Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is an upcoming action role-playing video game set in The Lord of the Rings universe, currently being developed by Monolith Productions and due to be released by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game will bridge the gap between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings saga and is due for release on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The game is currently slated for a release in 2014.

Gameplay:

In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the player plays as a ranger with Wraith-like abilities by the name of Talion. The game is an open world video game and players will have the freedom to pursue side quests and roam around the world.

The game makes use of a new system called the Nemesis System which remembers the player's interactions with specific types of characters they will encounter in the game and adjusts the manner in which these characters will react to the player throughout the game. The player will have the option to level up the abilities of Talion both as a ranger and as a Wraith through two distinct skill trees.

Plot:

The game takes place between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings, as written by J.R.R. Tolkien. The family of ranger Talion is killed by Sauron's armies, and he himself is also killed, but soon revived with "wraith-like abilities" and heads to Mordor to exact his revenge. Mordor is not yet a barren wasteland in this story.

The story involves the Rings of Power, but the story is separate to The Lord of the Rings canon. However, Warner Bros. maintains that the stories will align. The player will encounter Gollum in the game, discovering that Talion and Gollum have a lot in common.

Attachments

• som.png
    som.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,508
Last edited:
@nicblue I think the warchief trophy you'll get through natural progression through the game.

I platinumed this yesterday. Overall I really liked it. The story levels were easy, but there are some pretty tough achievements to get.

The most difficult task for me to do is the Uruk worms that give intel. There usually within a larger group and not by themselves so trying to not kill him when I'm killing his friends is a difficult task, I usually wind up killing the worm in the process. :dead: I find the only way to successfully perform this task is to pick off his friends with the bow first then jump down and squeeze his brain for the precious info.

Has anyone ever used Kinguin before to purchase Steam games? There pre-used game keys and I just bought this game, Game of the Year edition with all DLC for a little over $6 and it's going for $19 on Amazon and Steam and that doesn't include all the DLC content either. I was a little skeptical at first thinking that it's going to be already in use but it worked like a charm.

They have a buyer protection option on checkout that is like 2% or 5% of the total it's selling for in case it's a key that's in use. The system is setup a lot like eBay where there's a feedback system in place that has there sellers score and I just chose the first seller with 100% and wham bam thank you mame. After a PayPal purchase it took about 5 minutes and I received an email with my key and I plugged it into Steam and worked like a charm. :D

Now that I've started playing this on my new laptop (the graphics on this with a GTX1060 looks phenomenal) I find it quite a bit more difficult than from game play on my PS4. Steam does say that it supports game controllers but I've never had a game controller for a PC game but it might make things a little bit easier. I'm still not used to the W+A+S+D controls, I find my hand dropping off to the side of my laptop (a habit I guess) and then I have to reacquire my hand stance and in that moment I tend to lose the advantage and have died quite a few times because of it. :confused: :facepalm:

The only PC based game I'm used to is Diablo III and you don't use those keys for movement, you just point and click with the mouse to where you'd like to go and your character moves to that position. It will definitely take some getting used to that's for sure. :stop: :coffee: