Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive OAB) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
WWA, lenticular slip, limited to 500 copies

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already getting the FA edition but it feels wrong to only have the 5th film as a premium steelbook. It's not even the best one IMO. Why have they chosen to start with Rogue Mission? More importantly, are there plans to also do the other 4 films?

For those who are bemoaning the inclusion of the aircraft in the artwork, this is actually the official Imax poster art for the film.

roguenation02.jpg

Since the original artwork has Paramount's imprimatur, it's hardly a mistake by Blufans.

• Informative
Reactions: goufcustom
What I like about this release is...

... the size of the cards. (And, because I'm amused by the missing 'e' from Skydance, I actually like that too).

... The booklet consisting solely of black and white photographs - and the small collection of quotes and 'facts' printed on a number of the pages.

... The solid, 'quality' feel of the slip

I am, however, indifferent to the 'lenticular' slip (maybe... ever-so-slightly 3D in effect?), and, well, the steel itself is just like so many of the others.

I'd have to say, all in all, that I prefer the Film Arena releases, but... I'm still glad to have this one in my collection as well!

What I like about this release is...

... the size of the cards. (And, because I'm amused by the missing 'e' from Skydance, I actually like that too).

... The booklet consisting solely of black and white photographs - and the small collection of quotes and 'facts' printed on a number of the pages.

... The solid, 'quality' feel of the slip

I am, however, indifferent to the 'lenticular' slip (maybe... ever-so-slightly 3D in effect?), and, well, the steel itself is just like so many of the others.

I'd have to say, all in all, that I prefer the Film Arena releases, but... I'm still glad to have this one in my collection as well!

What's the lenti like ? my OAB 1 click is on the way :) looking forward to it. I don't think this one is better than FACS though.

What's the lenti like ? my OAB 1 click is on the way :) looking forward to it. I don't think this one is better than FACS though.

Keeping in mind here that A) I'm far from being an expert and can only comment on my own opinions, and B) am a next to useless photographer, I really don't feel any great love / appreciation for the lenti at all. Like I mentioned in my original post, it... may... have a kind of 3D effect to it. The FA ones, however, particular the one from V1, I think is nothing short of fantastic and changes constantly. (I like watching the team pop up one by one...)

Not great photos, I know, but all I did was move a little to get the FA one to change so noticeably. Whereas the Blufans one... Nothing, really.

Keeping in mind here that A) I'm far from being an expert and can only comment on my own opinions, and B) am a next to useless photographer, I really don't feel any great love / appreciation for the lenti at all. Like I mentioned in my original post, it... may... have a kind of 3D effect to it. The FA ones, however, particular the one from V1, I think is nothing short of fantastic and changes constantly. (I like watching the team pop up one by one...)

Not great photos, I know, but all I did was move a little to get the FA one to change so noticeably. Whereas the Blufans one... Nothing, really.
Pardon my noobness, but what is 'FA'? Can't find any webstore with that name or abbreviation on this forum or google...

Seriously impressive. I would go as far as to say this is the most impressive slip/lenti I have to date. The lenti gives a real impression of speed. It's sick! I thought the shopped airbus would bother me, but it doesn't, not in the slightest.

IMG_2022.JPG

Reactions: goufcustom

Correct me if i am wrong... and here is your answer but the Blufans is an attached Lenti. Rather than a Loose lenti on the Filmarena. If this is true i automatically prefer the Blufans. I never understood the like for loose lenti

Reactions: meth head