Missing Your New Thread? - Important Note for New Traders and Existing Traders

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hello steelbook traders!

We've implemented a change in the way this forum allows new threads to be posted.

ANY NEW thread will now have to be approved prior to other traders seeing it.

Therefore, please keep in mind the following rules BEFORE posting your new thread for review.

We request that EACH member only has ONE trade thread. If you'd like a title change or other general cleanup, you can report the first post and request a moderator to assist with the changes.

We request that ANY new trader provider references from other forums or ebay such that other members can see a trading history from other locations.

Finally, a trading moderator MAY request that you alter your thread once approved to follow other trading rules.

Thread not approved yet?

Have you read and followed our simple trading rules?

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/steelbook™-trading-rules-guidelines-tips-with-helpful-links-must-read-for-new-members.7531/

Post a reply to this thread only if you have completed our suggestions and requirements and we'll get to you as soon as we are able.

Hopefully this small change will add another level of security for our long time traders in this forum! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Made a thread to sell a small lot of 9 Steelbooks.
ongeduld.gif~c200

No prices, no e-bay account links or references from other seller accounts, no approval.

make the edits and we're good to go. :)

Hi @apsmith21
Items are all for trade only. Since I'm not selling it, do I need to put prices for trade item?
The ebay reference is already there, it's under my wantlist. But if the link is not working I will check again.
Thanks

Hi mods, I have been trying to figure out why my posts aren't going through. I have over 150 steelbooks being sold and some gaming steelbooks as well. I know it has been a long time since I have been active here, but I didn't recall any issues with posting links to other sites before and I couldn't find anything about it being against the rules in a recent search.
Is the issue that I have my listings on cheapassgamer? If that's the only issue, I could post the full list here as well along with the same info.
Basically, I am just unsure why the posts are being deleted as no one has told me the issue. When a post is moderated out rather than sent through to the forums, is there supposed to be a message or something we receive, because I can't find anything.
Please LMK what I can do and I will fix it.
Thanks!

Hi mods, I have been trying to figure out why my posts aren't going through. I have over 150 steelbooks being sold and some gaming steelbooks as well. I know it has been a long time since I have been active here, but I didn't recall any issues with posting links to other sites before and I couldn't find anything about it being against the rules in a recent search.
Is the issue that I have my listings on cheapassgamer? If that's the only issue, I could post the full list here as well along with the same info.
Basically, I am just unsure why the posts are being deleted as no one has told me the issue. When a post is moderated out rather than sent through to the forums, is there supposed to be a message or something we receive, because I can't find anything.
Please LMK what I can do and I will fix it.
Thanks!

First, all new trade threads are moderated, and must be approved.

Per trading guidelines, rule #14 - we don't keep track or police threads on other forums. Don't link threads you have posted else where.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/steelbook™-trading-rules-guidelines-tips-with-helpful-links-must-read-for-new-members.7531/

First, all new trade threads are moderated, and must be approved.

Per trading guidelines, rule #14 - we don't keep track or police threads on other forums. Don't link threads you have posted else where.

Ah, I see. That was tucked right in there and I didn't notice. It makes sense now. Unfortunately, I think I can't post here as they are not solidly priced. Still, loved HDN and will probably be back to resume trading/collecting once my financial situation gets better. LOL

Thanks for the response!

Hi Team,

I made a thread and its not approved yet. DO appreciate you assistance on the matter.

Thank you very much.

I posted a for sale post, but for the past seven days it has been sitting there with this message:

Thread Status:
Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly.

Is this delay normal?