Slipbox Midnight Diner (Blu-ray Slipbox) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

May 25, 2013
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

886806_533901363457616_7754116678113421117_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand "food" movies. Restaurants are for food. Movies are for entertainment.

:LOL: I kind of agree with you. I can think of a few "food" movies that have come along over the years, and I avoided all of them. But the overall package design of the full-slip edition for this is so lovely that I'm thinking about buying it regardless--and also regardless that I've never even heard of this film. Minimal and bold-yet-delicate Asian design just clicks with me.

Last edited:
odd comment. IMO. :cautious:

ultimate food movie : The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover. THE only movie I have seen people walk out.

tumblr_mrdkbuvqiY1rcc6d2o1_500.png

Whoa! I can't believe I completely forgot about that one! One of my all-time favorites, must have watched it 30 times or more. I'd kill to see someone like Plain Archive or The Blu Collection do that one up right.

odd comment. IMO. :cautious:

ultimate food movie : The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover. THE only movie I have seen people walk out.

tumblr_mrdkbuvqiY1rcc6d2o1_500.png
Peter Greenaway's film is awesome! I loved the design with changing colors with the different rooms, etc.
But I wouldn't call it a "food" film.
What is odd, is having your roommate in college come back from a movie, and you ask him how it was, and his response is "the food was sumptuous!"o_O
I don't go to movies to watch chefs prepare meals. That is for the Food Network.;)

I can't stand "food" movies. Restaurants are for food. Movies are for entertainment.
I can't remember watching any 'food' movies.
But I don't mind watching if they entertain me :)

EDIT: I do remember watching Waiting...and Ratatouille. But I guess they are more of a comedy. :dunno:

How can they make something as beautiful as this and so thoroughly ruin Let the Right One In? I just don't get it.

This is supposed to go live 20 minutes from now, but I still don't see a page for it at Kimchi or Nova.

Edit: God damn it . . . It looks like they're only going to sell this through yes24.com. Has anyone ever ordered from this place? Do they ship outside of Korea?

Last edited:
Edit: God damn it . . . It looks like they're only going to sell this through yes24.com. Has anyone ever ordered from this place? Do they ship outside of Korea?
I never could get an order through them. I registered, even had Poppoya in my cart, but could not figure it out after that. It probably didn't help that the product was not supposed to be shipped outside China. : /

Poppoya eventually showed up at the sites we normally order from, so there's hope. Poppoya was also a no-English-subs release, so prolly the same deal with both releases.

Now this one's in my cart. Even if google translate was working I probably could not order this. I seem to go in circles at yes24.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: adarkcorner
I never could get an order through them. I registered, even had Poppoya in my cart, but could not figure it out after that. It probably didn't help that the product was not supposed to be shipped outside China. : /

Poppoya eventually showed up at the sites we normally order from, so there's hope. Poppoya was also a no-English-subs release, so prolly the same deal with both releases.

Now this one's in my cart. Even if google translate was working I probably could not order this. I seem to go in circles at yes24.

Hooray, it's at Kimchi now!

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=21066

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=21065

They don't ship internationally

• Helpful Post
Reactions: adarkcorner