getting the digipack as it's very limited the print run with these releases

It's best to pre order the day it goes live to order

Amazon though are hit and miss in terms of processing orders even if you pre order early and especially if you choose free shipping you risk been left waiting for your order be picked and shipped and by the time it is picked might not be the digipack.
If they have the stock you get the digipack if they don't you get the Amaray

This release was even more limited this time as the digipack was not a amazon UK exclusive compared to the previous 2 seasons
Season 3 digipack was available from all retailers so the stock allocation was spread out

Amazon would of had very limited stock allocated to them as a digipack as other retailers like Zavvi and HMV got stock allocated to them
I Pre Ordered with Zavvi and was shipped early on the 18th Jan with delivery on the 20th Jan

Amazon did not start to ship orders until Sat/Sun 28th/29th Jan and some was not till release date 30th

If you pre order early and with a retailer that ships early like Zavvi you got better chance of getting a limited version

What I do is order limited editions with both Zavvi and Amazon and if Zavvi ship early my order I then cancel the amazon order

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Nikofrance
Depends on when you Pre Order if you order just before release date there is a risk of not getting the digipack as it's very limited the print run with these releases

It's best to pre order the day it goes live to order

Amazon though are hit and miss in terms of processing orders even if you pre order early and especially if you choose free shipping you risk been left waiting for your order be picked and shipped and by the time it is picked might not be the digipack.
If they have the stock you get the digipack if they don't you get the Amaray

Indeed, I ordered it on the day it went live. Back then, the featured artwork on the website was the digibook, so I trusted Amazon.
The problem is that I added two other pre-order items to my order - two other blu-rays which would be released one week later.
I thought Amazon would save a digibook for me, but they didn't.
When I received the wrong edition, I contacted them, spoke for 50 minutes, sent pictures to make sure they would send me a replacement order with the right version - they promised they would, and yet, I received another Amaray.
I contacted them, finally gave up after another 50 minute chat, where they indelicately suggested I didn't know what I was talking about (the Amaray was now featured on their site, and they saw no difference between the digibook and the Amaray) and I finally bought it on the bay.

This release was even more limited this time as the digipack was not a amazon UK exclusive compared to the previous 2 seasons
Season 3 digipack was available from all retailers so the stock allocation was spread out

Amazon would of had very limited stock allocated to them as a digipack as other retailers like Zavvi and HMV got stock allocated to them
I Pre Ordered with Zavvi and was shipped early on the 18th Jan with delivery on the 20th Jan

Amazon did not start to ship orders until Sat/Sun 28th/29th Jan and some was not till release date 30th

If you pre order early and with a retailer that ships early like Zavvi you got better chance of getting a limited version

Interesting. I didn't know about it. Thank you for the information. It will definitely lead me to pick Zavvi next time.
The problem is that I usually don't trust Zavvi for special editions: I remember ordering some Disney special releases with the famous Classics & Villains slipcovers, and even though they featured a picture of the slipcover on their page, I received basic editions.

I noticed the barcode was the same for the Amaray and the dig ibook edition, which in my opinion, is nonsensical.
That is why we may receive a different edition from the one we wanted, and the web merchant won't understand why we complain...
The difference between the Amaray and the dig ibook is significant enough to generate 2 barcodes IMHO.

What I do is order limited editions with both Zavvi and Amazon and if Zavvi ship early my order I then cancel the amazon order
I would be too afraid they might send me the item at the same time, and I wouldn't be able to cancel one.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Indeed, I ordered it on the day it went live. Back then, the featured artwork on the website was the digibook, so I trusted Amazon.
The problem is that I added two other pre-order items to my order - two other blu-rays which would be released one week later.
I thought Amazon would save a digibook for me, but they didn't.
When I received the wrong edition, I contacted them, spoke for 50 minutes, sent pictures to make sure they would send me a replacement order with the right version - they promised they would, and yet, I received another Amaray.
I contacted them, finally gave up after another 50 minute chat, where they indelicately suggested I didn't know what I was talking about (the Amaray was now featured on their site, and they saw no difference between the digibook and the Amaray) and I finally bought it on the bay.

Interesting. I didn't know about it. Thank you for the information. It will definitely lead me to pick Zavvi next time.
The problem is that I usually don't trust Zavvi for special editions: I remember ordering some Disney special releases with the famous Classics & Villains slipcovers, and even though they featured a picture of the slipcover on their page, I received basic editions.

I noticed the barcode was the same for the Amaray and the dig ibook edition, which in my opinion, is nonsensical.
That is why we may receive a different edition from the one we wanted, and the web merchant won't understand why we complain...
The difference between the Amaray and the dig ibook is significant enough to generate 2 barcodes IMHO.

I would be too afraid they might send me the item at the same time, and I wouldn't be able to cancel one.
I know Zavvi can be risky with limited editions put it does depend on the release itself as in soft cardboard or hard cardboard
When it's a release with hard strong cardboard used they are fine

I myself when I know a release will be soft cardboard I will avoid Zavvi if I can as it's hit or miss if they send in a jiffy packaging or a decent cardboard box

I knew with this release it would be the same as previous 2 releases and would be hard cardboard the Digipack so less risk of been damaged in transit as in highly unlikely would arrived damaged and actually arrived in a decent box with Zavvi and was very fast delivery by courier without me paying extra for courier delivery.

Arrow Video releases for example I try get as much info as I can as to what packaging is used with their releases to decide if I order from Amazon or Zavvi

Some Arrow Video releases are strong cardboard and some are very risky to damage in transit but luckily most of been decent packaging used recently with most releases past year

Sorry to bring back this topic but I've been checking on here and Amazon every single day for monts waiting for the season4 digipack.
Any idea why it's still not out ??