Mondo Marvel's Luke Cage - OST by Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release: October 7, 2016 at 12PM CST
Purchase: Mondo (yellow variant) / Zavvi (regular black)
Price: 35 USD / 29,99 GBP

Note:
2LP, Pressed on 180 Gram "Power Man Yellow" Colored Vinyl, Artwork by Matthew Woodson

Luke_Cage_Discs_1024x1024.jpg

Luke_Cage_FC_1024x1024.jpg

CuLqk8WUkAAkYe.jpeg

LC_GATE.jpg

We're excited to unveil the soundtrack for Marvel’s Luke Cage with collectible artwork of the bulletproof hero by Matthew Woodson. Composers Adrian Younge (Something About April) and Ali Shaheed Muhammad (A Tribe Called Quest) have combined forces to produce one of the best scores of 2016 featuring an inspired, genre-bending blend of orchestral score and 90s hip-hop beats, filtered through the sonic lens of the works of Ennio Morricone.

It's no surprise that the score hovers in the same terrain of the Spaghetti Western soundtracks of Morricone - the narrative of Luke Cage plays out like a modern Western, only set in Harlem. Younge and Muhammad have meticulously crafted one of the most unique sonic landscapes in the history of television.

"We sought to create a score that reflects the world of Luke Cage. We see this world as a place where classic cinema meets classic Hip Hop," said composers Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad.

Marvel’s Luke Cage tells the story of Luke Cage (Mike Colter), a hoodie-wearing, unbreakable ex-con who fights to clear his name and save his neighborhood. After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city – forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury. Marvel’s Luke Cage is rated TV-MA and is streaming now only on Netflix.

The soundtrack will be available on vinyl (via Mondo), digital retailers, and streaming services on October 7th. For more information, stay tuned to Marvel.com, @MarvelMusicInc on Twitter, and the official site for Marvel’s Luke Cage for all the updates.

Also, Los Angles folks: a live 40-piece orchestra will perform music from the Netflix original series at the theater tonight (10/6) at the Ace Hotel, curated by Younge and Muhammad. Tickets for Marvel’s Luke Cage: The Live Score can be found at axs.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just placed my order for one! Saw the first episode and really liked the vibe.

Now to catch up with the rest! lol

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
I actually spin from time to time, got a whole cache of (some) great stuff from my grandfather when he moved out of his home. I should take some photos at some point

You should definitely do! Excited to see the collection of your grandfather/yours now.

But you don't collect a lot of Soundtracks like the ones from Mondo or Waxwork?

I've pre ordered from zavvi with the code for £26.99 so hopefully this will be the yellow vinyl. Unless anyone knows they are releasing a black vinyl too?

Can't believe how good the music is and I love that method man track. Going to start watching this tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to it

Does anyone know if they are releasing a black version of this vinyl?

I've ordered it from zavvi but will cancel if it's not the yellow version.

Listing don't state anything regarding black or yellow

Wich code ?

Wonder if its the Black or yellow one.

The ZAVWEL54 code works but you need to access the link through the price drop thread in the steelbook section

Does anyone know if they are releasing a black version of this vinyl?

I've ordered it from zavvi but will cancel if it's not the yellow version.

Listing don't state anything regarding black or yellow

The ZAVWEL54 code works but you need to access the link through the price drop thread in the steelbook section

This should be the yellow variant since a regular black was never announced by Mondo.

Where the Link is ?
I can't find it :-/

You can find the 10 % off link for Zavvi in this post here: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ert-retailer-ebay.37901/page-465#post-1810497

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
This should be the yellow variant since a regular black was never announced by Mondo.

You can find the 10 % off link for Zavvi in this post here: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/steelbook™-price-drop-back-in-stock-on-sale-sold-out-alert-retailer-ebay.37901/page-465#post-1810497
Cheers dan,

I started to get the impression this should be the yellow version as i couldn't find any info on a black version.

Can't believe how good the music is.

Will happily keep my order

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885