Cancelled Marvel's Iron Fist (Season 2) [Disney+]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
HELL YES!!! :scat:

The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc. today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
Courtesy ComingSoon.net

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-07-21 22.19.14.png
    Screenshot 2016-07-21 22.19.14.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
@denizen Can't wait! ...I know the reviews have been bad, but I am going to decide for myself.
Reviewers also said Luke Cage was the best and I found it to be my least favorite of the Marvel Netflix shows. So what do they know.

Don't understand why the reviews are bad, I'm on episode 7, liking it so far, is every minute of every episode perfect, no, but the same could be said for all the other Marvel Netflix series, all have ups and downs, but I think all as a whole are great, Luke was my least too....

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
Watched the first five episodes and can't understand the hate.
I really like it, the monk and shaolin Story can't wait to see more from this.

Don't understand why the reviews are bad, I'm on episode 7, liking it so far, is every minute of every episode perfect, no, but the same could be said for all the other Marvel Netflix series, all have ups and downs, but I think all as a whole are great, Luke was my least too....

Just finished episode 6. I agree, it isn't perfect but it's not the train wreck reviewers are making it out to be.
The only thing I hope improves is Danny (as a character). He is pretty dry sometimes. Would be nice if he had a little more humor... something.
Otherwise its great.

When Claire showed up, I was wanting her so badly to say... "You know... I have a couple friends that could help you out with this sort of thing" haha

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Lakerone
Just finished episode 6. I agree, it isn't perfect but it's not the train wreck reviewers are making it out to be.
The only thing I hope improves is Danny (as a character). He is pretty dry sometimes. Would be nice if he had a little more humor... something.
Otherwise its great.

When Claire showed up, I was wanting her so badly to say... "You know... I have a couple friends that could help you out with this sort of thing" haha

It gets better, can't say why, only 4 eps for me left.....then the long wait for the Defenders.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I just finished Episode 6 and this show is excellent! No idea why there's so much hate. I don't mind Danny at all, but the highlight is definitely Colleen Wing. She's such a great character! I like Ward as a character, too. I wish they would've went with something different for the opening credits, though. The theme music is too close to Daredevil's. I would've liked a more colourful, David Aja-influenced opening, too:

ironfist-top.jpg

In my opinion, this show is miles better than Luke Cage and for some reason, Luke is the most critically loved. Luke bored me to death. As of now, it goes Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Iron Fist > Luke Cage. With Jessica Jones, it's David Tennant's performance as Kilgrave that made that show so amazing. Without it, Iron Fist would be rated higher.

I really dug Phase 1 of this Marvel/Netflix partnership (that's wrapping after The Defenders). I'm fully expecting Phase 2 to include The Punisher, Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones Season 2 (one that will include the introduction of Hellcat), a Luke Cage/Iron Fist series (presumably Heroes For Hire), and Daughters of the Dragon (Colleen and Misty). Good times ahead! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone and kaw
I'm scared to keep clicking on this thread for fear of spoilers! haha

the highlight is definitely Colleen Wing. She's such a great character!

I wish they would've went with something different for the opening credits, though. The theme music is too close to Daredevil's.

In my opinion, this show is miles better than Luke Cage and for some reason, Luke is the most critically loved. Luke bored me to death. As of now, it goes Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Iron Fist > Luke Cage.

I really dug Phase 1 of this Marvel/Netflix partnership (that's wrapping after The Defenders). I'm fully expecting Phase 2 to include The Punisher, Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones Season 2 (one that will include the introduction of Hellcat), a Luke Cage/Iron Fist series (presumably Heroes For Hire), and Daughters of the Dragon (Colleen and Misty). Good times ahead! :thumbs:

Yup. Colleen Wing is my favorite on the show. Plus she is super hot. haha

TOTALLY. The music is very similar but not nearly as catchy. DD, JJ, and LC's theme are all pretty memorable. This one sadly is not. I JUST watched an episode and I wouldn't be able to tell you how it sounds.

"Luke" was the most inconsistent for me. It had some great episodes and then some reallllllly bad ones. Its my least favorite as well. I would rank them in the exact same order.

I think a Heroes for Hire series would be fun (rather then a solo luke cage season 2)
Do you think Colleen and Misty could hold their own series? While I like both characters, they almost work better as supporting players.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Lakerone
I'm scared to keep clicking on this thread for fear of spoilers! haha

TOTALLY. The music is very similar but not nearly as catchy. DD, JJ, and LC's theme are all pretty memorable. This one sadly is not. I JUST watched an episode and I wouldn't be able to tell you how it sounds.

"Luke" was the most inconsistent for me. It had some great episodes and then some reallllllly bad ones. Its my least favorite as well. I would rank them in the exact same order.

I think a Heroes for Hire series would be fun (rather then a solo luke cage season 2)
Do you think Colleen and Misty could hold their own series? While I like both characters, they almost work better as supporting players.

For my spoiler, had to refresh on how to do it....

Wing...mmmmm....Wing......that's all I got to say about that.
Not sure if they could hold a series, but there is a rumor that some of the costars/sidekicks may be appearing in Defenders...we can hope.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw

Colleen Wing is so hot! Haha! As for holding a series with Misty, I think they could. Their comic books together are always great fun. That said, Misty will be in The Defenders but Colleen won't. That means they won't be meeting up anytime soon. If Marvel does a Heroes For Hire show, though, they could easily just include Luke, Danny, Colleen, and Misty. Maybe even throw Patsy Walker into the mix as Hellcat. That could be good fun! All I know is that both Luke and Danny couldn't hold a second season on their own. They don't have enough back story or rogues to fight.

Luke was terribly inconsistent. I honestly don't think there was a single great episode. There was some good ones, but most of the time, I was just trying to stay awake. The long, drawn-out club sequences where there's five minutes of a band playing, the switch-off between villains halfway through the season, the uninteresting side characters... it just did nothing for me. Mike Colter does play a great Luke, though, so hopefully he gets some good moments during The Defenders.

I'm hoping we some new "street level" characters during the second phase of the Marvel/Netflix partnership. Moon Knight, Darkhawk, Sleepwalker, Shang-Chi, Echo, White Tiger, and She-Hulk would all be great to see one day. Really hoping to see both Bullseye and Typhoid Mary in Daredevil Season 3, too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone and kaw
Colleen Wing is so hot! Haha! As for holding a series with Misty, I think they could. Their comic books together are always great fun. That said, Misty will be in The Defenders but Colleen won't. That means they won't be meeting up anytime soon. If Marvel does a Heroes For Hire show, though, they could easily just include Luke, Danny, Colleen, and Misty. Maybe even throw Patsy Walker into the mix as Hellcat. That could be good fun! All I know is that both Luke and Danny couldn't hold a second season on their own. They don't have enough back story or rogues to fight.

Luke was terribly inconsistent. I honestly don't think there was a single great episode. There was some good ones, but most of the time, I was just trying to stay awake. The long, drawn-out club sequences where there's five minutes of a band playing, the switch-off between villains halfway through the season, the uninteresting side characters... it just did nothing for me. Mike Colter does play a great Luke, though, so hopefully he gets some good moments during The Defenders.

I'm hoping we some new "street level" characters during the second phase of the Marvel/Netflix partnership. Moon Knight, Darkhawk, Sleepwalker, Shang-Chi, Echo, White Tiger, and She-Hulk would all be great to see one day. Really hoping to see both Bullseye and Typhoid Mary in Daredevil Season 3, too.

Bullseye has to be coming sometime, such a huge part of Daredevils timeline...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon