Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Best Buy Exclusive) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: December 15, 2015
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99 ($19.99 Release week)
Group buy: apsmith21

024543175674;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will get this to go with the first steel....hopefully a price drop though before release

It says "unrated director's cut" in the mockup :wow:

Nice Catch ! so Small written !

I looked at the HMV UK Mockup and it doesn't say this, so this will be a cat and mouse scenario as to what copies contains what so we don't miss proper release. ie: what is the difference between the Unrated Director's Cut and Theatrical Version. Or will all contain both...

Reactions: luke98
i just hope there a different artwork somewhere else

I see two possibilities that would work with that art. As you can see it has texture like it is rough paper. I would like to see a full slip box done with that art and/or the crackle effect done for the steelbook itself. It is screaming out for something amazing. FilmArena are you listening?

• Informative
Reactions: rj531 and tono06
I see two possibilities that would work with that art. As you can see it has texture like it is rough paper. I would like to see a full slip box done with that art and/or the crackle effect done for the steelbook itself. It is screaming out for something amazing. FilmArena are you listening?
I love CRACKLE...If that the case i'm downnnnn!

Reactions: blu-steel
I am beyond excited about this release and this WWA if it is this design I am happy with it but can't wait to see them popping up from all countries so we'll know what the WWA steel will really look like... this is the sequel and the word is ''Anticipated'' but @AlienKing
lets Hope that FA will pick up the sequel WWA steel and make an FAC out of it to have the sequel from the film arena Collection, that would be just sublime :drool:
Can't wait to see the WWA Steel :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
I am beyond excited about this release and this WWA if it is this design I am happy with it but can't wait to see them popping up from all countries so we'll know what the WWA steel will really look like... this is the sequel and the word is ''Anticipated'' but @AlienKing
lets Hope that FA will pick up the sequel WWA steel and make an FAC out of it to have the sequel from the film arena Collection, that would be just sublime :drool:
Can't wait to see the WWA Steel :)
Oh man, if FA picks this up AND does a slip with 'scorch trial' theme to match the 'maze runner' theme :drool::drool: That would be a dream collection. I just hope this sequel turns out better. (I'm looking at you Insurgent (n) what a letdown that was)

Anyway, on topic: so far I do like the art for WWA. I would prefer no embossing or debossing on this. Especially no embossing, that might actually make it worse. I can live with debossing on this though. Ideally, a spot gloss or full gloss treatment would be nice for this art.

Nice Catch ! so Small written !

I looked at the HMV UK Mockup and it doesn't say this, so this will be a cat and mouse scenario as to what copies contains what so we don't miss proper release. ie: what is the difference between the Unrated Director's Cut and Theatrical Version. Or will all contain both...
I doubt this will be part of the final steelbook cover.

The text just looks like it's tacked on there for the mock up (like 'artwork tbc' or something) as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the design. The font colour doesn't even match.

It may show up on a j-card or slip though.

I like to see Best Buy release the first as a companion to this edition. They would make a nice giftset for the holiday season :thumbs:
Hell Yeah! :woot: A companion to the 1st would be GREAT! :thumbs: That's what happened with 'Catching Fire', BB also released a Steel for 'The Hunger Games'! ;)

Reactions: ash333