USA
Release date: April 24, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99
SKU: 6202784
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6202784_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642.jpeg

Last edited:
First time I see there was a Director's Cut for the first film. Is there any info as to how much longer it is ?
All the copies I have (many) all are 1h53min (Japan, Taiwan, USA, Czech, China) (n):dunno:
The only instance of cutting on TMR was the UK cutting the film by 43 seconds.
Amazon has the steelbook listed at 113 mins. without the "unrated director's cut" listed on the cover.
Best Buy has the steelbook listed at 114 mins. with the "unrated director's cut" printed below.
Why Amazon's version would be the censored UK cut, I do not know. (But, I really am not gonna worry about 43 seconds of (likely) gore or boobage, or whatever....:LOL:. It ain't Blade Runner!:hilarious:)
@Actarus - nice to see OG avatar back!!:LOL::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus

The only instance of cutting on TMR was the UK cutting the film by 43 seconds.
Amazon has the steelbook listed at 113 mins. without the "unrated director's cut" listed on the cover.
Best Buy has the steelbook listed at 114 mins. with the "unrated director's cut" printed below.
Why Amazon's version would be the censored UK cut, I do not know. (But, I really am not gonna worry about 43 seconds of (likely) gore or boobage, or whatever....:LOL:. It ain't Blade Runner!:hilarious:)

I ham noticing this on a regular basis, for example a ''release'' that has an actual running time of 1:53:30 seconds, a retailer can have it listed at 113min and another one at 114min. I don't really go about when one retailer has it listed one minute different than another.

All my disks from all different countries have the same running time for TMR(including USA Amaray), from what I read when I googled it, I only noticed what you mention about the UK edit...

I ham noticing this on a regular basis, for example a ''release'' that has an actual running time of 1:53:30 seconds, a retailer can have it listed at 113min and another one at 114min. I don't really go about when one retailer has it listed one minute different than another.

Amazon's US/Canada Version is not cut, all my disks from all different countries have the same running time for TMR, from what I read when I googled it, I only noticed what you mention about the UK edit...but this still bugs me now if it has different footage, different editing in the ''so called' Director's Cut :cautious:
True. When I read detail stats on Amazon or Best Buy, I don't take them as gospel! (Odds are, the kid typing in the stats on the Best Buy site is working his first real job!:LOL:).
I might research deeper if we were talking about Blade Runner cuts, or Close encounters - But not Maze Runner over a matter of 43 seconds!

True. When I read detail stats on Amazon or Best Buy, I don't take them as gospel! (Odds are, the kid typing in the stats on the Best Buy site is working his first real job!:LOL:).
I might research deeper if we were talking about Blade Runner cuts, or Close encounters - But not Maze Runner over a matter of 43 seconds!

Yeah, N/A Amarays are usually most of the time Uncut. For the movies I love I usually will get the N/A Amaray disk even if I go for a premium for the same title.
Very small difference happens sometimes but it is on the rare side. For example the Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD N/A is HDR10 and the 4K UHD from Mondo Art Steelbook Taiwan and also HK are Dolby Vision. Very Strange :cautious:

It's no Blade Runner but it is still TMR :emb::p:rolleyes:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah, N/A Amarays are usually most of the time Uncut. For the movies I love I usually will get the N/A Amaray disk even if I go for a premium for the same title.
Very small difference happens sometimes but it is on the rare side. For example the Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD N/A is HDR10 and the 4K UHD from Mondo Art Steelbook Taiwan and also HK are Dolby Vision. Very Strange :cautious:

It's no Blade Runner but it is still TMR :emb::p:rolleyes:
Seriously? I did not catch that fact! Hmmmm. Very weird. (Especially since it costs nothing to have both - and it is not an either/or situation, since DV sits on top of HDR10).
Good catch, @Actarus !:thumbs:*
*also just found out that the US release of WESTWORLD is Dolby Vision, even though it isn't mentioned anywhere on the box.

*UPDATE - After some grueling investigation-
It appears There is no UHD Disc version of BR2049 with DolbyVision.There was speculation after European and UK discs had DV logo that proved to be a mistake.
However - there are differences between the US/European/Japanese encodes.
The U.S. (by Warner Bros.) has higher bit rate, but filtered softer image. The European/UK encode (By Sony) is sharper (despite a lower bit rate than Warner's). And The Japanese (again by Sony) appears to be the best of all the encodes (because they shed the metadata for multiple language tracks). YMMV.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Seriously? I did not catch that fact! Hmmmm. Very weird. (Especially since it costs nothing to have both - and it is not an either/or situation, since DV sits on top of HDR10).
Good catch, @Actarus !:thumbs:*
*also just found out that the US release of WESTWORLD is Dolby Vision, even though it isn't mentioned anywhere on the box.

*UPDATE - After some grueling investigation-
It appears There is no UHD Disc version of BR2049 with DolbyVision.There was speculation after European and UK discs had DV logo that proved to be a mistake.
However - there are differences between the US/European/Japanese encodes.
The U.S. (by Warner Bros.) has higher bit rate, but filtered softer image. The European/UK encode (By Sony) is sharper (despite a lower bit rate than Warner's). And The Japanese (again by Sony) appears to be the best of all the encodes (because they shed the metadata for multiple language tracks). YMMV.

That is Very Strange. WOW you really did some diggin' that is impressive the info you got :thumbs: But I probably would not be able to tell the difference unless I would see it on 2 TVs side by side to compare....I am going for FAC for sure, but not for the Disks I seem to have often issues with European Disks, reason why I started to get the US Amaray of films I love to make sure I get a copy that I know will work fine...or Taiwan I never have issue with those Disks(Japan Too Expensive).

Regarding Maze Runner the last of the Trilogy, Pre-Ordered the 4K Amaray N/A and will go for FAC for a premium one :thumbs: Disks will probably be fine, and I will probably end up with many copies as I love the editions they make for those films... hope there will be a Target Exclusive Digibook like the 2nd movie :happy:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Are you doing a group buy Andy? If it doesn’t come to Canada I might want a copy. I know Bestbuy Canada won’t carry this and waiting on Sunrise Records.

If there is a group buy, I so want in too. I'm in Canada as well.

Thanks!

I can offer a group buy if folks want help with this one.

Any update - Canada folks - will Sunrise get this?

@Drum18 @rj531 @kaw

Contacted Sunrise and this won’t be in Canada it seems. They won’t even get any Fox Exclusives. They will get Rick & Morty Season 3 steelbook and have more but can’t announce any more at the moment.
Nooooo! Why?
Oh well, too bad for them. That's why we have HDN right? :D