Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 7) [HK]

pioneer

Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
united kingdom
Release date: February 17, 2017
Purchase link: Manta Lab - Pre-order January 20 2017
Price: $43.99
Note: Lenticular Full Slip - limited to 600 numbered copies (Limited to 2 Copies per order)

missperegrine_packshot1.jpg

15937003_1274485072661598_4279151641375980612_o.jpg

15895212_1270973706346068_1242974304038935087_n.jpg
missperegrine_slipfrontshot (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great for the collector of ephemera . . . the slipcase, the cards and the 36 page booklet will no doubt be lovely and make the purchase worthwhile for the collector . . . but my question is how much extra exactly are those goodies going to add to the package in pounds, shillings and pence?
Global Series or in this case the same miserable unattractive steelbook available everywhere else for half the price (?) but as with all other same editions the inside artwork is stunning :thumbs:

In conclusion: This colourful film is SO in need of and crying out for of WEA artwork especially with the great poster designs available !!!
This, as wraparound artwork, would have made it for me an instant purchase or to put it another way the inside on the outside:-

Last edited:
Just noticed 3D. Cool!!! I can't get enough 3D. Hoping they keep it alive.

I am sorry to say that few years down the line, 3D TVs will be close to extinction as manufacturers are ditching 3D in favour of 4K. This applies to projectors as well. To me, 3D has achieved only moderate success. 3D has been used as a novelty factor by Studios to make more money but this gimmick is slowly being disregarded by both manufacturers and consumers. 4K UHD will become mainstream like Blu-rays around 2020 and slowly you will notice manufacturers and studios ditching 3D. 4K UHD specs are more focussed on HDR standards. They want to nail it so that the so-called holy grail filmmaker's vision is achieved to the best possible extent.

Manta Lab's peculiar choice continues...
am loving that they pick some odd ones as well as safe bets.

We need more retailers doing odd titles - I never though this would get premium treatment and I quite liked the movie, so am super tempted to buy this trussed up copy where as before I was gonna wait for a sale price steelbook....damn youse manta!! (in the best way)

I am sorry to say that few years down the line, 3D TVs will be close to extinction as manufacturers are ditching 3D in favour of 4K. This applies to projectors as well. To me, 3D has achieved only moderate success. 3D has been used as a novelty factor by Studios to make more money but this gimmick is slowly being disregarded by both manufacturers and consumers. 4K UHD will become mainstream like Blu-rays around 2020 and slowly you will notice manufacturers and studios ditching 3D. 4K UHD specs are more focussed on HDR standards. They want to nail it so that the so-called holy grail filmmaker's vision is achieved to the best possible extent.
I was 3D gaming just last night

But your probably right, sadly.

Though they should not ditch 3D completly though. It cant cost much to burn a disc from the 3D theatrical copy. They should just start adding 4K to the sets, as like with Blu-ray, it'll take a while for people to latch on (heck, they still print DVD's for christ sake)

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, January 20th, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: February 17th, 2017
3. Print Run (600 units for both Domestic and International)
Lenticular Full Slip ($43.99): Numbered 1 to 600 (Limited to 2 Copies)
4. Goodies
- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(3ea), Character Card(6ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker
5. Effects
- Lenticular Full Slip: 3D + Depth Lenticular, Gloss + Matte combination finish, Embossing

Please check our website for more information on our website - www.mantalab.com

Thank you!
Best regards,
Manta Lab

#Mantalab #Exclusive #bluray #Steelbook #MissPeregrine #Timburton

Shame. I just upgraded to 4K but my set also had 3D included as a "legacy option" as Panasonic put it. So i bought some glasses and scoured my steels for 3D discs, there's plenty and I'm re-watching much of my collection with a renewed appreciation :)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
No UK based GB this time Cooey?

think am gonna try direct for this one Friday due to USD>GBP rates (no offense to Aniv - dude's served me excellently on prior GB's :) long may he continue)

No UK based GB this time Cooey?

think am gonna try direct for this one Friday due to USD>GBP rates (no offense to Aniv - dude's served me excellently on prior GB's :) long may he continue)

This is Manta Lab mate, not Kimchi ;)

The KimchiDVD one will be another week or so away.......who said that?? Nope....not me ;) :D