meth head

replicant
Premium Supporter
Jun 12, 2014
les-tah, england
http://www.vigilantist.com/?p=148

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: nefilim and ocielz
Crossing my fingers on this. I just hope they do it right this time!

Well like the article states, it's likely to be darker and grittier than DD because of the lack of restrictions that normal network TV would place on a show like this. I am excited by this announcement and Netflix's involvement. When I finished DD, I immediately thought how amazing it would be if they turned their attentions to Frank Castle 'The Punisher' next. I am rooting for Michael Shannon as Castle.

Last edited:
I don't think it needs to be over the top. It just needs to be faithful to the source material. Less on the campy side and more on the smart side.
It seems as if they can never write a decent story for the poor hero. Michael Shannon might be a little old to play the part. I only say this because if they are going to start him up from scratch, then perhaps as younger star might be in order.

Reactions: meth head
Not necessarily. It could be an established character/story arc with subtle flashbacks giving it an origin quality. I like the way MoS handled this and DD. My most favoured interpretation of Frank Castle is more the middle aged man rather than a young adult.

Reactions: ocielz and denizen
Punisher spinoff in development at Netflix
With Netflix presenting at the Television Critics Association winter tour on Sunday, this may be confirmed sooner than later, but TVLine is reporting that the streaming service is very close the giving the green light to a Punisher spinoff. Jon Bernthal (“The Walking Dead”) will play the comic book character in the second season of Daredevil on Netflix, premiering on Friday, March 18, 2016.

If the series gets the green light, it would join Marvel’s Daredevil, Jessica Jones, the upcoming Luke Cage, and the in-development Iron Fist and The Defenders series at Netflix.

In related news, Bernthal talked to EW about playing the character and the dark place he had to go to as an actor. He said he sees Frank Castle/The Punisher “as a man who put his on the line and really went through the ultimate sacrifice for this country in his involvement in the military. He’s a guy who brought the war home with him [in] the worst possible way. There are a lot of iterations of this character and in all of them it’s a man who’s gone through this unbelievable trauma and what’s interesting about our take on him is how this trauma reshapes his own philosophy.”

He added that “with Frank, what was important was the emptiness inside him. He’s dealing with this unbelievable loss. There’s unbelievable anger and hatred and shame. There’s a sense of responsibility and as a father and husband, if I were to lose my family on my watch … I had to put myself in as dark of place as possible the last six months.”

Bernthal explained that his character evolves over the season. “I can tell you that this guy, horrible tragic things happen, and we will see how he goes through that. The effect the other characters have on him will push him certain directions. I think once you see these characters collide, it’s tremendously interesting and emotionally gripping as well. It’s going to be a special season. If you thought last season of Daredevil was dark, we’re going to a whole new place.”

Marvel’s Daredevil season two will feature the return of Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock (who moonlights as The Man Without Fear), Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Scott Glenn as Stick and Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple. Elodie Yung is also set to appear, playing the deadly assassin Elektra Natchios.

-Comingsoon.net

AWESOME NEWS!

Punisher Spin-Off Officially Ordered at Netflix!
Source: ComingSoon.net

punisher-series-logo.png

Earlier this year, it was reported that Netflix was developing a Punisher spin-off, set to focus on Jon Bernthal’s gun-toting vigilante from Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2. The report was met with caution from Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb, but now Marvel and Netflix have made it official!

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle in the series with Hannibal executive producer Steve Lightfoot set to serve as the series’ showrunner.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring ‘Marvel’s The Punisher’ to Netflix.”

“Jon hooked our global audience with his performance as Frank Castle from the moment he stepped on screen in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’ and we are looking forward to seeing more of him in this role under the vision of Steve Lightfoot,”
said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Steve Lightfoot. “After watching Jon’s performance in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

The collaboration between Marvel Entertainment and Netflix has already produced two seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and the very well-received first season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, of which a second season has also been ordered. Marvel’s Luke Cage will premiere on the streaming service this September with Marvel’s Iron Fist currently in production and the culminating event, Marvel’s The Defenders, set to begin production at the end of the year. It’s unclear when The Punisher spin-off series would begin production or premiere, though it’s likely that it will arrive after The Defenders mini-series.
popcorn2.gif

Reactions: luke98