Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 7) [HK]

pioneer

Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
united kingdom
Release date: February 17, 2017
Purchase link: Manta Lab - Pre-order January 20 2017
Price: $43.99
Note: Lenticular Full Slip - limited to 600 numbered copies (Limited to 2 Copies per order)

missperegrine_packshot1.jpg

15937003_1274485072661598_4279151641375980612_o.jpg

15895212_1270973706346068_1242974304038935087_n.jpg
missperegrine_slipfrontshot (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know movie picks for 2016 are slim, but really? They should try to get more exclusives. I don't collect the Manta Global line because they are just pumping out the titles, akin to FilmArena and Kimchidvd.

• Thanks
Reactions: HOBBS and harry
I know movie picks for 2016 are slim, but really? They should try to get more exclusives. I don't collect the Manta Global line because they are just pumping out the titles, akin to FilmArena and Kimchidvd.
Thank you.

Their lentis and full slips have been great from the start, but pumping out releases at this rate will not get them high on any collector's list.

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek and harry
They are obviously doing every Fox and Warner release
And their movies have been pretty bad lately.
I probably won't be getting another MG until Fantastic Beasts(if they release it),
but want to see what they'll offer with this one:thumbs:

Reactions: AnubisNefer
I don't see the issue with Manta churning out new releases under the Global Series label. They release them in fairly limited runs and the slips are of high quality. As long as they keep showing the Exclusive Series love, I'm happy to snag the occasional Global Series release and pass on those I'm not interested in.

I don't see the issue with Manta churning out new releases under the Global Series label. They release them in fairly limited runs and the slips are of high quality. As long as they keep showing the Exclusive Series love, I'm happy to snag the occasional Global Series release and pass on those I'm not interested in.

Problem is the pricing and of course the weak £ (lol) which makes FACs look more reasonable and attractive.

All these 3D Manta Lab releases are setting us back a dear 45-50. I know we pay the same to Blufans but they at least offer us WEA.

This.

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
the weak £ (lol).
:rofl::D

You can't argue with FAC for value--especially for Europeans. Their full slips are absolutely top-notch, even when wrapped around a (sometimes) mediocre WWA steel. They're a bit pricier here in the States once you factor in shipping, but still very reasonable for the money. As for Manta, $60 shipped for a WWA steel is undeniably steep, but their lentis are fantastic and the print runs are limited enough to allow a degree of exclusivity (to those that care). The premium price is made a bit harder to swallow when you see some of their excellent exclusive titles listed right beside the WWA for $10-15 less.

I guess I'm just surprised by the backlash at Manta's Global Series. It seems like a number of collectors feel betrayed or offended that Manta has chosen to release so many titles on their Global line, making it harder to collect them all (or more expensive, at least). I'm not much of a completionist myself, but it seems like an easy enough task to draw a line between the two lines to satisfy that particular quirk for those afflicted with it.

With 7 premium retailers offering different (more often same titles) it will be hard to be a completionist. Some titles might not be my cup of tea then I just move on to the next release. I usually don't multi dip on WWA titles and just pick the best release if I find the film worthy of a premium. Nevertheless I am more excited with their Exclusive line coz so far they haven't disappoint.

Haven't seem the film yet so unsure if this is worth getting from Manta. Obviously their slips are awesome just don't think I want to fork out for this title. I'm wondering if their deal with some of these studios mean that they have to release some titles that they normally wouldn't.