Upcoming Marvel's Runaways (Season 3) [Hulu]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
runaways-why-aren-t-marvel-using-hawkeye-black-widow-hulk-or-loki-jpeg-162902.jpg

based on the comic created by the award-winning team of Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona.

“Marvel’s Runaways” is Executive Produced by series Co-Showrunners/writers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (“The O.C.”, “Gossip Girl”) along with Marvel’s Head of Television, Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”) and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”) “Fake Empire’s” Lis Rowinski will produce as well. “Marvel’s Runaways” is a co-production with ABC Signature Studios.

Marvel Television will be bringing the fan-favorite and ground breaking comic book series, RUNAWAYS, to popular streaming service, Hulu.

Every teenager thinks their parents are evil. What if you found out they actually were? “Marvel’s Runaways” is the story of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe–their parents.

“We’ve known the Runaways’ story would make great television,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, “and being lucky enough to have Josh and Stephanie–who have time and again created shows that speak so genuinely to this exact audience–write and produce the series is nothing short of remarkable.”

“I’m a long-time fan of Runaways and couldn’t be more excited to bring Brian and Adrian’s characters to life,” said Schwartz.
runaways-why-aren-t-marvel-using-hawkeye-black-widow-hulk-or-loki-jpeg-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the PERFECT Marvel comic book for a TV series. It's like Harry Potter with superheroes. Weird that it's on Hulu, though. I wonder if Netflix will appreciate that. Either way, hopefully this ends up on Netflix in other countries since Hulu isn't everywhere. If I can't watch Runaways in Canada, I'll be sorely disappointed.

CAST revealed:
  • Rhenzy Feliz (“Teen Wolf,” “Casual”) as Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.
  • Lyrica Okano (“The Affair,” “Unforgettable”) Nico Minoru–tough, intelligent, and independent–embodies teenage angst. A budding “Wiccan,” Nico’s carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.
  • Virginia Gardner (“Goat,” “Little Bitches”) as Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.
  • Ariela Barer (“New Girl,” “One Day at a Time”) as Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.
  • Gregg Sulkin (“Faking It,” “Don’t Hang Up,” “Anti Social”) as Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.
  • Allegra Acosta (“100 Things to do Before High School,” “Just Add Magic”) as Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.

rhenzy-feliz.jpeg lyrica-okano.jpeg virginia-gardner.jpeg ariela-barer.jpeg gregg-sulkin.jpeg allegra-acosta.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
This is the PERFECT Marvel comic book for a TV series. It's like Harry Potter with superheroes. Weird that it's on Hulu, though. I wonder if Netflix will appreciate that. Either way, hopefully this ends up on Netflix in other countries since Hulu isn't everywhere. If I can't watch Runaways in Canada, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Doubt it will be on Netflix, they dont share their movies and shows with Hulu, and it is a Hulu original right?

Doubt it will be on Netflix, they dont share their movies and shows with Hulu, and it is a Hulu original right?

Actually. There is a small chance.
Some Hulu shows have gotten picked up on Canadian TV stations. For example:

Mindy Project = CityTV
The Path = Showcase
The Handmaiden's Tale = Bravo

Using Mindy Project again as an example, ALL of its episodes currently air on Netflix Canada (That includes the ones made by Fox and the new ones made by Hulu).
Thats right. a HULU EXCLUSIVE on NETFLIX!

Do I think Runaways will be on Netflix?... no. But I do think it will get picked up by someone up here. Its too high profile a show not to.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
As of Yesterday, The first 3 episodes are now streaming on Hulu.

Yeah, Netflix Canada works a lot different than the U.S. one. Some Hulu exclusives have popped up on Netflix Canada in the past.

And the first 2 premiered tonight on Showcase (here in Canada).

Marvel’s ‘Runaways’ Adds Elizabeth Hurley As Morgan LeFay

rexfeatures_10241149s.jpg

Elizabeth Hurley will be bringing some dark magic to Marvel’s Runaways on Hulu in the Season 3 role of Morgan Le Fey, a sorceress with considerable history and even greater power.

The Royals actress will be taking on the role of a character that dates back to 1955 in the lore of Marvel Comics (then still known as Atlas Comics). The character made her debut in The Black Knight issue No. 1, which introduced the nefarious Le Fey as the scheming half-sister of King Arthur of Camelot and a high priestess born with faerie heritage.

That 1955 issue was written by Marvel Comics icon Stan Lee, who imported Le Fey’s name and persona from the classic Arthurian legends that mesmerized him as a child. Black Knight issue No. 1 was illustrated by Joe Maneely, who is credited as the character’s co-creator along with Lee.

The character description from the Runaways producers: “Morgan le Fay is an iconic Marvel villain. A student of Merlin, she is considered the greatest sorceress of all time. With a black crow as her familiar and the ability to enchant objects, manipulate mystic energy and astral project, she is powerful and intelligent with a cutthroat wit.”

The casting news was first reported by Variety.

The LeFay role reunites Hurley with Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage, the Runaways showrunners who worked with the British star on their series Gossip Girl.

Hurley isn’t new to the supernatural. Next year is the 20th anniversary of Bedazzled, the Harold Ramis-directed romantic comedy that cast her (opposite Brendan Fraser) as a wickedly seductive version of the Devil. That role and the Austin Powers films were key early successes for Hurley, whose more recent notable credits include the part of Queen Helena on The Royals (2015-2018).

Schwartz & Savage created Marvel’s Runaways based on namesake comics about a uneasy alliance of young heroes who mistrust each other but must unite after identifying a common enemy and overpowering threat: their parents, who, it turns out, are all super villains. Marvel’s Runaways stars Allegra Acosta, Ariela Barer, Rhenzy Feliz, Virginia Gardner, Lyrica Okano, and Gregg Sulkin..

Hurley is repped by UTA.

via Deadline