Cancelled Marvel's Jessica Jones (Season 3) [Disney+]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
HELL YES!!! :scat:

The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc. today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
Courtesy ComingSoon.net

jj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two episodes in.
So far really like it. It's a lot different then Daredevil, but thats ok. I'm glad this is its own thing.

Anyone else check this out yet?

Reactions: Flash
Two episodes in.
So far really like it. It's a lot different then Daredevil, but thats ok. I'm glad this is its own thing.

Anyone else check this out yet?

Why would it be like daredevil? I've only see episode one but looks pretty good Krysten Ritter is such a good actress often in bit part roles, good to see her taking the lead

I'm about 8 episodes in so far and I'm quite enjoying it so far. It's sorta similar to DD, well acted (Tennant is fantastic) and well written. But after seeing the fight scenes in Daredevil these ones just don't come close :(

Not bad. Wifey is enjoying this more than me. Only in 2 episodes so far. It's better than Supergirl :hilarious:

Same for me. Finished it already and thought it was okay, but for me it was kind of a letdown. I really like Krysten Ritter being a badass (always was, always did), but I just didn't buy her performance as Jessica Jones. Furthermore... I'm not the one who wants to see everything, but the action sequences seem like the budget wasn't enough and/or Ritter isn't that much of a physical actress.

Unfortunately I have to compare it to Daredevil because it's in the same universe and hell, there's a difference. Besides the fact that I'm just into buddy relationships I loved Vincent D'Onofrio as villain, the story and especially the rough, well-put action.

Still excited to see Season 2 and Defenders (of course). :)

Reactions: denizen
I did not dare to make a new thread, but I would like to read some opinions considering :

agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. vs Daredevil vs. Jessica Jones vs. Agent Carter

- I watched shield when it started (first 5-7 episodes) but felt is was pretty meh and not interesting at all
- have watched half of season 1 of DD and quite like it
- watched first episode of JJ and want to see more.
- have not seen AG at all.

all opinions welcome, pls tag me or quote so I'll know :thumbs:

Finally managed to drag myself to finish this show and it was still disappointing on so many levels.

The villain was great and carried the series easily.The side characters are pretty good as well.But Jessica Jones sucked ass.She never changes personality, mood or even her clothes.What a boring mess.

If this show did anything it get's me hyped for Luke Cage even more.That show is going to be amazing!