Modifying SteelBooks

Feb 17, 2010
Share how you modify your Steelbooks here.

diy1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any1 point me in the direction of a template as a back drop to measure custom art work up against on photo shop. Being trailing through thread but cant find one. Be much appreciated if some1 cn help.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, so I'll just ask here.

I'm just curious, but anyone with a Boyhood or Looper Mondo Variant, what do you guys do with your numbered stickers? Do you peel them off and put them on the clear slipcover? Put them inside the steel? Or what?

Wasn't sure where else to put this, so I'll just ask here.

I'm just curious, but anyone with a Boyhood or Looper Mondo Variant, what do you guys do with your numbered stickers? Do you peel them off and put them on the clear slipcover? Put them inside the steel? Or what?

I put them inside the steelbook, some place where it won't cover up much of the inside artwork. If the sticker is too big like HDZeta, I'll just cut the wrapping and store the sticker in the steelbook. You could do this with normal stickers too. You could also put them on the clear slip, totally up to you! If you're super ocd about stickers and don't want to crease them, using a hairdryer will make them peel off a lot easier. I feel pretty silly talking about stickers but I am kicking myself for throwing away my kimchi T2 sticker like a year ago. Haven't thrown one away since lol

Can any1 point me in the direction of a template as a back drop to measure custom art work up against on photo shop. Being trailing through thread but cant find one. Be much appreciated if some1 cn help.

Under post 2 man on page 1!

I put them inside the steelbook, some place where it won't cover up much of the inside artwork. If the sticker is too big like HDZeta, I'll just cut the wrapping and store the sticker in the steelbook. You could do this with normal stickers too. You could also put them on the clear slip, totally up to you! If you're super ocd about stickers and don't want to crease them, using a hairdryer will make them peel off a lot easier. I feel pretty silly talking about stickers but I am kicking myself for throwing away my kimchi T2 sticker like a year ago. Haven't thrown one away since lol

Yeah I keep stickers from Kimchi, Nova, Plain, etc on the inside of the steelbook, but I kinda want to keep this on the slipcover for some reason. Don't know though.

But yeah, I threw away my Plain Archive one from The Wrestler a year or so ago before I realized that they should be kept as part of the packaging. Especially these Mondo special editions.

Hello peeps!

I'm looking to convert my new Jurassic Park steelbook into a 4 disc-er (to house the trilogy and the JP1 3D disc), but I don't want a jumbo...can anyone recommend a case that I can pilfer from to do this please (or if you have the trays...pretty please?!)?

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers!