Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Mindhunter - Netflix

Releasing in October 2017

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: David Fincher, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Erwin
WRITERS: John Douglas, Joe Penhall
CAST: Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, Cotter Smith, Anna Torv, Muse Watson

From IMDb:
An agent in the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit tracks down serial killers and rapists.

From Deadline:
The House of Cards executive producer/director David Fincher is expanding his Netflix portfolio with a second drama series, Mindhunter, we have learned. Like House of Cards, which Fincher developed with Kevin Spacey, on Mindhunter the Gone Girl and The Social Network director also is collaborating with an Oscar-winning actor, Charlize Theron. Also like with House of Card‘s Beau Willimon, we hear Fincher has recruited a playwright/screenwriter for the new series, Brit Joe Penhall (Sunny Afternoon).

Fincher and Theron will executive produce the series, which is based on the 1996 book Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, by former special agent John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. For years, Douglas pursued some of the most notorious serial killers and rapists, developing profiling techniques to catch them. The book goes behind the scenes of some of his highest-profile cases, including the man who hunted prostitutes in Alaska, the Atlanta child murderer, and Seattle’s Green River killer. To hone in his profiling methods Douglas interviewed and studied a skew of serial killers. Several book and TV characters have been based in part on him, including Jack Crawford in Thomas Harris’ The Silence of the Lambs, Will Graham on Hannibal and Jason Gideon on Criminal Minds.

Series was filmed in western Pennsylvania and wrapped production in February 2017.
mindhunter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: earthscope
Anna Torv is in this.....:drool::notworthy::kiss: :cigar:

Oh god Fringe what an awesome show that was. Just watched some of the first season again on blu ray and it's still superb..

Fringe was an awesome show! It's good to see Anna Torv back!:D I'm looking forward to this!

I'm currently re-watching Fringe with my Wife (She had never seen it before). So great to revisit those characters.

Anna looks so different in this show...
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.15.55 PM.png
Almost Villainesque?

I'm currently re-watching Fringe with my Wife (She had never seen it before). So great to revisit those characters.

Anna looks so different in this show...
View attachment 338513
Almost Villainesque?
Yeah I think it's the darker hair, she definatly looks different though. Fringe is a great show, I missed out on it when it first came out but luckily it got recommended to me! I'm glad I watched it eventually!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Just watched the first few minutes and picture quality is superb. 4K Dolby Vision bitches....:naughty::LOL: :notworthy: :woot:

Really looking forward to a weekend binge of this and of course Anna Torv......:cigar::whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and spass
That's awesome! Let us know the episode and time where you're at after you watch it. :thumbs:
I really enjoy this show so far. I find it very interesting.

Episode 7

Salem, Oregon sequence after opening credits.

I am both the guard standing towards camera in the first photo and the guard at the far gate in the second photo. (They told me to hide my face in the second sequence because I had been seen in that earlier shot.) My buddy Matt is holding the gate door open.
IMG_20171014_232813_530.jpg
IMG_20171014_232813_529.jpg

Watched the first 3 episodes last night and really enjoying it so far. Sharp, intelligent, beautifully shot show. Mad Men meets Psycho Killer...

Looks absolutely stunning in Dolby Vison. The night time scenes with the street lights and the briefing scene with the Projecter, really pop with amazing specular highlight detail....:wow::Snap::thumbs: :)

• Thanks
Just finished the season.
I gotta say, the structure of the show is a lot different then most. Not saying its bad, just takes some time to get use to.

It feels like the younger brother for Zodiac, in tone and era for sure.
The only thing I would have liked from it would be a little more suspense. The show is essentially all talking. And while that is interesting and the subject matter drives it, I might have taken the show in a slightly different direction (and who knows, maybe season 2 will go in the direction I am hoping)...

What I would do for season two is you have a killer go after them for doing what they are doing. They are tracking him with he is tracking them. I would find that interesting.
But maybe that isn't this show? i dunno.

Anyways. I still thought it was very well made and I enjoyed it.

I thought these guys were just fictional characters for the show. Had no idea they were real killers.

Wow! Me neither and I'm sure I read in an review that Ed was an fictional character. Show's how much that reviewer knew. :p

What a show this is. Loved every minute of S1.

• Thanks
The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our first look via a series of images.

The new season will explore the “Atlanta child murders,” a series of killings between 1979-1981. At least 28 African American children, teenagers, and adults were killed during that time.

Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany return as FBI agents trying to solve the case, and in season 2 they seek the help of two infamous madmen: Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.

Interesting to note, Damon Herriman plays Charles Manson in the new season of “Mindhunter,” the same actor playing Manson in Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

mindhunter-4.jpg

mindhunter-6.jpg

mindhunter-13.jpg

mind-hunter-charles-manson.png