• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Pre-order: September 2
Release date: October 15
Price: 34.99$ (Promotion price for 3 days)
Buy links:
Memento - Kimchidvd Exclusive Lenticular Edition
Memento - Kimchidvd Exclusive Full Slip Edition

Package detail: See below
Local and Overseas

Live for pre-order at (times):

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, 1 September 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 1 September 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
Montreal (Canada - Quebec) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+ 1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Frankfurt (Germany - Hesse) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Prague (Czech Republic) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Hong Kong (Hong Kong) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 13:00:00 HKT UTC+8 hours
Taipei (Taiwan) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 13:00:00 CST UTC+8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 05:00:00

Here is Memento package shot
1) Lenticular package (1300 copies)
2) Full slip package (1300 copies)
3) 1/4 slip non-exlusive package

Pre-order date & price will be announced next week

Lenticular Edition (1300 copies):

10531252_1588884411338770_850310102720728645_o.jpg

Full-Slip Edition (1300 copies):

10507064_1588884561338755_1752972550848847898_o.jpg

1/4-Slip:

10577160_1588884671338744_1779424754378400059_n.jpg

Please choose SteelBook artwork (vote on Kimchidvd's Facebook page):

TYPE A
momento-a-jpg.83452

TYPE B
momento-b-jpg.83453

TYPE C
momento-c-jpg.83454

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions
Old info:
Type A
14-jpg.73123

Type B
2_9-jpg.73124

Type C
2_4-jpg.73125

Attachments

• ??? ???14.jpg
    ??? ???14.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16,778
  • ??? ??2_9.jpg
    ??? ??2_9.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 16,285
  • ??? ??2_4.jpg
    ??? ??2_4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 16,219
  • Momento-A.jpg
    Momento-A.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 17,075
  • Momento-B.jpg
    Momento-B.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 16,385
  • Momento-C.jpg
    Momento-C.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17,372
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 903
Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely don't want to come off rude, but we were given a preorder date and time in advance. If you wanted a copy you should have been on at the live time to order one, does not matter if this was labeled as a "not very popular title or not". It seems kimchi made a business decsison to move half the copies to local store because pianist and perfume probably did not sell on their website as expected.

Sorry for all that missed, but this is a kimchi exclusive, be on at live or go home :\

Well said brother

I like to know for those of us that ordered the Lenticular due to the Full Slip been sold out
If the local store does not sell well and the Full Slip is put back available to order on Kimchidvd Website
Will they give those customers who missed out the chance to change their order of Lenticular to the Full Slip version

This could have been avoided by giving us correct order details before it went live

I don't want to order both but I know some here will and will be happy if they can get both

This was a mistake by Kimchidvd and they should in my opinion give us the option to change a order from Lenticular to Full Slip
Paying for orders in advance means that's very difficult to do as its not a case of simply cancelling an order and re ordering a version you want if it comes back available to order

I'm happy I managed to get my order in for the Lenticular but I really wanted the Full Slip and had I Known it was limited to 650 I would have been ready at 6am to get it

Kimchi didn't disclose as much information as they should have, people missed out and are naturally unhappy about that. They'll likely be back in stock at a later date. Back on topic, people.

For those of you who did get orders in, which ones did you go for and why?

@paulboland totally understand where you're coming from and it's a valid concern. Kimchi should have stated that 650 of the 1300 copies are available for overseas only, like PA does. Their mistake and hopefully next time they decide to do this they'll let us know before pre-order date via facebook or their website.

Hopefully it doesn't sell very well in store and you guys will have another shot at it :)

@karmasux96 I thought the lenticular slip was pretty lackluster so I went for the full slip, I hope it turns out as good as the previous full slips.

I like to know for those of us that ordered the Lenticular due to the Full Slip been sold out
If the local store does not sell well and the Full Slip is put back available to order on Kimchidvd Website
Will they give those customers who missed out the chance to change their order of Lenticular to the Full Slip version

This could have been avoided by giving us correct order details before it went live

I don't want to order both but I know some here will and will be happy if they can get both

This was a mistake by Kimchidvd and they should in my opinion give us the option to change a order from Lenticular to Full Slip
Paying for orders in advance means that's very difficult to do as its not a case of simply cancelling an order and re ordering a version you want if it comes back available to order

I'm happy I managed to get my order in for the Lenticular but I really wanted the Full Slip and had I Known it was limited to 650 I would have been ready at 6am to get it

I ordered 1 of each for myself , this is the 1st time I've ordered steelbooks from them and I was up at 5.45 to order them because I know how popular they are , I know ur annoyed but u need to stop having ur dig because u didn't get up and order , I know that they halved the quantity but every1 in there right mind knows how popular they are and should have been on the ball ,
and also I've paid over the odds for some of there steelbooks because I didn't get any in time but that's my own fault and I'm not blaming people for getting more than 1 .

Reactions: Thelite13

I understand your frustration that Kimchidvd didn't provide the complete info about this release, but it was your choice to order the lenticular. Kimchi certainly doesn't owe you a swap. If you really don't want the lenticular, then you should cancel it now. Then you'll have your money if/when the full slip comes back in stock.

I placed my order about five minutes after they went live, and was able to secure a copy of both. I think the best advice is to purchase the exclusives you like when they go live- regardless of print run or popularity. That way you have a higher chance of obtaining the releases you want ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: whysoserious?
First rule of kimchi club... set the darn alarm. If you aren't awake then you can't have any reason to complain.
Second rule of kimchi club... order first, ask questions later. Tony is very helpful and will almost always make sure you are looked after if you need to make any changes to your order.
Third rule of kimchi club... enjoy collecting their exclusives. Or you will be miserable and bitter and collecting won't be fun any more.

I've just read the last few pages of this thread and I think there are a few people who owe kimchi an apology.

And before people start crying 'foul' in the future remember this. The scalper is the one with 'ill' intentions, not the retailer. Before kimchi came the scalper.

Missed out on Frozen , Rush & Snowpiercer because my broadband packed up-on these occasions I have never blamed kimchi-in the case of Rush was at work and just couldn't check out in time...:mad:

ahhh damn totally forgot about this and missed it :ohno:. I even subscribed to this thread but didn't get any notifications. weird :bored:. Hopefully it comes back in stock at kimchi.

I think that there is no panic to have. I'm sure he will come back in stock soon :thumbs:
I hope so. However, I would never blame Kimchidvd for not getting one of their exclusives in time, even if I tried in time. But I blame myself that I did not follow this thread regularly, thus I missed it. Damn me....

I think most ninjas didn't really bother waking up early to preorder this on the assumption that it will be around for a while just like last few exclusives from Kimchidvd, the fact that half were sold instore and the other half online is no one's fault but yours, we all know well that these releases are well sought after and most of the time tend to sell out in advance, just because Tony and Choi been so kind to fill us in on things way in advance in the past it doesn't mean they have to carry on doing so forever, you want it set your alarm and wake up in time to preorder, U snooze U lose, simplez... having said all that I am sure this will come back in stock nearer release date so stop complaining and keep an eye out for it instead :)