Mary Poppins (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #15) [UK]

Aug 9, 2012
UK
Looks like the next one will be Mary Poppins !

Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Mary Poppins
Price: £22.99
Notes: Spot gloss on Marry Poppins

For anyone that's missing Disney Movie Rewards points, just screenshot your order from Zavvi's website and send it over to Disney. They've already given me the 150 points that should be there :)
http://www.disneymovierewards.co.uk/member/missing-codes

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10899099-1390310999-761748.jpg

10899099-1390310999-761743.jpg

Specs:

Attachments

• mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 459
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics.

I think Mary Poppins is delivering my copy and has flown off with it.

Like everything about it but the credits above the border sort of draws my eyes to it.

Reactions: paulboland
Mary Poppins
50th Anniversary Edition

Special Features

Commentaries:

Audio commentary by Julie Andrews, Karen Dotrice, Richard Sherman & Dick Van Dyke

Extras:

"Becoming Mr. Sherman" featurette (14:01)
Mary-oke
- Play all (7:58)
- A spoonful of sugar (2:10)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (2:02)
- Step in time (1:27)
- Chim chim cher-ee (2:18)
Disney on Broadway
- "Mary Poppins from Page to Stage" documentary (48:06)
- "Step in Time" featurette (7:08)
Backstage Disney
- "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: The Making of Mary Poppins" documentary (50:46)
- "The Gala World Premiere" featurette (17:45)
- "The Gala World Premiere Party" featurette (6:23)
- "Movie Magic" featurette (7:05)
- "Deconstruction of a Scene: Jolly Holiday" featurette (13:03)
- "Deconstruction of a Scene: Step in Time" feautrette (4:52)
- "Dick Van Dyke Make-Up Test" featurette (1:07)
- Publicity
- - Original theatrical teaser trailer (2:54)
- - Original theatrical trailer (4:14)
- - Julie Andrews' premiere greeting (0:39)
- - Original tv spot #1 (0:32)
- - Original tv spot #2 (0:33)
- - 1966 re-issue trailer (1:02)
- - 1973 re-issue trailer #1 (1:12)
- - 1973 re-issue trailer #2 (1:02)
- "A Musical Journey with Richard Sherman" featurette (20:53)
Music & more
- "A Magical Musical Reunion" featurette (17:19)
- Deleted song: Chimpanzoo (1:38)
- Disney song selection
- - Play all (32:55)
- - A spoonful of sugar (3:01)
- - Jolly holiday (8:44)
- - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (2:01)
- - I love to laugh (2:43)
- - Feed the birds (3:45)
- - Chim chim cher-ee (1:12)
- - Step in time (8:35)
- - Let's go fly a kite (2:47)
- - "Sing Along with the movie" subtitle track
"The Cat That Looked at a King" bonus short (9:52)

Subtitles:

Dutch, English SDH, French, Italian and Portuguese

Aspect Ratio:

1.66:1

Picture Format:

1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4

Soundtrack(s):

English DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1
Dutch Dolby Digital 5.1
French Dolby Digital 5.1
Italian Dolby Digital 5.1
Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1

Note UK Blu-ray has extra that is not included in USA Blu-ray
A Musical Journey with Richard Sherman" featurette (20:53)

There is a difference with the Audio
USA Blu-ray English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
UK Blu-ray English DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1

Last edited:
anyone else having trouble with the dmr points as blu ray is not coming up as an option on there [sic] missing points page only dvd ?

Yes, so I selected DVD in order to be able to submit the proof of purchase, but sent them a separate e-mail (via the 'contact us' option, selecting 'points' as the subject) stating that I had to do this as their website was not listing the blu-ray version!

Reactions: glennturner21
Actors names would have been surely better on a single line on the lower black part (in a smaller font size) or right aligned to the movie title.
Anyway it's a nice composition and a really good work!

Reactions: Steeler
Still waiting for my copy of this despite dispatch last Weds. I'm beginning to think Zavvi don't like my address...my last Disney order didn't arrive and I had to request a replacement :/

My copy shipped ages ago has not turned up. I think Sherri bobbins had it and it's not coming. Zavvi said I have to wait until 19th match to complain

My copy had a ding and Zavvi wants to play games. I don't want a discount, I want a replacement!!!! :angry: any suggestions?

they always try at first... just tell them that you don't play these games, and insist on a replacement (after returning).
it's all a bit time-consuming, but you will get what you want in the end.
the best is to also write them on facebook (if you have an account there), because their replies and service is much better there.

they always try at first... just tell them that you don't play these games, and insist on a replacement (after returning).
it's all a bit time-consuming, but you will get what you want in the end.
the best is to also write them on facebook (if you have an account there), because their replies and service is much better there.

The response I received from Zavvi today about my damaged Mary P. steel asked me to return the item to them for replacement.

They instructed me to attach a digital copy of the postal receipt. Then they would refund me the postal charge once they receive the damaged steel. Zavvi also indicated that the postal charge needed to be no more than 15% of the item cost. The unit price for this steel is about $33.25 USD...15% of that is $4.99.

Right! Shipping across the pond for $5 USD is impossible. I guess I'll have to go back to them and show a screen print from the post office of the estimated cost being well over the $5 mark and see if that changes their tune Unreal...

Zavvi :shoot:

The response I received from Zavvi today about my damaged Mary P. steel asked me to return the item to them for replacement.

They instructed me to attach a digital copy of the postal receipt. Then they would refund me the postal charge once they receive the damaged steel. Zavvi also indicated that the postal charge needed to be no more than 15% of the item cost. The unit price for this steel is about $33.25 USD...15% of that is $4.99.

Right! Shipping across the pond for $5 USD is impossible. I guess I'll have to go back to them and show a screen print from the post office of the estimated cost being well over the $5 mark and see if that changes their tune Unreal...

Zavvi :shoot:

the "only 15% of item's price for return shipping refund" is also just a trick. it's not even in their official return policy. they tried the same with me recently (had a damaged "dumbo" to return), and only refunded me 2.77GBP back. after claiming again on facebook, suddenly it was no problem to get the FULL return shipping refund.

sorry for off-topic, should probably be moved to the zavvi retailer thread.
thanks.

Reactions: steel888